Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If it is to be the play offs....

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:41 pm

What days are the championship play off semi finals played on?? I've got a bloody wedding on 12th May. Anyone know ?? :bluebird:

Re: If it is to be the play offs....

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Won’t need to cancel the wedding mate, we going straight up :D

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Bananas wrote:What days are the championship play off semi finals played on?? I've got a bloody wedding on 12th May. Anyone know ?? :bluebird:

No confirmed dates for the semi-finals yet but expected to be on the weekend of 12th/13th May (for television) with the Final at New White Hart Lane on Saturday 26th May

Usually, it would be the Monday but this year has been altered to allow for international call-ups prior to the World Cup the following month

I'm away those dates (12th/13th) myself, so I'm hoping automatic will be secured by then :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:20 pm

12/13 likely to be the first leg (which will be away if we finish top 2 in the playoffs) with the home match the following Tuesday /Wednesday

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:29 pm

paulh_85 wrote:12/13 likely to be the first leg (which will be away if we finish top 2 in the playoffs) with the home match the following Tuesday /Wednesday

I think there's an echo on here...an echo, I say...I say! :roll: :lol:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:12/13 likely to be the first leg (which will be away if we finish top 2 in the playoffs) with the home match the following Tuesday /Wednesday

You didn’t say anything about second leg lol

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:49 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

If (and I admit a big if) we manage to beat the Wurzels next Sunday then my opinion is automatic is ours to lose. Leeds letting me down badly at the moment :x

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Hang on a minute, I take it back what I said about Leeds. Wow, utterly fantastic support, fair play.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Wow again, good ole Leeds :thumbup:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:44 pm

City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

If (and I admit a big if) we manage to beat the Wurzels next Sunday then my opinion is automatic is ours to lose. Leeds letting me down badly at the moment :x

We are doing fantastic but top two is still going to be extremely hard. Everyone still has to play everyone mind , and even though going away to villa in April is going to be hard, at least we can be in (some) control of our own destiny instead of hoping other teams do it for us.

I think 90 points overall might just do it, especially if we can hold villa to at least a draw. 29 points from 14 games is tough. But will be interesting :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 am

If we can draw or win against the clubs around us but continue doing well against all other clubs well come 2nd. It'll be very tough though as there is just one place instead of 1st and 2nd!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:If we can draw or win against the clubs around us but continue doing well against all other clubs well come 2nd. It'll be very tough though as there is just one place instead of 1st and 2nd!

Well done :laughing5: