TRULY AMAZING - Ridiculous Fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Brezza » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:16 am

I recently posted on here my thoughts on people leaving before the end of the game. I did so because firstly I cannot comprehend why people do so. However, it was my intention to highlight the worth / need of the city fans to support the team at the end of the match so that we are the 12th man and we can help them cross the line - as seen in the Boro match. Well done to everyone - especially the Canton. Unfortunately there are always a few plonkers who try to be smarmy and clever rather than enter sensible debate. Never mind. I also agree with and respect people's divine right of individual choice. However, there are few reasons given on why people leave before the end of the match as if they are drawn by a magnet. MY personal opinion is that it does not make sense. I gave a few examples of how ridiculous it is I.e would people leave before the end of a theatre performance or cinema film - no. Would they read 9/10 of a book and then cast it aside before finding out the end - no. I'm sure there are plenty of examples. Some of the 'fans' reasons are: I've got to get a bus - so catch a slightly later one. I get stuck in the car park - park in a more convenient place. I've got to walk the dogs - do so before and/ or ask someone else to help. It seems the reasons become ridiculous. And as for going to the bar so they can have a pint andwatch it on telly - What !!! Really. Finally - I am left with an image of people getting in their car in the stadium and driving away when the games still continues when the game might be on a knife edge - and one which they have paid to see. No doubt their radio will be tuned in to a match they could happily see for themselves - just ridicolous!
Brezza

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: TRULY AMAZING - Ridiculous Fans

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:45 am

There is a thread further down on this you could have poster it in :roll:
2blue2handle

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:52 am

2blue2handle wrote:There is a thread further down on this you could have poster it in :roll:

now now... youll be accused of sniping with posts like this luke!

i do like how he puts the word fans in quotes though, creating this illusion that because he stays till he can see all the seats that makes him better than those who go 5 minutes early.

the comparison to reading a book or going to the cinema isnt a very clever one either. but im not allowed to disagree with people apparently so this post never happened :mrgreen:
paulh_85

Postby BlueVanman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 am

Brezza wrote:I recently posted on here my thoughts on people leaving before the end of the game. I did so because firstly I cannot comprehend why people do so. However, it was my intention to highlight the worth / need of the city fans to support the team at the end of the match so that we are the 12th man and we can help them cross the line - as seen in the Boro match. Well done to everyone - especially the Canton. Unfortunately there are always a few plonkers who try to be smarmy and clever rather than enter sensible debate. Never mind. I also agree with and respect people's divine right of individual choice. However, there are few reasons given on why people leave before the end of the match as if they are drawn by a magnet. MY personal opinion is that it does not make sense. I gave a few examples of how ridiculous it is I.e would people leave before the end of a theatre performance or cinema film - no. Would they read 9/10 of a book and then cast it aside before finding out the end - no. I'm sure there are plenty of examples. Some of the 'fans' reasons are: I've got to get a bus - so catch a slightly later one. I get stuck in the car park - park in a more convenient place. I've got to walk the dogs - do so before and/ or ask someone else to help. It seems the reasons become ridiculous. And as for going to the bar so they can have a pint andwatch it on telly - What !!! Really. Finally - I am left with an image of people getting in their car in the stadium and driving away when the games still continues when the game might be on a knife edge - and one which they have paid to see. No doubt their radio will be tuned in to a match they could happily see for themselves - just ridicolous!

And I wonder how many last minute goals you have missed while watching the stadium empty before the full time whistle.

You really need to stop obsessing mate and enjoy the game :thumbright: Believe me, not one of the early leavers are losing any sleep over what you think fella, so stop letting it bother you.

Really no need for the second thread :oops:
BlueVanman

Return to General Chat