" CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:18 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:


Annis I much prefer to stand at the footy and love the atmosphere however there might well be fans who come who don’t want that and want to sit and watch it in peace. Knowing the mouthful some might get were they to ask someone to sit down would stop someone from coming especially if they felt intimidated.


101 excuses or reasons but all of them valid if that's what the individual feels


To much traffic,its raining,its cold,its live on tv,its a Sunday,its a Tuesday night, fans stand up etc etc

But only at our club :lol:




Never heard that for Man City or Leeds game :thumbright: :thumbright:

Why did they not feel that way for those two big games?


Only at our club ?

Wigan (top of the table remember) had 8k for a recent home league game. A few days later 19k turn up to watch Man City.


Sshh it is only our club.
maccydee
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:


Annis I much prefer to stand at the footy and love the atmosphere however there might well be fans who come who don’t want that and want to sit and watch it in peace. Knowing the mouthful some might get were they to ask someone to sit down would stop someone from coming especially if they felt intimidated.


101 excuses or reasons but all of them valid if that's what the individual feels


To much traffic,its raining,its cold,its live on tv,its a Sunday,its a Tuesday night, fans stand up etc etc

But only at our club :lol:



Never heard that for Man City or Leeds game :thumbright: :thumbright:

Why did they not feel that way for those two big games?


Only at our club ?

Wigan (top of the table remember) had 8k for a recent home league game. A few days later 19k turn up to watch Man City.



Its Only at our club at all other clubs it doesn't count. :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15636
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby CF64 BLUE » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:26 pm

maccydee wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:People fretting over crowds lower than they would expect for a team flying high.
I'm one of the missing 1000's, used to attend as much as humanly possible as I did and still do shift work.
I would say the third most used word on this forum after"Cardiff" and "City" is "plastic". ex/occasional fans are being called this name on a regular basis, it doesn't really encourage semi interested fans to make the effort to go to matches, it wouldn't and doesn't bother me personally in the least but I think for some it would effect their decision.
I have found a new interest that now uses up my free time and would rather pursue that than follow "The City".
Why doesn't the club do a survey of ex and occasional fans and attempt to get to the reason for disappointing crowds?.
I still occasionally fancy attending a game but can't see me returning to the fold and I first went when Dilwyn John and Gareth Williams played probably around 1965/66ish.
People who don't attend regularly are still keen City fans I have no doubt, there aren't really that many "plastics around as many on here would have us believe.


The shift work / Saturday Work has to be a factor. The jobs people are doing has changed and weekend and evening working has become much more prevalent.


I'm in work now, I'm in tomorrow from 8am-7pm, gives you little chance to do or attend anything on a regular basis, but I'm certainly no plastic.
User avatar
CF64 BLUE
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: pontypridd

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:




Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:

And guess you don't care if you go to game and don't watch it because everyone in front of you stands and gives you abuse because you complain? Yes its a very poor excuse for not returning next game :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15636
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:




Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:

And guess you don't care if you go to game and don't watch it because everyone in front of you stands and gives you abuse because you complain? Yes its a very poor excuse for not returning next game :thumbup:



Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


I agree a very very poor excuse Allan and noted 102 excuses :lol: :lol:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108331
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:43 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:


Annis I much prefer to stand at the footy and love the atmosphere however there might well be fans who come who don’t want that and want to sit and watch it in peace. Knowing the mouthful some might get were they to ask someone to sit down would stop someone from coming especially if they felt intimidated.


101 excuses or reasons but all of them valid if that's what the individual feels


To much traffic,its raining,its cold,its live on tv,its a Sunday,its a Tuesday night, fans stand up etc etc

But only at our club :lol:



Never heard that for Man City or Leeds game :thumbright: :thumbright:

Why did they not feel that way for those two big games?


Only at our club ?

Wigan (top of the table remember) had 8k for a recent home league game. A few days later 19k turn up to watch Man City.





Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108331
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:




Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:

And guess you don't care if you go to game and don't watch it because everyone in front of you stands and gives you abuse because you complain? Yes its a very poor excuse for not returning next game :thumbup:



Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


I agree a very very poor excuse Allan and noted 102 excuses :lol: :lol:



:headbang: :glasses7: :geek: :protest: :occasion9: :blob3: :laughing6:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15636
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:




Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:

And guess you don't care if you go to game and don't watch it because everyone in front of you stands and gives you abuse because you complain? Yes its a very poor excuse for not returning next game :thumbup:



Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


I agree a very very poor excuse Allan and noted 102 excuses :lol: :lol:



:headbang: :glasses7: :geek: :protest: :occasion9: :blob3: :laughing6:




:lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108331
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:46 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:


Annis I much prefer to stand at the footy and love the atmosphere however there might well be fans who come who don’t want that and want to sit and watch it in peace. Knowing the mouthful some might get were they to ask someone to sit down would stop someone from coming especially if they felt intimidated.






