Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The pitch

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Why is our pitch so bad? Didn't we pay desso over a million quid for it? It's shocking.

Re: The pitch

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm

Dahboy wrote:Why is our pitch so bad? Didn't we pay desso over a million quid for it? It's shocking.

How bad is it? As bad as your post about us losing? If that bad needs to be relaid.

To be fair it’s as dry and Mother Teresa’s arse crack.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:53 pm

maccydee wrote:
Dahboy wrote:Why is our pitch so bad? Didn't we pay desso over a million quid for it? It's shocking.

How bad is it? As bad as your post about us losing? If that bad needs to be relaid.

Saw worse yesterday but it was bone dry, probably due to wind couldn't use sprinklers :old:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:41 pm

The sprinklers were on before the game!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:47 pm

And the underground heating on I would think

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Saw worse yesterday but it was bone dry, probably due to wind couldn't use sprinklers :old:

To be fair it’s been shocking all season. Not sure what we’re doing different because for a while after the egg chasers left we had a great pitch.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:

To be fair it’s been shocking all season. Not sure what we’re doing different because for a while after the egg chasers left we had a great pitch.

Is it bad though? I sit on level 4 and can see it better than at lower levels and the only slight damage is in family end goalmouth! Rest pitch looks OK considering amount rain past couple of months, think it was very dry for whatever reason and wind made game look bad? like said saw a lot worse in championship yesterday :old:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Is it bad though? I sit on level 4 and can see it better than at lower levels and the only slight damage is in family end goalmouth! Rest pitch looks OK considering amount rain past couple of months, think it was very dry for whatever reason and wind made game look bad? like said saw a lot worse in championship yesterday :old:

You sit on level 4? You’ve never mentioned that before :crazy: :lol:

Yes it is.
The pitch is actually quite bad if you look at some of the bounces etc today. I think even Warnock said the same. One of the worse areas is in the corner near the away fans where there’s a big area of bare grass and bumpy conditions. You can see these areas better, obviously, if you’re nearer to them.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:15 pm

We should praise the pitch especially in the corner.

Bamba's ball across to Harris sat up with a poor bounce. Without it the ball may have gone out of play or given the defender a better chance.

From this came the goal.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm

Who cares about the pitch , we seem to be winning more than losing on it.
I Can imagine Wolvesalona , not looking forward to playing on it.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:41 pm

nojac wrote:Who cares about the pitch , we seem to be winning more than losing on it.
I Can imagine Wolvesalona , not looking forward to playing on it.

I'm just alluding to the fact that Desso pitches are supposed to be the best there is. We need a refund :lol: