Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ridiculous Fans

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:01 pm

The atmosphere was great yesterday and the supporters, particularly the Canton, got right behind the team. With 10 minutes left and Boro pressing, the home support spurred the players on and we gained a valuable win. Well done everybody. How then could 'supporters' feel the need to leave. It seems that in each game with 10 minutes left people leave as if a magnet has drawn them away, and with increasing minutes more and more leave. But this is the exciting time of the game when so much can happen. I just don't get it. The support we gave the team yesterday showed how important it was. Why pay all that money and then leave before the end?
Would you leave before the end of a film?
A theatre performance?
Stopping running before the end if a race to the tape?
Read a 400 page thriller and then toss it away with 10 pages left?
Etc.
Ridiculous. Stay behind to the end. Support the boys and make some Noisssssse

Re: Ridiculous Fans

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Brezza wrote:The atmosphere was great yesterday and the supporters, particularly the Canton, got right behind the team. With 10 minutes left and Boro pressing, the home support spurred the players on and we gained a valuable win. Well done everybody. How then could 'supporters' feel the need to leave. It seems that in each game with 10 minutes left people leave as if a magnet has drawn them away, and with increasing minutes more and more leave. But this is the exciting time of the game when so much can happen. I just don't get it. The support we gave the team yesterday showed how important it was. Why pay all that money and then leave before the end?
A theatre performance?
Etc.

How about

You do the things you want to do and let others do their things

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Brezza wrote:The atmosphere was great yesterday and the supporters, particularly the Canton, got right behind the team. With 10 minutes left and Boro pressing, the home support spurred the players on and we gained a valuable win. Well done everybody. How then could 'supporters' feel the need to leave. It seems that in each game with 10 minutes left people leave as if a magnet has drawn them away, and with increasing minutes more and more leave. But this is the exciting time of the game when so much can happen. I just don't get it. The support we gave the team yesterday showed how important it was. Why pay all that money and then leave before the end?
A theatre performance?
Etc.

Maybe they ate just going under the stand grab a drink watch on the TV before leaving? Happens on level 4 :o

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:09 pm

A theatre performance?
Etc.

I always stay until the end mate, but i only live 5 mins away. I think you need to take into account people who have further to travel with train times and queues if you are parked in the ground or Asda. :thumbup:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Home fans I can understand work other commitments etc. What I don't get is when you see away fans leaving early or going five minutes before half time to get a pint.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
A theatre performance?
Etc.

How about

If people aren’t allowed to voice their opinions without being slapped down.. why even have a forum?

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
A theatre performance?
Etc.

How about

If people aren’t allowed to voice their opinions without being slapped down.. why even have a forum?

The majority of his posts are usually to disagree with the previous poster. His response was only to be expected.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:52 pm

People like Paul 85 just try to be clever but come over as complete toerags. This a forum and it's for people to discuss things about their view concerning in the main Cardiff City, the point about fans leaving is valid , some replied trying to explain it but you always get one who tries to make a fool of the poster maybe there should be a thread on why people think putting people down is funny?

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:58 pm

Sloper Road wrote:People like Paul 85 just try to be clever but come over as complete toerags. This a forum and it's for people to discuss things about their view concerning in the main Cardiff City, the point about fans leaving is valid , some replied trying to explain it but you always get one who tries to make a fool of the poster maybe there should be a thread on why people think putting people down is funny?

I guess he thinks it's clever to try and make other people feel their views are inferior to his. He usually comes across as a right prick.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:00 pm

I don’t have a view on it :D

I think calling other people ridiculous for leaving 5 minutes early is a little narrow minded mind.

No need to resort to childish name calling steve, I thought you had more about you than that

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Sloper Road wrote:People like Paul 85 just try to be clever but come over as complete toerags. This a forum and it's for people to discuss things about their view concerning in the main Cardiff City, the point about fans leaving is valid , some replied trying to explain it but you always get one who tries to make a fool of the poster maybe there should be a thread on why people think putting people down is funny?

I’m not putting people down by calling them ridicoulous for leaving 5 minutes early

My suggestion was to let people do what they want to do :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 pm

A ex-mate of mine used to regularly leave on about 88 mins so he could be sure of catching the first bus back to the station.

Mind you he was such a pain in the arse, I was glad to see him go.

I've also known him leave at half time if his beloved Spurs were playing in the live evening game on Sky. Total weirdo lol

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:21 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:A ex-mate of mine used to regularly leave on about 88 mins so he could be sure of catching the first bus back to the station.

Mind you he was such a pain in the arse, I was glad to see him go.

I've also known him leave at half time if his beloved Spurs were playing in the live evening game on Sky. Total weirdo lol

Got a guy behind me who leaves at half time . Use to think it was odd but perhaps he went to sit elsewhere :lol:

Never asked him and now he’s not there anymore. Still bugs me

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:31 pm

paulh_85 wrote:I don’t have a view on it :D

I think calling other people ridiculous for leaving 5 minutes early is a little narrow minded mind.

No need to resort to childish name calling steve, I thought you had more about you than that

(Quote (paul_h): "I don't have a view on it"

Ha ha! Something of fact from paul_h at last! ;) :laughing6:

To be fair, Paul, you have little constructive view on most things on this Forum of late. You are, as someone else alluded, 'a thread spoiler' out to pick on anything/everything but contribute nothing! :oops:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Sven wrote:

To be fair, Paul, you have little constructive view on most things on this Forum of late. You are, as someone else alluded, 'a thread spoiler' out to pick on anything/everything but contribute nothing! :oops:

I gave my view several times now :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sadly, as in several other threads today, you didn't to any real value or contribution and simply mocked people trying to make a valid point when you really didn't need to ;)

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
A theatre performance?
Etc.

How about

The majority of his posts are usually to disagree with the previous poster. His response was only to be expected.

Steve, you're spot on! :clap:

A quick trawl through today's threads and posts shows that clearly! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sadly, as in several other threads today, you didn't to any real value or contribution and simply mocked people trying to make a valid point when you really didn't need to ;)

Wasn’t any mocking Sven.

But I’ll elaborate in a better manner and apologise to the OP because it’s been a long day. I might even use some bold/italics :D

Ok so I guess there’s loads of reasons why people might leave earlier but public transport / beating the traffic is the main one. Although not something I like to do personally everyone’s circumstances are different, some people out of choice and some out of necessity have to leave a little early, I’d like to think we can all understand that people’s personal needs, circumstances and general thought processes are different but we are all ultimately fans of the same team weather you stay till the end or leave after 80 minutes

One thing I would label as ridiculous as the OP does however, is when people decide they want to leave but then stand in the way if we are attacking / have a corner. If you want or have to leave then go, and let the people who stay watch the match.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:03 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Wasn’t any mocking Sven.

But I’ll elaborate in a better manner and apologise to the OP because it’s been a long day. I might even use some bold/italics :D

Ok so I guess there’s loads of reasons why people might leave earlier but public transport / beating the traffic is the main one. Although not something I like to do personally everyone’s circumstances are different, some people out of choice and some out of necessity have to leave a little early, I’d like to think we can all understand that people’s personal needs, circumstances and general thought processes are different but we are all ultimately fans of the same team weather you stay till the end or leave after 80 minutes

One thing I would label as ridiculous as the OP does however, is when people decide they want to leave but then stand in the way if we are attacking / have a corner. If you want or have to leave then go, and let the people who stay watch the match.

Backing off a little now, eh? :clap:

Problem is that you've been mocking/slating people with little rhyme or reason for some time (not just today) across a number of threads and it's been noticed by lots of members :(

Basically, you've been sussed, fella! ;) :thumbright:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:34 am

A theatre performance?
Etc.

I left 5 minutes early against Bolton but stayed to the end against Boro and at future games i'll leave when i decide if others don't like it tough titty :lol:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:59 am

I don't care if people want to leave early, it's up to them but personally i don't get it, especially when a game is so tense.

However my annoyance is when they are queueing up the stairs to get out and blocking my view which used to happen all the time when I sat further back in the Ninian stand.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:58 am

I would not cause anyone ridiculous for leaving early but those who do then stand blocking your view usually during an attack I have no time for.

I never leave before the whistle goes which is quite an achievement as it can be very painful sometimes.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 am

Back in the late 70's I was with a mate who decided to leave about 5 minutes early so he could beat the crowd. He was meeting his new girlfriend in Newport.

At the time we were getting beaten 2-0 by Wolves and showed no sign of getting back into the game.

But out of nowhere we hit the bar/post a couple of times and scored 2 goals to level the game in the last few minutes.

My mate was so convinced we were a beaten team, he only checked the final score the following day and was both delighted and gutted at the same time.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 am

Leaving 5 mins early not really going to get you anywhere quicker. I watched the whole game on sat and extra time and was home 5.55 in the Caerphilly area. I parked in asda!!!!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:12 am

Says the boy with the spinning smiley :lol:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Wasn’t any mocking Sven.

I'm with Paul, Let people do what they want...

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 am

A theatre performance?
Etc.

I used to have the same opinion - why would someone leave before the end and potentially miss the best part of the match? That was until we started parking in the stadium....most matches we stay until the end but some we just can't be bothered with the whole carpark hassle. It's basically the difference of us getting home at 17.05pm approx if we leave on 85 mins or if we hang on another few minutes until the end we would get home at 18pm! It's a big difference ESP when your under pressure to get home as the dogs been left on her own all afternoon. Also I'm always worried about getting my car bumped as everyone is so tight and bumper to bumper - and when we lose....watch out there are some crazy drivers lol! Just my opinion though - if the carpark wasn't an issue I'd stay until the end every time. I guess it's a safety thing as people are walking across the carpark but I can't see why we can be let out 5 mins after final whistle. After all everyone else seems to from other car parks and places.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:07 am

Up to people to choose, personally, whilst living way up the valleys wouldn’t leave until the whistle regardless of the score

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:36 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Wasn’t any mocking Sven.

That's not the point anyone's making. I do agree with Paul.. But trying to make a fool of someone for elaborating their opinion is pretty shit, and also annoying to read.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:43 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Wasn’t any mocking Sven.

That's not the point anyone's making. I do agree with Paul.. But trying to make a fool of someone for elaborating their opinion is pretty shit, and also annoying to read.

slight over exaggeration to me saying the OP should do what he wants and let others do what they want, but im not overly surprised.

i gave a more detailed response further down and ill make sure that next time someones opinion is that people who attend games are "ridiculous" ill try to leave any sarcasm out of my response.

We all have a view on whats annoying to read thats fine, for me its the constant bashing of our own fans, and the comparisons - as if there is a fan hierarchy with some on here, and as long as that's the case ill continue to argue my point against it, but duly noted, ill try to keep my sardonic comments to a minimum :ayatollah: