Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:35 am

" NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS " :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tuesday 20th Tuesday February 2018

Thoughts on the signings

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I signed Gary Madine and Vincent let me. We paid £2 million more and Vincent let me to keep others out but you have to do that now."
"We had to sign him because we couldn’t let Kenneth Zohore go it alone, getting battered."

NEIL WARNOCK:

Madine in contention for Sunday

"Gary Madine could be alright for Sunday but not for tomorrow. Bryson played under-23s and he hasn’t had any reaction. We had a few niggles and I’ll have to have a look, I don’t know yet."

What's really the target now?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"One or two newspapers took me a little bit literally when I said ‘I’m looking at Wolves’."

"I don’t think we’ll catch them. Not unless they lose four or five on the trot."

"I don’t think Villa or Derby will slip up that much and Fulham are doing well. In terms of wage bills we’re talking about Villa, Derby, Fulham, Wolves and Boro - anybody else in there is punching above their weight."

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We said right from the start ‘if we can get 16 clean sheets, we have a great chance of being in the play-offs’ and we have 14 so far with 14 games to go."

NEIL WARNOCK:

The run-in

"Yeah they are doing ever so well, I can’t fault them. We’ve deserved the results and probably a few more. Overall, I’m delighted but we also know what the league is like. We look at seventh place and two or three more clean sheets will confirm that."

Mick's 'colourful language'

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s just passion. You don’t carry on if you don’t have a bit of passion, you’d be sat at home. We’re at the situation where we care and you score a late goal against your rivals, it’s a fabulous feeling and you get carried away at times but that’s what we’re in the game for, you guys wait for us to do something silly like that!"

Is this the best defence you've managed

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Its the best defence at the moment but I’m 69 and I can’t remember half of them. Even right at the start, my first success at Scarborough, we had a real solid situation there and I signed Kevin Blackwell within a couple of months and that got us promotion."

:bluebird: :thumbright: " ALL NEIL WARNOCKS UPDATES ARE ALL BE BELOW " :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:36 am

:bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

Physicality

"Too many people use the word physical. I thought we played a lot of good football against Middlesbrough. Other teams play long ball but if we do it then it’s a different ball game."

"But you just have to bite your tongue and I’ve said that to the lads, we’ve got to keep it in house. I like the tempo and I always have."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:36 am

:bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

The run-in

"Yeah they are doing ever so well, I can’t fault them. We’ve deserved the results and probably a few more. Overall, I’m delighted but we also know what the league is like. We look at seventh place and two or three more clean sheets will confirm that."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:52 am

What's really the target now?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"One or two newspapers took me a little bit literally when I said ‘I’m looking at Wolves’."

"I don’t think we’ll catch them. Not unless they lose four or five on the trot."

"I don’t think Villa or Derby will slip up that much and Fulham are doing well. In terms of wage bills we’re talking about Villa, Derby, Fulham, Wolves and Boro - anybody else in there is punching above their weight."

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 am

Are you the favourites on v Ipswich?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"You won’t find anyone putting money on us. We’re still underdogs. 14 games to go, four or five points away are Fulham and they have a good chance."
"No one is getting carried away, even the fans, we just have to enjoy it."

"We have turned the season around again,the squad is in a better position now and hopefully in the next few weeks we will get people like Bryson, Gunnarsson and Connolly back for the run-in."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Madine in contention for Sunday

"Gary Madine could be alright for Sunday but not for tomorrow. Bryson played under-23s and he hasn’t had any reaction. We had a few niggles and I’ll have to have a look, I don’t know yet."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 am

Form compared to start of season

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We were a bit more flamboyant then, we had people like Nathaniel Mendez-Laing who was new to the division - like a breath of fresh air- the defence was as strong as you could ask and all of a sudden, we lost key players like Gunnarsson, and we lost Morrison for a month and never won a game."

"You just have to strengthen your squad like we did in January so that when you have injuries you feel you can cope."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Thoughts on McCarthy?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s done well. If you’re not the big five or six with the wage bills they have, it’s a very difficult league."

"He’s got them with an outside chance of the play-offs and because I know what it takes, I know how difficult it is."

"You have to be careful what you wish for and you won’t get much better than Mick."

"If I worried about what people said, crikey, I wouldn’t sleep at night. I think we’re providing entertainment at the minute, home and away.'

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:09 pm

What are you expecting from Ipswich?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’m sure Ipswich will have something to say and usually at Ipswich something will happen, whether it’s Sol Bamba assaulting me or something else, something will happen. The fans always give me a rousing reception."

"Could have managed them a few years ago, thought I was going to manage it but they went with a young manager!"

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:11 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

On Pep's complaints

“I thought it was just talking for the sake of talking, blowing hot air out of your mouth. Has he never seen Delph tackle like that? There were one or two things in our game.”

