Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" On Sean Morrison proving his critics wrong "

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:21 pm

On Sean Morrison proving his critics wrong

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Fortunately for Sean, I wasn’t one of them and I don’t think he’s worried about anything else. You’re bound to read papers early doors but if your manager believes in you, it’s a big plus really."

I thought he would go to Sheffield Wednesday, especially when they upped the price to £5 million or something like that.

I said to him, you’ll get a lot more money than here and a longer contract, I said I don’t want you to go but I can’t stop you going.

He come to me and just said, ‘I think we have something special here gaffer, I’d like to stay if it’s alright with you’. I said, ‘it’s alright with me son, yeah.’.

That was at the start of the season and I think a lot of players would have gone, if I’m honest, chased the money.

I didn’t recommend Sheffield Wednesday to him, being a United-ite, but I didn’t stand in his way and I thought that was a crucial time.

"When he said “I’m captain and I think we have something special coming on here”, I thought that was special and that’s why I’ve supported him because not just on the field of play, there’s a lot that goes off the field as well and Sean is right on top of that. There’s a good group off the field and that always helps."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " On Sean Morrison proving his critics wrong "

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Our Captain is slowly becoming one of my fav City players, love his attitude and the bond he has with the team and Warnock, great to hear he turned down offers because he wanted to remain with us.

Thank you Sean :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Our Captain is slowly becoming one of my fav City players, love his attitude and the bond he has with the team and Warnock, great to hear he turned down offers because he wanted to remain with us.

Same - I said this on a thread last week. He's matured into a great player :ayatollah:
I hope we can keep him here long term.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:51 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Our Captain is slowly becoming one of my fav City players, love his attitude and the bond he has with the team and Warnock, great to hear he turned down offers because he wanted to remain with us.

Same - I said this on a thread last week. He's matured into a great player :ayatollah:

Aye mate I hope so too, he rarely has a bad game and always puts his body on the line, likes to score a goal, one of the best defenders in this league :thumbup:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Aye mate I hope so too, he rarely has a bad game and always puts his body on the line, likes to score a goal, one of the best defenders in this league :thumbup:

Some wanted him gone at the start of the season too. MADNESS!!
I've always rated him but this season he's arguably been the most important player in the squad :thumbright:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:08 pm

After the game he always leads the players around the pitch to applaud the fans with genuine enthusiasm :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

avondaleblue wrote:After the game he always leads the players around the pitch to applaud the fans with genuine enthusiasm :bluescarf:

His celebration after the Boro goal told it all really. He was in Gibsons face and celebrated like mad. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:16 pm

I questioned the wisdom of both making him captain and of not selling him to Wednesday. Genuinely pleased to admit I called it wrong and eat some humble pie.

Superb player and a player of the season has to be between him and Junior surely (With Ralls and Etheridge highly commended) :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 pm

avondaleblue wrote:After the game he always leads the players around the pitch to applaud the fans with genuine enthusiasm :bluescarf:

:thumbup:

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 am

Fair play to Morrison, I'm always so happy when I see his name on the team sheet. The best defender in the Championship and a true leader!

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 am

Best centre half in the division :bluescarf: Thanks for sticking with us Sean :thumbup: