MY VIEW:TONIGHT A BATTLING CARDIFF CITY TEAM CAME AWAY WITH

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW:TONIGHT A BATTLING CARDIFF CITY TEAM CAME AWAY W

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:06 am

Just got back, we had to battle for the win, first 10 minutes we dominated then the game became a turgid affair, Morrison looked like he did his groin, whilst being turned left and right, but he still made the tackle. Connolly, was ripped a new one, on the left,all game, he looked very rusty. Mendez-Laing was pretty much a passenger. Second half we got back on top, had a good ten minutes then scored an ugly goal. Great support second half from the 300 odd that were there, all the players came over and clapped the support, I get the feeling they appreciate it even more when there are so few away supporters. My MOTM was yet again Junior Hoillet, he always puts the shift in and without him, we would be a very, very ordinary team.
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Just got back, we had to battle for the win, first 10 minutes we dominated then the game became a turgid affair, Morrison looked like he did his groin, whilst being turned left and right, but he still made the tackle. Connolly, was ripped a new one, on the left,all game, he looked very rusty. Mendez-Laing was pretty much a passenger. Second half we got back on top, had a good ten minutes then scored an ugly goal. Great support second half from the 300 odd that were there, all the players came over and clapped the support, I get the feeling they appreciate it even more when there are so few away supporters. My MOTM was yet again Junior Hoillet, he always puts the shift in and without him, we would be a very, very ordinary team.

Cheers and well done for going :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I love hearing/reading your post regarding about our players coming over and appreciating the City fans, might be small in number,but fantastic everyone of you :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby JimmyJazz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:Just got back, we had to battle for the win, first 10 minutes we dominated then the game became a turgid affair, Morrison looked like he did his groin, whilst being turned left and right, but he still made the tackle. Connolly, was ripped a new one, on the left,all game, he looked very rusty. Mendez-Laing was pretty much a passenger. Second half we got back on top, had a good ten minutes then scored an ugly goal. Great support second half from the 300 odd that were there, all the players came over and clapped the support, I get the feeling they appreciate it even more when there are so few away supporters. My MOTM was yet again Junior Hoillet, he always puts the shift in and without him, we would be a very, very ordinary team.

I love hearing/reading your post regarding about our players coming over and appreciating the City fans, might be small in number,but fantastic everyone of you :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I was there and I agree Junior was superb in every aspect. I thought our own pitch was a bit iffy especially on the Ninian Stand side, but Portman Road was very poor.

It’s one of my absolute joys to be there with the team celebrating at the end.

CTID
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:34 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was there and I agree Junior was superb in every aspect. I thought our own pitch was a bit iffy especially on the Ninian Stand side, but Portman Road was very poor.

It’s one of my absolute joys to be there with the team celebrating at the end.

CTID

We prob don’t give Junior the credit he deserves :bluebird:

I could see pitch was awful and makes ours look perfect :lol: :thumbright:

Well done for going one hell of a trip and u got great rewards, I love nights like last night, makes it all worth while :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 am

Just remembered a post that I put on the match thread on Monday. Perhaps I should have had a bet, although my predictions are usually way out. Anyway, copied and pasted as follows:

Will be a tough game, and probably won't be pretty to watch. I think one of those matches where we will really have to grind out a result, but we have shown that we are capable of doing that under Warnock, and I don't see us losing this one. A point would be good, but if we can sneak a win that would be a great bonus. 1-0 would do just fine, and if Zohore could get on the score sheet that would be even better, particularly for his confidence. :bluescarf:
Steve Zodiak

Postby JimmyJazz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:48 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Just remembered a post that I put on the match thread on Monday. Perhaps I should have had a bet, although my predictions are usually way out. Anyway, copied and pasted as follows:

Will be a tough game, and probably won't be pretty to watch. I think one of those matches where we will really have to grind out a result, but we have shown that we are capable of doing that under Warnock, and I don't see us losing this one. A point would be good, but if we can sneak a win that would be a great bonus. 1-0 would do just fine, and if Zohore could get on the score sheet that would be even better, particularly for his confidence. :bluescarf:

Next time you think of the lottery numbers just pass them over here chief :lol:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Previous

Return to General Chat