UPWARDS AND ONWARDS (positive,positive, positive)

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Whistler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:30 am

As weekends go it was a fab one for us, on only dropping into 2nd place with a couple points behind us and third place but the gap between City and 7th place is now a massive 11 points, and with just 14 games left and a platform of good form we are looking good for a minimum top 6 finish.

Saturday's result was, I feel one of the most important of the season, we powered our way past one of the best teams in this division. In our current form there should be another 6 points added to our total by 2pm on Sunday. By that time we could be the north side of 7th place by 13-14 points with just 12 games left.

I do believe that our focus can well and truely be on zeroing in on 2nd place. Looking at who is left for us to play after Bristol I think 86 points are well within our grasp, that is a total which will get us knocking on the second place door.

WE NEED TO START GETTING OUR HEADS AROUND THE FACT: THE BLUES ARE GOING UP :occasion5:
Whistler

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPWARDS AND ONWARDS (positive,positive, positive)

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:11 pm

Good post also if we are in the playoffs it's a lottery but I can't think of anybody else than NW leading us :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby thomasblue » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 pm

I think its second place or bust for city. We are more than capable of doing that.

I think we would struggle against the better passing teams on a big pitch like wembley.

I would bet fulham when it comes down to the playoffs no matter who they were to play.
thomasblue

Postby Bananas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Top post!! I'm on Warnocks promotion party bus and we're on route to auto promotion :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :occasion5:
Bananas

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 pm

At th beginning of the season, I (like most) would have bitten the proverbial hand off to guarantee a place in the play-offs but the season under the evergreen Neil Warnock has changed the whole perspective after a fine start and our current ;oft 2nd place in the Championship table

I think most would be somewhat disappointed with 2nd place now (I know I would) and that might just make us a little flat, if we were to drop down to be part of the lottery

Crazy really but a bit of a reality and just goes to show what an incredible job Neil Warnock has done :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Sven wrote:At th beginning of the season, I (like most) would have bitten the proverbial hand off to guarantee a place in the play-offs but the season under the evergreen Neil Warnock has changed the whole perspective after a fine start and our current ;oft 2nd place in the Championship table

I think most would be somewhat disappointed with 2nd place now (I know I would) and that might just make us a little flat, if we were to drop down to be part of the lottery

Crazy really but a bit of a reality and just goes to show what an incredible job Neil Warnock has done :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Disappointed with 2nd place?
maccydee

Postby Bananas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:58 pm

Sven wrote:At th beginning of the season, I (like most) would have bitten the proverbial hand off to guarantee a place in the play-offs but the season under the evergreen Neil Warnock has changed the whole perspective after a fine start and our current ;oft 2nd place in the Championship table

Has this mod been drinking :laughing6:
Bananas

Return to General Chat