Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Frankie Burrows

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:31 pm

:bluebird:

The Good old days watching Cardiff Away with Mikey Dye(RIP) & Mallo Cardiff plus of course our old manager Frankie Burrows :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Frankie Burrows

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 pm

One of City's truly great managers and fantastic days under his leadership! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :notworthy:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Sven wrote:One of City's truly great managers and fantastic days under his leadership! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :notworthy:

Without a doubt Chris and a straight talking, No nonsense manager :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 pm

That looks like a cardboard cut out of Frankie!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Frankie gave me one of my most memorable seasons when we won promotion with Kevin Nugent and John Williams up front banging the goals in. Frankie brought in Mark Delaney on a free from Carmarthen and what a find he was!

I remember John Williams putting an aimless cross into the box straight to their keeper and Frankie took his hat off and threw it to the ground in disgust. He was so entertaining when he got wound up. :laughing6:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:18 pm

davids wrote:That looks like a cardboard cut out of Frankie!

:lol:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Frankie gave me one of my most memorable seasons when we won promotion with Kevin Nugent and John Williams up front banging the goals in. Frankie brought in Mark Delaney on a free from Carmarthen and what a find he was!

I remember John Williams putting an aimless cross into the box straight to their keeper and Frankie took his hat off and threw it to the ground in disgust. He was so entertaining when he got wound up. :laughing6:

Bloody loved Mark Delaney.

What a right back.

How much did we get for him in the end?

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Frankie gave me one of my most memorable seasons when we won promotion with Kevin Nugent and John Williams up front banging the goals in. Frankie brought in Mark Delaney on a free from Carmarthen and what a find he was!

Agreed, a brilliant season with so many great memories :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluebird:

The Good old days watching Cardiff Away with Mikey Dye(RIP) & Mallo Cardiff plus of course our old manager Frankie Burrows :bluebird: :bluebird:

Think you will find that’s Torquay away annis and it’s not frank but basil fawlty who sometimes stood in for frankie burrows as his stunt double :thumbup:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:02 pm

It's Basil Fawlty ;) ..................... Great manager Frankie and great times following City during those years. He along with Len Ashurst, Eddie May, Malky and now of course the legend that is Neil Warnock have been the best times for me as a CCFC fan :occasion5: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 pm

maccydee wrote:

Bloody loved Mark Delaney.

What a right back.

How much did we get for him in the end?

Paultry 500k. Not as bad as just 300k for blakey