Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big Ken

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:04 pm

First class Tuesday and today. His hold up play and bringing others into play has been superb, he’s been battered and bruised by two tough defences but keeps going back for more. :thumbup: Top marks big man keep it going.

Re: Big Ken

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Agree, he is only missing a goal to kick start him

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm

I said to my mate today he really deserved a goal as he was really good. He needed someone close to him I think today to run off his flicks!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:55 pm

He was ok,still cant score or look like scoring, one goal in last 24 games, even our subs had a shot on target in the last two games, two more than he achieved and they were both on the pitch for a few mins.
We would definitely be top of this league if we had someone who created his own chances as our main striker. but a lot more effort and involvement today.Well done..

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Sloper Road wrote:He was ok,still cant score or look like scoring, one goal in last 24 games, even our subs had a shot on target in the last two games, two more than he achieved and they were both on the pitch for a few mins.
We would definitely be top of this league if we had someone who created his own chances as our main striker. but a lot more effort and involvement today.Well done..

Trouble is he cannot be in two places at once? Ball kept getting played to his feet and he spent all game fending off defenders brilliantly, so was unable to be in middle waiting for balls that never came! !!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:48 pm

ok but tell me why is he the only forward that rarely gets a shot on target,,as i said players come on the pitch for a few mins and manage a shot...the truth is he does not make enough chances for himself to justify why hes supposed to be worth a lot of money.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Sloper Road wrote:ok but tell me why is he the only forward that rarely gets a shot on target,,as i said players come on the pitch for a few mins and manage a shot...the truth is he does not make enough chances for himself to justify why hes supposed to be worth a lot of money.

How can he make chances for himself when he receives ball 35/40yds from goal with his back to it like today? I get what you say but until City change way they play ken is not going to get anywhere near a shot unless he beats his marker and turns him and makes 40yd run on goal? :old:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Our players have got a job to do. Probably why Tomlin is no longer here. Ken has for most part of the season been very effective in drawing defenders holding up play which in turn left space for Hoilet and Laing etc generally it has worked well or I’d imagine we wouldn’t be second.
Yes he’s not scoring which is a shame but in the greater scheme of things I’d say it ain’t looking too bad.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Ward managed it, Boogle managed it,,,,no need to make excuses for him, he does not try enough/good enough to lose his marker....never scores from a set piece.but Morrison ,Bamba manages it, He has a chance against Bolton but scuffed his shot and became a lame effort,and that's noting to do about the points you make..

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Ward managed it, Boogle managed it,,,,no need to make excuses for him, he does not try enough/good enough to lose his marker....never scores from a set piece.but Morrison ,Bamba manages it, He has a chance against Bolton but scuffed his shot and became a lame effort,and that's noting to do about the points you make..

Chill out Pal we’re 2nd in the league, maybe put the effort into supporting our playing rather than picking holes in him. At the end of the day he cost peanuts we can only profit off him and we are 2nd in the league. No pleasing some people mun

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:12 pm

Typical make a comment on a message board and told to chill.
Its a message board so your logic is we are second so don't make comments about the team,,,so no posts today then..great..
Ive been supporing city since 1967 home and away so feel well qulified to make comments thank you very much.
The point about today and Warnock said it himself after the match we should have and needed to score a second goal. We didn't do that and that's why hes bought a new striker.
by the way do you think Alex Ferguson went home after a game when they were top of the league and thought no need to do anything about this team we are top of the league ,,no he didn't the next match he would drop a few to keep them on there toes..that's the difference those who care to make changes when winning and those that sit back and think everything s all OK..

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:45 pm

Sloper Road wrote:He was ok,still cant score or look like scoring, one goal in last 24 games, even our subs had a shot on target in the last two games, two more than he achieved and they were both on the pitch for a few mins.

He was OK ...... seriously ? He won every long ball, held the ball up and brought other team mates into play. It got that bad he even tried to run onto his own knockdowns.

Chasing back into his own half to make tackles.

Clearly you've got an issue with him how ever well he plays.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:57 am

Would just like to know why he doesn’t want to head the ball ?

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 am

Id like to see pilks play with either him or madine

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 am

Reading the end of last week Warnock said he don't mind if Zohore does'nt score as long as we win,that seems to be his role now hold up play for other's to push forward and feed off him.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:09 am

Needs a goal to bring his confidence back. I can see Madine coming in as soon as he is fit because we must start scoring more goals to kill teams off.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 am

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:First class Tuesday and today. His hold up play and bringing others into play has been superb, he’s been battered and bruised by two tough defences but keeps going back for more. :thumbup: Top marks big man keep it going.

Much better just needs that all important goal and his confidence will be back, we will need him firing in the goals if we are going to nick 2nd spot :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:07 am

Bluesman wrote:Needs a goal to bring his confidence back. I can see Madine coming in as soon as he is fit because we must start scoring more goals to kill teams off.

Scored the same amount of goals as villa and derby, think we are doing ok

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 am

I said he did ok and well done. He needs to this every week,
he was playing the same in the first 5 games of the season but he was having shots on goal and was unlucky not to have scored more. He is not doing that at the moment.

Cant imagine this continuing till the end of the season when our main striker scores in only 4 games out of 46 and contributing 4 goals out of some 75 goals scored.(albeit he missed some of those games)