On Delph challenge

“Different headlines, certain tabloids slaughtered us and yet, for me, I thought Delph’s tackle was 10 times worse than Bennett’s but nothing much said about it.
“Certain things happened at our ground, if it was the other way round I might have got in trouble for it. You just have to accept the big clubs rule the roost with a lot of things.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Media reaction to Pep's comments

NEIL WARNOCK:

“That annoyed me. I don’t see much about yesterday. They just decide they’re going to have a dig at me, say I’m a dinosaur. I think my teams are very exciting and lovely to watch. Tackling is part of the game.
“It upset me a little bit because it took away from it. If it hadn’t been for a fabulous, quick-thinking [Kevin] De Bruyne free-kick I couldn’t see them scoring against us. I thought we did all right.”

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Mick's 'colourful language'

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s just passion. You don’t carry on if you don’t have a bit of passion, you’d be sat at home. We’re at the situation where we care and you score a late goal against your rivals, it’s a fabulous feeling and you get carried away at times but that’s what we’re in the game for, you guys wait for us to do something silly like that!"

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:19 pm

On Sean Morrison

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We said right from the start ‘if we can get 16 clean sheets, we have a great chance of being in the play-offs’ and we have 14 so far with 14 games to go."

"Sean has been a big part of that. You can see how they are together and obviously it’s nice to score a goal but the lads at the love it. To get two in the week, it’s unusual really, but they were both well deserved."

"He (Morrison) doesn’t get carried away, they (Ipswich) have Garne, Waghorn and good forward-thinking players so it will be a good test for the back lads at Ipswich."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:20 pm

On Sean Morrison proving his critics wrong

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Fortunately for Sean, I wasn’t one of them and I don’t think he’s worried about anything else. You’re bound to read papers early doors but if your manager believes in you, it’s a big plus really."

I thought he would go to Sheffield Wednesday, especially when they upped the price to £5 million or something like that.

I said to him, you’ll get a lot more money than here and a longer contract, I said I don’t want you to go but I can’t stop you going.

He come to me and just said, ‘I think we have something special here gaffer, I’d like to stay if it’s alright with you’. I said, ‘it’s alright with me son, yeah.’.

That was at the start of the season and I think a lot of players would have gone, if I’m honest, chased the money.

I didn’t recommend Sheffield Wednesday to him, being a United-ite, but I didn’t stand in his way and I thought that was a crucial time.

"When he said “I’m captain and I think we have something special coming on here”, I thought that was special and that’s why I’ve supported him because not just on the field of play, there’s a lot that goes off the field as well and Sean is right on top of that. There’s a good group off the field and that always helps."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Is this the best defence you've managed

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Its the best defence at the moment but I’m 69 and I can’t remember half of them. Even right at the start, my first success at Scarborough, we had a real solid situation there and I signed Kevin Blackwell within a couple of months and that got us promotion."

"I went to Notts County and we had Craig Short and Dean Yates, people like that - you don’t get promotion without a good defence - impossible."

"Is it good enough? I’ll tell you in 14 games because they will have to play out of their skin to keep us up where we want to be."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Neil Warnock on discussions with defenders and others

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s good because although I have the final say, they will come up with things that I’ve not thought about and they will try to talk me out of things if they don’t think I’m right and vice versa, then I’ll have the final say but it’s good.

You don’t want ‘yes men’ just going along with what you say and it’s good, they give it a lot of thought and we’re very lucky here. We have probably the best IT lads I’ve ever know. Or whether it’s because the machines and computers have improved that much in the last few years.

They’re incredible and they give us all the information we need - it makes it easier for managers - but the dressing room staff are just as important. It’s just as important to have good physios, masseurs, fitness guys."

"You’ve all got to blend in because it’s a long season and you imagine 10 months with people that you might not like and you’ve got to get on with them. It’s a long time and especially in the Championship when you’re playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday, it’s a long stretch and it does help. On and off the field we have a good group at the minute and that does help."

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Jazz Richards injury update

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s still really sore. It’s bone bruising. We’ve had different scans and there’s nothing showing up like a fracture or anything but he is still in pain and we’ve been told it’s just time."

"I think he did it in a game but he didn’t feel it until after the game. We thought he had done the same thing again so we scanned him and nothing showed up, so it’s just severe bruising."

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " UPDATED CARDIFF CITY FANS "

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Kadeem Harris latest

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Kadeem is...we’ll take everyone who is fit. We have a few niggles so we might leave them until we train in the morning to see how they react and we will make a decision."

"I won’t play anyone tomorrow if it puts them in doubt for Sunday. If they need a few more days, let’s leave them have a few more days and I’ll use the squad. We have a squad now with people busting to get in the squad and that’s pleasing for me."