Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" So what do you think? & how do you feel? "

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:03 pm

" So what do you think? & how do you feel? "

Looking at tonight Championship Table :bluebird: :bluebird:

Just look at the Mighty Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " So what do you think? & how do you feel? "

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Is Kenneth Zohore back on fire? :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:49 pm

NO - But Kenneth Zohore is ;)

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:NO - But Kenneth Zohore is ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Best atmosphere this season for me aswell :bluebird:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Only three point less at this stage of the season, than we had during our promotion season under Malky.

We Can do this,,, we Can achieve automatic promotion,,, if we don't get "carried away"! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:00 pm

I'm quietly confident we will get an auto place.

We seem to have come out of our blip in a dramatic way. If Bambas good goal stood at Millwall we would be on a 6 win run which would be a record for us.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Thought Big Ken looked up for it today when he came on,offers something different to Madine but Warnock likes to mix it up :thumbright: Zohore not quite on fire but getting better.
To be 2 at this stage of the campaign is a wonderful achievement and we should just enjoy the ride(easier said than done),expedition is definitely turning.
Very optimistic but a few twists and turns to come.
Can’t see to many opposing managers querying our stadium or fans again this season. :lol:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:11 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Only three point less at this stage of the season, than we had during our promotion season under Malky.

We Can do this,,, we Can achieve automatic promotion,,, if we don't get "carried away"! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also 6 points higher than DJ last season when we finished 4th and fully 13 points higher than MM first season when we finished 6th.

It's almost impossible to think we won't make the playoffs because not even DJ could mess that up from where we are this evening. With 7 of our remaining 12 games against teams in the bottom 11 surely we can get above 80 points and if we get there anything, including automatic, will absolutely on the cards.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Im confident we are going up

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 pm

If I'm being honest I don't think we have played particularly well since before Xmas

However, there is a togetherness and will to win in this squad which somehow gets us through each game

Defensively we are rock solid, and Etheridge has been a revolation in the last few months

Madine has added some extra power upfront and we have a squad of players all of who know exactly what their job is

Warnock, Blackwell and Fenton have more experience and knowledge than any other management team in the Division and I feel we just need to keep our heads keep picking up points and an automatic promotion place is there for the taking

One thing I do know is that this squad is unlikely to "bottle it" over the last 12 games

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:23 pm

That was without doubt a championship performance, scrappy? Yes Ugly? Yes Worthy OH yes :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:27 pm

I have to be honest and say when I saw the last 2 line ups I didn't give us much of a chance but fair play to NW and the whole squad as a whole they all seem to be buying in to the dream and i'm loving it. It is a squad game and what a squad we've got

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm

TBH I'm both ecstatic and astonished how NW has got such a tune out of his cheaply assembled squad. We are playing like a parks team yet keep on beating top Championship teams, it defies all logic :occasion5: :lol:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:45 pm

We've conceded 5 goals in our last 9 league games and today proved that we keep a clean sheet without Morrison.
This form can only result in one thing - automatic promotion. If we carry on as we are we could even afford to slip up against Villa and Derby and still finish 2nd.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Sat Mar 3 Brentford Cardiff City Crowd Away ( 1,650 )

Tue Mar 6 Barnsley H

Sat Mar 10 Birmingham City H

Sunday Mar 18th Derby County 12pm Sky Tv A

Fri 3pm Mar 30 Burton Albion H

Mon 7:45pm Apr 2 Sheffield United A Live on Sky

Sat Apr 7 Wolverhampton Wanderers H

Tue Apr 10 Aston Villa A

Sat Apr 14 Norwich City A

Sat Apr 21 Nottingham Forest H

Sat Apr 28 Hull City A

Sun 12:30pm May 6 Reading H

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" So what do you think? & how do you feel? "

Looking at tonight Championship Table :bluebird: :bluebird:

Just look at the Mighty Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

I didn’t think we were going to go up at all but now I’m starting to wonder! Shame villa got those 2 late goals on saturday else the gap would be even bigger. I def feel it’s 2nd or bust for us though, we are just not a lucky playoff club.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:11 pm

We need 7 wins out of 12 games I reckon, 88 points will do it. Hopefully we keep it down to 3 defeats so 90 points will guarantee it.

Doable but I'm always worried lol

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:53 pm

I think we can do it, we have a team of die hards who are focussed on supporting NW and genuinely want to "win" - so I'm going for a top 2 place and automatic promotion.

Come on you Bloooobirdssssa! :thumbup:

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:05 pm

I still think Wolves will win the league. They’re on a poor run but I can see them turning that around soon. They’re the best team in the league and deserve it, in my opinion.

For 2nd, it could go either way between us and Villa. I do feel it’s a two-horse race. Don’t think Derby or Fulham will be part of that battle now.

We still have to go to Villa and Derby, as well as play Wolves at home. Three very difficult games.

But we should just enjoy these last twelve regular season games, a lot of us didn’t expect us to be in this position pre-season. I would say it’s 50/50 what will happen, in my opinion.

Would take a major fuck-up for us to miss out on top six, and I now believe the lowest we’ll finish is 3rd - that’s the optimist in me anyway.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:19 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:If I'm being honest I don't think we have played particularly well since before Xmas

However, there is a togetherness and will to win in this squad which somehow gets us through each game

Defensively we are rock solid, and Etheridge has been a revolation in the last few months

Madine has added some extra power upfront and we have a squad of players all of who know exactly what their job is

Warnock, Blackwell and Fenton have more experience and knowledge than any other management team in the Division and I feel we just need to keep our heads keep picking up points and an automatic promotion place is there for the taking

One thing I do know is that this squad is unlikely to "bottle it" over the last 12 games

Who's this Fenton character?? :?

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:00 am

I think we have enough about us for the playoffs. Still a lot of games to go and points to be collected for second place but no doubt we have given ourselves a great chance. I'm glad we didn't just forget about 2nd dramatically after a few losses :lol:

Still very tough but I'm happy where we are and that we have warnock on our side for the running. We have a lot of injuries but a lot of players to come back shortly for that push. Fingers crossed :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:21 am

To be honest I think malkeys team was a lot better than neil warnocks team but what they have in common both very hard workman like teams

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:06 am

cardiff 74 wrote:To be honest I think malkeys team was a lot better than neil warnocks team but what they have in common both very hard workman like teams

Very similar although I enjoy watching this team more, I like teams who play with wingers like we do. Nothing was more disheartening than seeing Cowie wide :lol: but it's a results business, I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win than a fancy 1-1 at this point in the season.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48 am

Delighted with the 3 points, but It was an absolutely shocking game, both sides were dreadful.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:47 am

Apart from yesterday I've thoroughly enjoyed watching us play this season, moreso than the Malky team that took pragmatic to a new level :lol:

There is certainly a team spirit that you can almost feel from the stands and I just wouldn't write them off in any game. Couple that with some outstanding individuals, Hoilett and Morrison in particular, and the fact that Zohore and Madine both looked a handful yesterday things are certainly looking positive.

I actually think if Gruijic comes back in and we can either get Wildshut or NML firing then we make the autos now.

I will actually be cheering on Wolves because they have to play Villa and Derby at home, if they can beat/draw in those games and we beat them down here then it really is on :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:57 am

2blue2handle wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:To be honest I think malkeys team was a lot better than neil warnocks team but what they have in common both very hard workman like teams

Very similar although I enjoy watching this team more, I like teams who play with wingers like we do. Nothing was more disheartening than seeing Cowie wide :lol: but it's a results business, I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win than a fancy 1-1 at this point in the season.

The big difference between the two is the amount spent putting the squads together.