Re: MOTM VOTE VS BRISTOL CITY

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:28 pm

This will get some backs up haha!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Junior Hoilett Superb :bluebird:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Manga gets my vote we didn’t give their attacking players a sniff all day and he was brilliant aerially too. Defensively we’ve been exceptional since our calamitous festive period. So many good performances today in what was a scrappy game. Halford didn’t put a foot wrong and Hoilett was his usual self. Glad to see Ken getting the rub of the green in front of goal the previous 2 games. About time he started having some luck. I thought in the first half Paterson and Madine kept going for every ball together which was giving us nothing to play off. But fair play to Warnock for noticing it and changing it at HT. One thing that really annoyed me today was the way Paterson always goes down so theatrically when getting on with it or staying on his feet would be the better option. But if that’s my only bad point of today then I’m happy.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Gave it to Ralls but Halford did a very effective job and Connolly grew into the game after a shaky start. Everyone stood up to be counted today even if it wasn't pretty.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Ralls for his battling

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 pm

joe ralls run the show

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:49 pm

joe ralls run the show

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Manga , showed class and was acting like morrison :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:53 pm

sol was inspirational, Ralls was involved in most things.

Special mention for Connolly and Halford who stepped in marvelously

But for me it was Manga's reading of the game, having the gas to mark tightly and ability to play when he could but whack it when he couldn't.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Hard to split Bamba and Manga for me but went for Bruno

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Manga gets my vote we didn’t give their attacking players a sniff all day and he was brilliant aerially too. Defensively we’ve been exceptional since our calamitous festive period. So many good performances today in what was a scrappy game. Halford didn’t put a foot wrong and Hoilett was his usual self. Glad to see Ken getting the rub of the green in front of goal the previous 2 games. About time he started having some luck. I thought in the first half Paterson and Madine kept going for every ball together which was giving us nothing to play off. But fair play to Warnock for noticing it and changing it at HT. One thing that really annoyed me today was the way Paterson always goes down so theatrically when getting on with it or staying on his feet would be the better option. But if that’s my only bad point of today then I’m happy.

Halford didn’t put a foot wrong - apart from a lovely pass inside his own 6 yard box to the opposition in the last 5 minutes - he had a pretty good game.

Manga for motm for me. He usually loses concentration once or twice during a game, but was on it all 90 minutes today.
Last edited by Gaynor Straight on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Bamba edged it for me, but an all round good team performance :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Manga for me - some of his touches were sublime, especially when he dinked it over the Bristol fella's head in our own box before clearing. Bamba was also solid and some of his passing was excellent, but Manga just shaded it for me.

I was cursing Ralls all game as he was a bit off the boil with his passing, then he goes and provides an excellent assist! Also thought Halford and Feeny did well!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Glad someone did this. I’ve only just been on here and seen result because of work all day.

Will stop the vote on Tuesday at 3.30pm, for interest of figures :thumbright:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Hoilett :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Not a big fan of his but my MOTM is Greg Halford. Thought he was terrific all game, calm, composed and stopped Bobby Reid and the rest of the Bristol Midfield playing. Hoilett was terrific again mind and Zohore looked back to his best and looks confident again.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Manga gets my vote we didn’t give their attacking players a sniff all day and he was brilliant aerially too. Defensively we’ve been exceptional since our calamitous festive period. So many good performances today in what was a scrappy game. Halford didn’t put a foot wrong and Hoilett was his usual self. Glad to see Ken getting the rub of the green in front of goal the previous 2 games. About time he started having some luck. I thought in the first half Paterson and Madine kept going for every ball together which was giving us nothing to play off. But fair play to Warnock for noticing it and changing it at HT. One thing that really annoyed me today was the way Paterson always goes down so theatrically when getting on with it or staying on his feet would be the better option. But if that’s my only bad point of today then I’m happy.

Halford didn’t put a foot wrong - apart from a lovely pass inside his own 6 yard box to the opposition in the last 5 minutes - he had a pretty good game.

Manga for motm for me. He usually loses concentration once or twice during a game, but was on it all 90 minutes today.

The pass in the last 5 minutes was Ralls

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Greg “The Closer” Halford for me. He was immense and hardly put a foot wrong.

With his specific skill set he’s gonna be a big player for us on the run in :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Bamba for me, he played a different game today taking on the Morrison role of providing a solid platform at the back instead of his more usual chase everything game. Manga supported him superbly.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:31 pm

I think I must have watched a different game. Myself, everyone I went with and it seemed everyone around me thought Halford was horrific! He couldn’t pass the ball five yards!!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:39 pm

Bruno

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Hoilett yet again, put a great shift in :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 pm

Went Junior Hoilett today, as he once again ran his backside off and produced an excellent display! :thumbright:

Can see why Sol Bamba and Bruno Manga were lots of peoples favourites, as well as a Ralls, but thought that to get MotM some of Manga's passes left a lot to be desired...again. Couldn't fault him other than that ;)

However, I thought the whole team did well today but special mentions for Greg Halford, Matthew Connolly and Liam Feeney; none of whom let anyone down! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:51 am

Message to Ralls. Please don't pass the ball in your own 6 yard area, BOOT the F***ing thing, you nearly gave half the family stand a heart attack. No complaints about the rest of your game this season keep it going your having a great season. :occasion5:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:33 am

Barclay1 wrote:Gave it to Ralls but Halford did a very effective job and Connolly grew into the game after a shaky start. Everyone stood up to be counted today even if it wasn't pretty.
you can always rely on connelly

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:35 am

Junior hoilett always cool cam on the ball nice to see kadeem Harris back

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:

The pass in the last 5 minutes was Ralls

Fair enough. My initial thoughts was that Ralls passed it to Halford who then passed it to no man's land.
Note to self - must ring Specsavers

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:53 pm

Just one vote in it :thumbright:

Will pause the results later today, probably about 9pm. So that we can have the final figures for the rest of the MOTM votes this season :thumbright: