BRISTOL C MANAGER SHOCKED AT HOW EMPTY CARDIFF C STADIUM IS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Bristol City boss dismisses Cardiff City Stadium factor and expresses shock at number of empty seats ahead of Severnside derby -

By Ben James (Media Wales)

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson has thrown down the gauntlet ahead of this weekend's huge Severnside derby by dismissing the Cardiff City Stadium factor.

Johnson reckons the ground where Cardiff have an excellent record is not intimidating and expressed surprise at the number of empty seats considering the Bluebirds are riding high in second place.

Johnson spoke ahead of his team coming to south Wales this weekend for a game in which Neil Warnock's Bluebirds will be looking to maintain their promotion bid and settle a score, after coming away from the West Country empty handed back in November .

It was a feisty afternoon on that occasion with Omar Bogle receiving a sending off for a nasty challenge and more of the same is expected this weekend.

There’s a long history between these two rivals and indeed between Neil Warnock and the Johnson family .

Lee Johnson, son of Gary, is now leading Bristol City towards the play-offs and he has continued his father’s frosty relationship with Warnock since taking the reigns.

"It's going to be a good game - the derbies are always good games - it's going to be aggressive. We haven't got as many fans there as we'd have liked and there's even more emphasis on making noise and doing two men's jobs off the pitch," said the 36-year-old.

"I don't think the atmosphere will be too intimidating. It's a big stadium and that's the surprising thing, looking at it. They've had an unbelievable season and there are still empty seats.

"That's been the good thing about Bristol City this season, the fans are enjoying it, the lads are playing good stuff and hopefully we can carry that on at Cardiff."

It’s a comment that will undoubtedly enrage some Cardiff fans ahead of what’s already being billed as one of the biggest Severnside Derbies in a number of years, given the lofty positions of both clubs.

Cardiff are now 10 points clear of their cross-border rivals after rediscovering their form to move four points clear in second, while the Robins have also seen a huge drop off in form, only winning one in their last 10 in all competitions.
Attachments
Bristol-City-v-Bolton-Wanderers-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
Bristol-City-v-Bolton-Wanderers-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg (25.35 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BRISTOL C MANAGER SHOCKED AT HOW EMPTY CARDIFF C STADIU

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Bristol City Manager Lee Johnson:

Speaking of Neil Warnock and this Sunday’s meeting, Johnson said: “Every manager has a philosophy.

“They’ve got a lot of big strong physical lads and Neil has a philosophy that works in the Championship.

“The Championship means you can go from a beautiful game of football to a dogfight in a matter of days. It’s a derby and we want to win and we’ll do everything we can to get the three points.”
Attachments
Bristol-City-v-Bolton-Wanderers-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
Bristol-City-v-Bolton-Wanderers-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg (25.35 KiB) Viewed 4352 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bananas » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 pm

We're all a bit shocked as to how empty his brain is :old:
Bananas

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:57 pm

Bananas wrote:We're all a bit shocked as to how empty his brain is :old:

:lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:05 pm

VINCE ALM:

Ticket prices for Bristol City Prices if you buy before Sunday;

Zone 4; Adult £20; 16-21 & student full time £10; over 60 £17 under 16 £5
Zone 3; Adult £24; 16-21 & full time students £15; Over 60 £20; under 16 £12;
Zone 2; Adult £26; 16-21 & full time Students £17; Over 60 £20; Under 16 £14
Zone 1; Adult £32; 16-21 & Full time student £22; Over 60 £25; Under 16 £20

If you have a club membership deduct £2 from all the prices above with the exception of Zone 4 pricing where there is £2 reduction offer on Adult price band only. :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Get yourself down there and be part of the Blue Wall; Blue Army :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Short arsed pig farmer....there will be more empty seats if any of your carrot crunchers try their luck in our end :wave: :ayatollah:
1980s Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Mmm apparently they have average of 1656 more fans give or take 50 !! hardly huge considering their investment in team and stadium! Plus their good season so far. :shock:
pembroke allan

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:17 pm

The son of garden gnome is trying to rev up his own fans.

They imagine they are victims of a conspiracy and their club is playing along with it.Bit like scouser syndrome.

I don't doubt Vince Alm's explanation of the tickets etc:

1. The Sunday kick off is at the request of both managers, and
2. Wurzels could have had a lot more tickets if they agreed to a ticket exchange but their club refused the offer.

Gnome junior and his club think they can focus their support by somehow neglecting to come clean on this.And they haven't.

This is the club that had a celebration of the life of a dead boy before the last seasons derby at AG which I thought was a very cynical ploy.
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Reply on Fb

JEFF PORTER

Turn their kit yellow, put a pirate ship onto their current badge and see what damage it does to his crowds. He's only playing mind games the tosser, by the way I hated the rebrand etc but go when I can home and away so don't fill my inbox with "it's cos of people like u staying away shit" lol
BLUEBIRDS

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Lawnmower » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:28 pm

They only had 21000 total for our visit there with 3500 away fans.

Pot kettle black
Lawnmower

Postby SBF1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:35 pm

:laughing6: So, it's not intimidating but we have an excellent record at the ground.....?

Who gives a flying fook then ..
Neath Bluebirds.
SBF1

Postby castleblue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Bristol City Manager Lee Johnson:

Speaking of Neil Warnock and this Sunday’s meeting, Johnson said: “Every manager has a philosophy.

“They’ve got a lot of big strong physical lads and Neil has a philosophy that works in the Championship.

“The Championship means you can go from a beautiful game of football to a dogfight in a matter of days. It’s a derby and we want to win and we’ll do everything we can to get the three points.”

Slavisa Jokanovic didn't much care for your teams beautiful style last night did he.

They were really solid, strong, bordering on the limit. In my opinion it was sometimes over the border of the limit but that was not the opinion of the referee. I must respect this.

Sometimes I was a little bit confused about the rules, what is a foul and what is not.

In some moments it was like a kind of rugby game; so many pushes, so many situations where I was a little bit confused about what the limits were in this battle, and what is over the limit."

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby epping blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 pm

When Malcolm Alison said much the same thing 40 years ago it added 20k to the normal walk up for the Hereford game. That would be nice. When I got back from Ipswich last night I was expecting to see that the South Wales public had ravaged what was left showing on e ticketing - sales seem steady but the result barely made a difference. Still think it will be 25k on Sunday though.
epping blue

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Ahhhhh, the Wanky Wurzels. Their fans are nervous that they are now on their annual slide again so Sunday is huge for Little Lee. It wasn't so long ago that they were calling for his head, such is their sureme wankyness.

They only beat us at theirs as we went down to ten men and their over self-hyped cup run has gone against them. Plus their crowd were pin-drop quiet.
They couldn't even organse their St George flag 'display'! It was one of the funniest things ever seen at a match.

Loved it when NW took over when we were struggling, his first game, them over confident, we beat them and then the slide into a relegation battle and the scarecrows imploding.

It would be great if that happens again to Little Lee - a small man with a small man's problems.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 pm

What a shower they are!

Always remember when we tanked them 6-0 and they all threw their programs on the pitch! What a waste of paper that was.

Never met the bloke but don't like him and hopefully on Sunday his supporters will feel the same.
Pulisnewport

Postby pengamblue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:23 pm

GAFFER PUT THIS ARTICLE ON THE DRESSING ROOM WALL YOUR TEAM TALK IS DONE BLOOBIRDS :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbup:
pengamblue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 pm

I thought he'd be more concerned with the fact his pu**y of a team are on their annual slide down the league and cant win a game. And they only average around 18-20,000 in a 27,000 capacity stadium and haven't had the sh*t that we've had to deal with over the years, so a bit pot calling kettle black.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bluebina » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi ho hi ho it’s off to work I go ..........
Bluebina

Postby nubbsy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Every manager that has a dig at us ends flat on his face, just ask Dougie freedman!
nubbsy

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Each day, I regularly produce a morning stool that is bigger than Little Lee. And just like the team he manages, it floats for a bit and but eventually gets flushed away.
GrangeEndStar

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:45 am

Why do I feel this will come back to bite him in the ass :lol: idiot.
2blue2handle

Postby brickyblue » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:51 am

Just gave Mr warnock his team talk and just gave every Cardiff fan even more ingredients to up the noise levels on Sunday.
Apple crunching gimp of a man like father like son.
Cant wait to send em back to England disappointed.
2-1 to us.
brickyblue

Postby blemmy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:15 am

Little Lee (aka Dopey) trying to play and win mind games with NW is akin to me trying to shove half a pound of butter up a camel's arse with a red hot fecking needle - impossible on the one hand and an indication of a total lack of coherent thinking on the other!!

I'm sure NW will be more than happy to put a copy of what Dopey has said on every player's seat in the dressing room pre-match - and to let his (and our) players do all Cardiff's talking on the pitch!

:wave: :thumbup: :bluescarf: :thumbup: :wave:
blemmy

Postby Fergy1927 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 am

I heard the Lee Johnson once got caught getting saucy with a goat.
Fergy1927

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:52 am

I'm amazed by this quote by Johnson, I just can't see what benefit he thinks he will get by having a pop at an opposing crowd :shock:

Fair enough when trying to get inside player's minds but comments like this are only going to rile supporters and therefore likely, I would hope, to increase any intimidation which is hardly helpful to his team :roll:

If he made these comments after getting a win at CCS then that's understandable but before a game is frankly stupid :lol:

I just hope we make it an uncomfortable afternoon on and off the pitch on Sunday :ayatollah: :bluebird:
piledriver64

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 am

I predict a 'Dougie Freedman' type chant to be sung to Ickle Little Lee for the entire game on Sunday.

A small club with an even smaller manager.
GrangeEndStar

Postby cardiff 74 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:34 am

I went to Ashton gate they couldn't even fill there new stand in fact they only filled it for Man City .when we where playing in ninian park the crowds we are having where more or less what we are getting know yes there's plenty of empty seats and if they had a ground like ours they'would be the same yes I wish we could have reconstructed ninian park like they have
cardiff 74

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 am

His problem is he's got tunnel vision and was looking at top Ninian stand during match and thought he was at Ashton gate? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby cardiff 74 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
pembroke allan wrote:His problem is he's got tunnel vision and was looking at top Ninian stand during match and thought he was at Ashton gate? :laughing6:
cardiff 74

Postby jarredg27 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:37 am

the bristol manager is going to leave early sunday becuase he'll realise his team are shit his fans are boring and his misses is shagging the chairman of notts county
jarredg27

Next

Return to General Chat