Referees not applying the laws

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bluesman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:20 am

What are referees doing with regard to grappling and shirt pulling in the penalty area. After watching the game against Middlesbrough yesterday I would suggest they are doing nothing. The way Morrison was grabbed, pushed and was having his shirt pulled at every opportunity was a disgrace. There is a referees assessor at each game, these people should mark down the referees for not applying the rules. The game needs to stamp this out and the referees association need to instruct referees to apply the rules even if we get 6 penalties a game. If they are not prepared to apply the rules then rugby tackling becomes legal.
Bluesman

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Referees not applying the laws

Postby Jestrix » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:06 am

I said similar to the guy next to me, Patterson pulled down second half right in front of us and linesman nothing given but closer to the halfway line it was given. Seems to be one of those challenges which is given anywhere bar the area to stop 6/7 penalties per match...
Jestrix

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:58 am

We were right in front of Morrison and the ref watched it happen on three occasions and did nothing. And this wasn't just shirt pulling, Morrison was being grappled back from his runs in clear sight of the official.

The only way this will be stopped is to hand out bookings and I wonder why this is not happening as the problem is getting worse.

Yesterday's ref struggled and surely will get marked down for what is at best incompetency.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Jestrix » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:41 pm

I think he was very lenient and by the time he started giving free kicks it was too late and he had already set a precedence. How Shotten wasn't booked at all is beyond me, Cardiff were guilty of tugs and holding too but I suppose seeing as he was allowing it then the players just thought sod it and joined in, not as much as Borough but enough to of made a mockery of the rule and his application or lack of the laws
Jestrix

Return to General Chat