' Neil Warnock on how Cardiff City won the 'battle "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Neil Warnock on how Cardiff City won the 'battle of Traores' against Middlesbrough

Saturday 17th February 2018

"We could've scored more goals but we never do anything simply do we."

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock picked out the battle of the Traores as one of key drivers in his side's hard-fought 1-0 win over Middlesbrough on Saturday.

It was a game that also saw January arrival Armand Traore deployed in a more advanced role out wide, a decision that came as a slight surprise to many onlookers.

However, the Nottingam Forest loanee flourished, putting in arguably his best performance in a Cardiff City shirt so far, with a display that offered a sharp contrast to that of Middlesbrough playmaker Adama Traore, who barring a tame first-half shot straight at Neil Etheridge never really looked like making an impression on proceedings at the Cardiff City Stadium.

And Bluebirds boss Warnock says the two's performances are no coincidence, adding that Adama is a player he's admired for some time.

When asked about playing Armand in a more advanced role, Warnock said: "Their Traore's been on fire so we had to be a little bit clever tactically, although obviously he played on the left a lot of the time so poor old Bruno had to be lumbered with him.

"I've always liked him [Adama]. He's unpredictable but I think in the Championship he's what you want really. But all credit to the lads, both sides did very well and chances were few and far between."

The quality of Cardiff's defensive performance didn't go unnoticed by Warnock either, with his side now two away from the Yorkshireman's target of 16 clean sheets.

"We could've scored more goals but we never do anything simply do we."

"We had some good chances but couldn't quite make it count and when you can't take your chances, you've got to defend well and make sure when the other team throw the ball in box you can defend it. I thought we defended with our lives today."
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Middlesbrough-Sky-Bet-Championship-Cardiff-City-Stadium-4.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Middlesbrough-Sky-Bet-Championship-Cardiff-City-Stadium-4.jpg (95.67 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat