" Neil Warnock STILL playing down "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Neil Warnock STILL playing down promotion

Thursday 22nd February 2018

Make no mistake, many Cardiff fans are daring to dream, but the gaffer himself is still doing his very best to keep expectations in check.

Asked whether he would be disappointed if his side missed out on automatic promotion.

NEIL WARNOCK:

Neil Warnock replied: "I don't worry about it.

"You guys worry about it, you've got to write your stories and do your radio shows. I just know that we've got to keep going, take each game as it comes.

"There will be horrible games, there will be fabulous games."

"Let's hope there are more fabulous games on the horizon for these Bluebirds."

"Strength in depth pays dividends"

Warnock spoke about the 'nightmare 48 hours' faced in the build-up to the trip to Suffolk, and the inclusion of Matthew Connolly at left-back came as a surprise to everyone.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Connolly was fabulous. Bennett had an upset stomach so we had to send him home, and I told him that he had to play left-back because I didn't have anyone else.

"And Conns just said 'that's alright gaffer'. It's water off a duck's back for him. He's a fabulous pro."

The willingness to knuckle down and get on with the job at hand is certainly another big tick in the positives column this season, and Cardiff will need more of that professionalism if they are to navigate their way through this injury crisis.

Cardiff bolstered their squad further during the January transfer window. The strength in depth acquired will be key as injuries and potential suspensions bite in the closing months of the campaign.
Attachments
Ipswich-Town-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Portman-Road.jpg
Ipswich-Town-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Portman-Road.jpg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Ipswich-Town-v-Cardiff-City.jpg
Ipswich-Town-v-Cardiff-City.jpg (51.17 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Neil Warnock STILL playing down "

Postby davids » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:20 pm

With the injuries we've had this season and are continuing to have, he's right to be cautious.

And it suits us to be flying under the radar a bit with Derby, Villa and Fulham still everyone else's favourites to go up.

We just need to keep on grinding out the results and see where it takes us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
davids

Postby danielrees17 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 pm

We have to take it one game at a time as we have already seen what can happen with a blip in our form, There no easy game in the Championship And anyone can beat anyone so its better to be cautious :bluescarf:
danielrees17

Postby Carpman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:22 am

He knows April with its 4 away games is gonna be tough and could be make or break time for us, realistically only the one auto place up for grabs with Wolves having the luck on their side all season and haven't had to suffer the injuries to key players we have, really hope they have a horrendous run of results before the season end especially if they do go up, Warnock and the lads deserve all our support for their efforts this season, far outdone my expectations, just hope we can hang on to this superb manager next season whatever league we end up in.
Carpman

Return to General Chat