Agreed it works all ways Neil :thumbright: , but two sections out of say 8 in the Ninian Stand harmed No one and yet again v Man City they turned a blind eye.
Plus plenty of seats in Fam & main grandstand to sit down in and I mean plenty :thumbright:

Plus I use to get ph calls of Wayne Nash for the big games,to get all the fans up and make it more passionate :lol:

On FB u put under this title you were not interested in this topic and it had been done to death,yet here you are again :lol:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108331
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:




Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:

And guess you don't care if you go to game and don't watch it because everyone in front of you stands and gives you abuse because you complain? Yes its a very poor excuse for not returning next game :thumbup:



Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


I agree a very very poor excuse Allan and noted 102 excuses :lol: :lol:



:headbang: :glasses7: :geek: :protest: :occasion9: :blob3: :laughing6:




:lol: :lol: :thumbup:



Well no excuses tomorrow it will be good crowd
annis I always chose a seat where no one was in front of me before went to level 4 couple seasons ago :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15636
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:




Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:

And guess you don't care if you go to game and don't watch it because everyone in front of you stands and gives you abuse because you complain? Yes its a very poor excuse for not returning next game :thumbup:



Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


I agree a very very poor excuse Allan and noted 102 excuses :lol: :lol:



:headbang: :glasses7: :geek: :protest: :occasion9: :blob3: :laughing6:




:lol: :lol: :thumbup:



Well no excuses tomorrow it will be good crowd
annis I always chose a seat where no one was in front of me before went to level 4 couple seasons ago :thumbup:


Enjoy Allan :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Its only banter on here :lol: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108331
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Gaynor Straight » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:


Annis I much prefer to stand at the footy and love the atmosphere however there might well be fans who come who don’t want that and want to sit and watch it in peace. Knowing the mouthful some might get were they to ask someone to sit down would stop someone from coming especially if they felt intimidated.


101 excuses or reasons but all of them valid if that's what the individual feels


To much traffic,its raining,its cold,its live on tv,its a Sunday,its a Tuesday night, fans stand up etc etc

But only at our club :lol:



Never heard that for Man City or Leeds game :thumbright: :thumbright:

Why did they not feel that way for those two big games?


Only at our club ?

Wigan (top of the table remember) had 8k for a recent home league game. A few days later 19k turn up to watch Man City.





Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


But 1000s of extra fans still turned out for a game against a big team, which is exactly what your point is.
Gaynor Straight
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:25 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:


Annis I much prefer to stand at the footy and love the atmosphere however there might well be fans who come who don’t want that and want to sit and watch it in peace. Knowing the mouthful some might get were they to ask someone to sit down would stop someone from coming especially if they felt intimidated.


101 excuses or reasons but all of them valid if that's what the individual feels


To much traffic,its raining,its cold,its live on tv,its a Sunday,its a Tuesday night, fans stand up etc etc

But only at our club :lol:



Never heard that for Man City or Leeds game :thumbright: :thumbright:

Why did they not feel that way for those two big games?


Only at our club ?

Wigan (top of the table remember) had 8k for a recent home league game. A few days later 19k turn up to watch Man City.





Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


But 1000s of extra fans still turned out for a game against a big team, which is exactly what your point is.



But Cardiff City have a fanbase t fill our stadium every week to watch and follow Cardiff who ever the opposition is :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

You just honestly can't compare little Wigan, they once only took 5,000 fans to Wembley and 20 fans to Cardiff.

They are as years go on getting bigger support,but it is a Rugby League town 100% and most football fans in Wigan support Everton,Liverpool,United & Man City .
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108331
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:




Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:

And guess you don't care if you go to game and don't watch it because everyone in front of you stands and gives you abuse because you complain? Yes its a very poor excuse for not returning next game :thumbup:



Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


I agree a very very poor excuse Allan and noted 102 excuses :lol: :lol:



:headbang: :glasses7: :geek: :protest: :occasion9: :blob3: :laughing6:




:lol: :lol: :thumbup:



Well no excuses tomorrow it will be good crowd
annis I always chose a seat where no one was in front of me before went to level 4 couple seasons ago :thumbup:


Enjoy Allan :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Its only banter on here :lol: :thumbright:



Yes don't think anyone agrees with anyone sometimes on here! :laughing6: but we are all city fans :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15636
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:




Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:

And guess you don't care if you go to game and don't watch it because everyone in front of you stands and gives you abuse because you complain? Yes its a very poor excuse for not returning next game :thumbup:



Comparing Wigan we have to go that low, :lol:

If u know yr football, Wigan in 1960's etc were not even in the Leagues and Wigan has never ever had big support,they actually rely on away fans even in the Prem as well.
They are one of the worst supported clubs in football.


