Crowd Trouble & Player Punched
Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCWHX8GdXJ8

Video
Tunnel Trouble
Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0j1TxfGm8

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I thought it was a disgrace, an absolute disgrace, they just didn’t anticipated that they could win win the game. You can’t stop pitch invasions if you don’t have enough stewards and with the costing coming out of the gate, there’s no reason not to have enough stewards. When it come to me, it was a frightening experience."

"I was at Bristol City - my old foes - we were in the play-off semi-finals with Crystal Palace and we got beat in extra time. The old changing room was behind the goal at Bristol and I had two small stewards with me and there were thousands of them coming on the pitch."

"They were spitting at me, punching me, flashng elbows at me and calling me all names I couldn’t repeat and it was the most difficult five minutes to get off the pitch I’ve ever had. You don’t know until your situation and I can understand where Aguero is coming from because you fear for your life and then you lash out. I felt for stewards, I think I was protecting them."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: On crowd trouble at Wigan v Man City Last Night

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:16 pm

On Wigan pitch invasion

NEIL WARNOCK:

"There are different types of celebrations, you know, the Bristol City when they came on after Manchester United game, there were kids and it was a great night. I can tell if there are certain incidents that can happen if they go and win that game."

"Play-offs in particular, you’ve got to have more stewards, the FA have got to protect the losing managers in semi-finals because they are going to come on to the pitch no matter what."

"These fans, it’s not going to be long before they come on carrying a weapon or something and it’s frightening when you think of what is happening in society nowadays. It’s not a lot to think that one of those guys running on could have something so don’t tell me that Aguero is at fault for that, I said good luck to him, me."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Manchester City fans hit police officer with advertising hoarding after FA Cup loss to Wigan

Tuesday 20th February 2018

Man City fans hit police officer with advertising hoarding after FA Cup loss to Wigan

A police officer was hit by an advertising hoarding thrown by a Manchester City supporter after their surprise defeat to Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup on Monday evening.

City’s hopes of winning the quadruple this season have ended after Will Grigg capitalised on a mistake from Kyle Walker to score a late winner for the League One club.

After the final whistle, Wigan fans invaded the pitch to congratulate their players, although one supporter was involved in a heated confrontation with Sergio Aguero.

Subsequent television replays have shown Aguero striking the fan with his right hand and the Argentine striker needed to be restrained by a member of City’s coaching staff as he was led away.

Meanwhile, unrest among City’s supporters grew as Wigan fans poured onto the pitch and a heavy police presence was required to contain the situation.

Wigan fans who ran onto the pitch made their way towards the City supporters in the stands and began to taunt them.

Bottles were thrown by some City fans towards the police officers on duty, while one was struck by an advertising board which was ripped out of the stand.

‘Probably, we will get in trouble. It’s not really right what has gone on but it’s the emotions of football,’ Wigan chairman David Sharpe told BBC Radio 5Live when asked about the unrest from City’s fans.

‘I can’t blame the football fans but I don’t like taunting the opposition after a win.

‘There will be plenty of occasions where they can taunt us and we wouldn’t like it so it’s not nice but I can understand why.’

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 pm

Sergio Aguero was punched and spat at during violent scenes in a mass pitch invasion after Manchester City's shock FA Cup defeat at Wigan on Monday night.

One fan attempted to punch the Manchester City striker at full-time and Aguero brushed him away before Wigan defender Cheyenne Dunkley, City coach Mikel Arteta and physiotherapist Steven Lilley rushed to the Argentine's aid. Aguero followed the fan and Lilley pulled the forward away before he could retaliate. The City striker also appeared to be spat at.

Sportsmail understands City will seek answers from Wigan about how an invasion was allowed to happen, putting their players in danger. The Football Association, meanwhile, is investigating four separate incidents from the match, including Aguero's confrontation with the supporter.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:46 pm

fiar play to aguero giving that prick a slap. shame he couldnt get another few hits in

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:52 pm

No place in today's game and anyone found that went after man c players should get long ban, on side note people who want away fans next to ours should think at the possible reaction of both sets fans if there is last minute goal and players went to their supporters right next to opponents ones??

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Video
Tunnel Trouble
Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0j1TxfGm8

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Crowd Trouble & Player Punched
Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCWHX8GdXJ8

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm

No fans should ever run on the pitch no matter what you have archived you spoil the celabrations for you're team theycan't celabrate the way want by acknowledging the fans and there family's in the stand also it's there place of work I've seen us do in at our place and it spoils the occassion

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:No fans should ever run on the pitch no matter what you have archived you spoil the celabrations for you're team theycan't celabrate the way want by acknowledging the fans and there family's in the stand also it's there place of work I've seen us do in at our place and it spoils the occassion

Bore off zzzzzzzzzzz

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Fan was boisterous (his team had just beaten the best club team in the world) but Aguero was the one lashing out

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm

eddiep wrote:Fan was boisterous (his team had just beaten the best club team in the world) but Aguero was the one lashing out

deservedly so too :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
eddiep wrote:Fan was boisterous (his team had just beaten the best club team in the world) but Aguero was the one lashing out

I didn't actually see it lads. Aguero smacked the guy did he?

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:07 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

was more of a back hand shove/clip than a proper punch, i have no doubt he would have if he could though

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:13 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

was more of a back hand shove/clip than a proper punch, i have no doubt he would have if he could though

What a girl :laughing6:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:20 pm

And he is an Argie....no sympathy ;)

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24 pm

I feel sorry for the police officers having to put up with all the agro, I bet the ones who got hit with the light weight advertising hoardings are now off with stress due to the mental torture suffered (for months), and no dought they are on full pay and deservedly so...

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:37 pm

:jacko: :wave:
cardiff 74 wrote:No fans should ever run on the pitch no matter what you have archived you spoil the celabrations for you're team theycan't celabrate the way want by acknowledging the fans and there family's in the stand also it's there place of work I've seen us do in at our place and it spoils the occassion

Bore off zzzzzzzzzzz
bore off you're self :lol:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:38 pm

The pitch invasion is understandable, they’re a team from the third tier that has just beaten arguably one of the best teams in the world.

But don’t agree with goading the City fans or that bloke that went towards Aguero - could understand them celebrating with their team, but not stuff like that.

I think Aguero was well within his rights to defend himself, and I hope the FA look at it favourably towards him.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 pm

At least we can all sleep easy in the knowledge nothing like that would ever happen down the City :old:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:25 pm

I seem to remember the footballing world vilifying us at the Cardiff Leeds clash for scenes not as bad as last nights.

It's OK though it's Wigan I guess.