QUIRKIEST CITY FACT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QUIRKIEST CITY FACT

Postby MoodyBluebird » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Many fans will have a view on this and there are quite a few to choose from.

Three that spring to mind are:

3 consecutive FA Cup third round pairings away to Leeds in 1956,57 and 58, all ending 2-1 to City.

Finishing runners up to Huddersfield in the 1924-25 First Division on the same points and goal difference. Using today's formula, we would have clinched the title on most goals scored.

My personal favourite....finishing bottom of the 1st Division in the 1928-29 season, having conceded the fewest goals in the division. The team directly above us (Bury) conceded 40 more !
MoodyBluebird

QUIRKIEST CITY FACT

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: QUIRKIEST CITY FACT

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:24 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:Many fans will have a view on this and there are quite a few to choose from.

Three that spring to mind are:

3 consecutive FA Cup third round pairings away to Leeds in 1956,57 and 58, all ending 2-1 to City.

Finishing runners up to Huddersfield in the 1924-25 First Division on the same points and goal difference. Using today's formula, we would have clinched the title on most goals scored.

My personal favourite....finishing bottom of the 1st Division in the 1928-29 season, having conceded the fewest goals in the division. The team directly above us (Bury) conceded 40 more !

never heard that last one before :lol:

i think for sheer "what are the odds on that happening" it would have to be the leeds one, drawing the same team three years in a row in the third round is unheard of, the fact the score was the same all three times just tops it
paulh_85

Return to General Chat