I agree a very very poor excuse Allan and noted 102 excuses :lol: :lol:



:headbang: :glasses7: :geek: :protest: :occasion9: :blob3: :laughing6:




:lol: :lol: :thumbup:



Well no excuses tomorrow it will be good crowd
annis I always chose a seat where no one was in front of me before went to level 4 couple seasons ago :thumbup:


Enjoy Allan :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Its only banter on here :lol: :thumbright:



Yes don't think anyone agrees with anyone sometimes on here! :laughing6: but we are all city fans :thumbup:


Spot on Allan :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108331
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:56 pm

maccydee
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


Then Pay £20 to sit in part of the stadium that sits down, there’s plenty of empty seats. It’s only 2 blocks in the canton end that’s stands. If you don’t want to stand dont get tickets there.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


Then Pay £20 to sit in part of the stadium that sits down, there’s plenty of empty seats. It’s only 2 blocks in the canton end that’s stands. If you don’t want to stand dont get tickets there.



:laughing5: you obviously don't follow things or you would have seen I have ST level 4 and prior to that got seats where people couldn't stand in front of me. And was making a general observation that people
Persistently stand in all areas of ground and guess you would love to miss couple of goals in support of people standing in front of you who get in your way :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15636
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby valleyrambill » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:10 pm

I think it is not that we got relegated from the premiership is was the way we got relegated and the embarrassing way Mackay was dealt with before his sacking too didn't help Tan made us a joke of a club until he thankfully has disappeared.

But he turns up now and again with silly comments attacking Mackay again, the red hurt people but because we were successful we still had good attendances then we become a joke again with Ole Slade and Trollop the club clearly had no football people involved and the club was looking daft and even when we had a good attendance most supporters were bored with the football.

In all fairness Warnock has made us a better performing club and the atmosphere is getting better and I believe the supporters will slowly come back as long as we are successful.

I was just talking to a load guys in the pub who use to come down regular and are expecting us to fail this season now so
maybe we have a hard fight getting supporters back
[color=#0040BF][/color]
User avatar
valleyrambill
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Hengoed

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


Then Pay £20 to sit in part of the stadium that sits down, there’s plenty of empty seats. It’s only 2 blocks in the canton end that’s stands. If you don’t want to stand dont get tickets there.



:laughing5: you obviously don't follow things or you would have seen I have ST level 4 and prior to that got seats where people couldn't stand in front of me. And was making a general observation that people
Persistently stand in all areas of ground and guess you would love to miss couple of goals in support of people standing in front of you who get in your way :thumbup:


And I was making the point that people who want to sit down should get tickets where people sit down for the majority of the match. They’ve got plenty of choice around the ground.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Gaynor Straight » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:07 pm

It's been touched on before but the marketing by the club is pretty poor.
The only ads I see are tweets from Cardiff Bus advertising yhe buses from the city centre before and after the games
Made me realise how crap the advertising is when I was driving along Wentloog road earlier. I was following an NAT bus with a huge advert on the back of the bus telling me to support my local football team. Trouble was it was an advert for Newport County
Gaynor Straight
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:25 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:17 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I think it is not that we got relegated from the premiership is was the way we got relegated and the embarrassing way Mackay was dealt with before his sacking too didn't help Tan made us a joke of a club until he thankfully has disappeared.

But he turns up now and again with silly comments attacking Mackay again, the red hurt people but because we were successful we still had good attendances then we become a joke again with Ole Slade and Trollop the club clearly had no football people involved and the club was looking daft and even when we had a good attendance most supporters were bored with the football.

In all fairness Warnock has made us a better performing club and the atmosphere is getting better and I believe the supporters will slowly come back as long as we are successful.

I was just talking to a load guys in the pub who use to come down regular and are expecting us to fail this season now so
maybe we have a hard fight getting supporters back



We have virtually the same beliefs and hear the same things from fans we know :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108331
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:


Then Pay £20 to sit in part of the stadium that sits down, there’s plenty of empty seats. It’s only 2 blocks in the canton end that’s stands. If you don’t want to stand dont get tickets there.



:laughing5: you obviously don't follow things or you would have seen I have ST level 4 and prior to that got seats where people couldn't stand in front of me. And was making a general observation that people
Persistently stand in all areas of ground and guess you would love to miss couple of goals in support of people standing in front of you who get in your way :thumbup:


And I was making the point that people who want to sit down should get tickets where people sit down for the majority of the match. They’ve got plenty of choice around the ground.


Mmmmm well you should use better English to highlight point not use (you) which refers to me :laughing6: and like I said would you be happy if miss couple goals because taller people stood in front of you even if you are standing? Anyway times up. :clock: :boxing: :occasion5:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15636
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Previous


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: antill_dunning, Carpman, CF72, daboblue, Gazza_1927, Gheorghe1927, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lincoln blue, Melsuttonholyboots, nins27, OriginalGrangeEndBlue, rumpo kid, stevee1966, TalywainBluebird, The Cobra, Xcasual and 315 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.