Family that support rival teams

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby lord raglan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 am

Just wondering , how many On here have got relatives or married into families of rival football teams ...I bet there’s a lot who live west of the Diff ,.
What’s it like my father used to follow Newport when he was younger , before the nasty 1980/90 s rivalry started so he doesn’t feel bitter towards Cardiff . Only reason he disliked the city was when he had to go to the police stations to bail me out oops.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

In warnock we trust .
lord raglan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Family that support rival teams

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 am

lord raglan wrote:Just wondering , how many On here have got relatives or married into families of rival football teams ...I bet there’s a lot who live west of the Diff ,.
What’s it like my father used to follow Newport when he was younger , before the nasty 1980/90 s rivalry started so he doesn’t feel bitter towards Cardiff . Only reason he disliked the city was when he had to go to the police stations to bail me out oops.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

In warnock we trust .

My wife doesn’t support the Jacks but whenever we aren’t speaking or have just had an argument she always talk them up saying they’re sure to stay up now etc. I should be able to avoid biting but I never can :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:35 pm

My better other half is a Kounty supporter and my dad is a Derby fan even though he has never been to Derby in his life, started supporting them in the 60s.
1980s Bluebird

Postby glas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:55 pm

If anyone in your family is a Scumsea fan, then they are not real family.
glas

Postby cardiff 74 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:04 pm

I come from to big family's on my dad and mother side I've quiet a few first cousins and know they got children and grandchildren of there own some of them follow swansea and and a lot of us follow cardiff I tell them all the time they sold there souls there's a lot of family's down here in port talbot that are split its like liverpool and everton
cardiff 74

Postby rhondda 1015 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:19 pm

I'm from the Rhondda, so it's not really a problem. My grandad supported us, my father did, I do and my adult sons and daughter do. If they ever have kids, they'll support us as well, my 2 brother in laws support us and their kids do.
Up The City-Rhondda 1015.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby eddiep » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:I'm from the Rhondda, so it's not really a problem. My grandad supported us, my father did, I do and my adult sons and daughter do. If they ever have kids, they'll support us as well, my 2 brother in laws support us and their kids do.
Up The City-Rhondda 1015.

:notworthy: :occasion5:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:11 pm

My other half was a swans fan but been converted and now a ST holder at city! :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat