Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result of Brentford v Cardiff City be?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:45 pm

Brentford win
11%
Cardiff City win
55%
Draw
34%

Total votes : 47

LATEST NEWS “ BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:45 pm

BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 3rd March, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship
Griffin Park

Cancelled
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=193626

Pitch inspection on Friday :bluebird:

1,650 Tickets Sold to Cardiff City Fans (Sold Out) :bluebird:
All Ticket / No Tickets on the day.

About Brentford

Brentford Football Club is a professional association football club based in Brentford, Greater London, England. The team play in the Championship, the second tier of English football. Brentford FC was founded on 10 October 1889. The club has played its home games at Griffin Park since 1904, after a nomadic existence playing at five previous grounds. Brentford's most successful spell came during the 1930s, when it achieved consecutive top-six finishes in the First Division. Brentford have been FA Cup quarter-finalists on four occasions, and have been runners-up of the Football League Trophy on three occasions.

Brentford came within a penalty kick of automatic promotion to the Championship on the final day of the 2012–13 season, losing 1–0 to promotion rivals Doncaster Rovers at Griffin Park, who only needed a draw to secure automatic promotion, a scenario which mirrored that of the final-day match versus Reading 11 years previously. In injury time, the Bees were awarded a penalty and loan striker Marcello Trotta, intent on taking it, wrestled the ball away from captain Kevin O'Connor and crashed the ball against the bar, after which Rovers broke upfield to score the winning goal. The Bees recovered brilliantly to beat Swindon Town on penalties in the 2013 playoff semi-finals after drawing 4–4 on aggregate, but the season came to an end after a 2–1 defeat to Yeovil Town in the final.

A hangover ensued early in the 2013–14 season, but after a heated discussion between management and players after a defeat to Stevenage in mid-October 2013, Brentford went on a club-record 19 match unbeaten run in League One, even weathering the storm caused by the departure of Uwe Rösler in early December 2013. Mark Warburton carried on Rösler's good work and led Brentford to automatic promotion to the Championship with three matches to spare. Earlier in 2014, Matthew Benham had acquired 100% ownership of the club, with his funding being vital to Brentford's rise from League Two in 2007 to the Championship in 2014. An unexpected 5th-place finish was attained Brentford's first season in the second-tier since 1992–93, but the Bees were comfortably beaten by Middlesbrough in the 2015 playoff semi-finals. An overhaul of the management and recruitment structure of the club at the end of the season led to the departure of manager Mark Warburton, who was replaced by Marinus Dijkhuizen. Dijkhuizen lasted just 9 matches before being replaced by interim manager Lee Carsley, who stabilised the team's form before the appointment of Dean Smith in November 2015.

Previous Meeting

We beat Brentford in November. Joe Ralls and Danny Ward got the goals in a 2-0 win.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Brentford: Bentley, Dalsgaard, Egan, Bjelland, Barbet, Woods, Sawyers, Jozefzoon, Mokotjo, Watkins, Maupay

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Connolly, Bamba, Bennett, Ralls, Halford, Paterson, Feeney, Hoilett, Madine

Form - Last Three Games

Leeds United 1-0 Brentford
Brentford 5-0 Birmingham City
Sunderland 0-2 Brentford

Cardiff City 1-0 Bristol City
Ipswich Town 0-1 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 2-0 Bolton Wanderers

Match Odds

Brentford - 5/4
Cardiff City - 21/10
Draw - 12/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Looking for a ticket or 2
Please pm if you got a spare
Thanks

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:00 am

Brentford win for me sorry.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:37 am

And me

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 am

I would take a point but we have done well against the "footballing" sides away. Let's hope for another huge 3 points.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:44 am

1,650 Tickets Sold to Cardiff City Fans (Sold Out) :bluebird:

All Ticket / No Tickets on the day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:45 am

Brentford 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:32 am

Cardiff City moved four points clear of third-placed Aston Villa following their 1-0 Severnside derby win over Bristol City on Sunday afternoon.

Kenneth Zohore's 82nd minute strike settled the contest and stretched the Bluebirds' unbeaten run to eight matches, as well as increasing their winning run to four games.

It means Neil Warnock's troops are now just six points behind league leaders Wolves while they have a four point buffer over the rest of the top six.

And Warnock will no doubt be delighted that his side do not play again until they take on Brentford at Griffin Park on Saturday having lost a host of key players including captain Sean Morrison to injury of late.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:01 pm

This will be a tough game for the boys but I think we have a good chance. Not a bad team at Home with a quick and direct squad. Just hope they play mupay, Never know, might miss an open net

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 pm

0-2 to the mighty Bluebirds :bluebird:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:56 pm

I'd really like a ticket. Message me if anyone wants to sell. 07583888018

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:27 pm

2-1 win,five wins on the bounce again.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Nil nil.... Both teams. Not conceded many recently....

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:17 am

“ MY VEW ON BRENTFORD FC & CCFC STRENGTHS “

Brentford are a team I admire.

They have no star players, no loan players, their team picks itself and I can tell you which 11 out of 12 names will start against us and their bench will have 4 players who hardly play.

What they have is hard work, super work ethics and one hell of an attitude. Warnock spoke about teams punching above their weight - well Brentford are the champions in that department (beating us and Preston). I will be disappointed if we don't win - but then Brentford have disappointed many this season.

CCFC:

OUR DEPTH IS OUR STRENGTH :

We have a number of factors which make us a special team with a chance for promotion. A very key element is OUR DEPTH. With all the key injuries we have , our bench is still excelent.

Even with key players out (Morrison , Gunnarsson , Traore, Ward, Peltier , Jazz) Warnock can still keep out __ Mendez-Laing and Wildschitt two good players in their own right.

Can you name other key factors which are key to our success?

Warnock is an obvious one. Important playes are another (which ones?) , no big time Charlies is another, how about LUCK - do you think we've been lucky on the whole? (yes I can name few unlucky ones - Bristol away , Millwall away etc..

Please put your opinions. :thumbright:

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:38 am

Pubs to drink in on Saturday, :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 am

Janick71 wrote:Pubs to drink in on Saturday, :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

The Griffin is the nearest one to the away end and is always popular with away fans.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:26 pm

Just been looking at Brentford message board. They think the game will be called off by the looks of things.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Sam_89 wrote:Just been looking at Brentford message board. They think the game will be called off by the looks of things.

It wont be the pitch that's the problem, paths etc outside the stadium might be more of an issue.

They have pitch covers so snow should'nt be a problem, temps only just below freezing for part of day on Thursday and 5-6 degrees above on the Saturday. It might all change yet but I think the game will go ahead.

Better had do, i've got advance train tickets with no refund option :banghead:.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Hope it's still on. Got 2 nights hotel in London non refundable. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:32 pm

If anyone wants to sell tickets plz let me know

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:45 pm

My prediction is Brentford P-P Cardiff City

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:13 am

If the game is still on !
I think the score is 1-0 Cardiff
Bluebirds

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:08 am

Away Days Guide: Brentford

Griffin Park Information:

Capacity: 12,763
Away Stand Capacity: 1,650
Programme: £3.50
Pie: £3.50
Tea: £1.70
On Saturday (weather permitting), the Bluebirds travel to west London to take on the Bees. The Brook Road Stand is sold out, and 1650 will be making the 290 mile round trip along the M4, or, if you live in Leeds like me, the four and a half hour Megabus down the M1 at the crack of dawn – at £3.30, who can complain?

Travel

If you’re driving from Cardiff, come off the M4 at junction 2 and go back on yourself at the Chiswick roundabout along the A4 Great West Road slip road towards Heathrow, Staines and Hounslow. Carry along the road until you turn off left on the B455 towards Brentford, before you get to the Premier Inn. 400m forward and you reach the ground. From then on there is no parking at the stadium, so street parking is the main option.

If travelling by train, you’ll have to change at Reading for Virginia Water and then Brentford Railway Station, a five minute walk from the ground. An Adult Off Peak ticket will cost you around £77.

Alternatively, if you want more freedom to roam around London, an Adult Off Peak Day Travelcard to Paddington will set you back £83. The closest underground station to the stadium is Ealing Road, a 20 minute walk from the ground. From Paddington, take the Circle/Hammersmith and City line to Hammersmith and change for the Piccadilly line. South Ealing is the second stop on the line towards Heathrow.

Seating

Away fans are situated in the Brook Road Stand, also known as the “Wendy House” by some home fans. The stand consists of two tiers – a seated upper tier and a lower tier terrace. Expect there to be no “sit wherever” policy for this game due to our great sell out support.

Away Pubs

One of the most bandied around facts about Brentford is that Griffin Park is the only stadium in England to have a pub at all four corners of the ground. With all four deemed away fan friendly, it can become highly unlikely that you’ll remember any of the game.

Two of the pubs – The Griffin, situated at the corner of the Brook Road and Braemer Road stands, and the Princess Royal, at the corner of the Braemer Road Stand and Ealing Road Terrace – are Fuller’s pubs.

Both serve London Pride, while the Griffin can offer a wider range of Fuller’s ales. If you wish to catch Burnley v Everton, both pubs have the footy on the box, while you can also grab some traditional pub food before the game, as long as you have an arm and a leg to spare.

Located on the other side of the ground are two Wellington pubs – the Royal Oak at the Brook Road corner and the New Inn at the Ealing Road corner.

The Royal Oak has a regular serving of Sharp’s Atlantic while the New Inn will have Doom Bar on, as well as a changing beer. Sky will be on the screens in both pubs.

Alternatively, if like me you fancy more real ale than the usual offerings, the Magpie and Crown is situated in Brentford town centre, 8 minutes away from the station, and offers 6 cask ales as well as real cider.

With it scheduled to be 3C for the game, packing in the pints before the game might be a winning strategy.

It promises to be a great away trip, and three points here would be a big step towards a return to the big time.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:My prediction is Brentford P-P Cardiff City

Mine too. Even if weather is ok Saturday, anything that has come down from the sky is not going to instantly vanish. The way health & safety has gone, I would be surprised if there are not lots of games postponed this weekend.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Dean Smith on Cardiff

The Brentford boss has been talking about the Bluebirds at his press conference today:

DEAN SMITH:

"Cardiff have done fantastically. They have won four on the spin and I like what Neil Warnock does. He has got teams promoted and he has players that play for him and get results.
They deserve to be where they are and they have a great chance to get in that top two. Neil has got promoted to the top tier enough times to probably get more pats on the back than he does.
Whenever you come up against them you know that you are going to be in for a tough game and that’s what any set of supporters want.
They have some quality players and have scored some really good goals this season. They have beaten some really good teams and we will have to be at our best."

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:10 pm

" UPDATED "

Pitch inspection on Friday

1,650 Tickets were sold to Cardiff Fans :bluebird: :bluebird:

Brentford v Cardiff City, Saturday 3pm

Brentford are doing everything they can over the next 48 hours to ensure the game goes ahead at Griffin Park.

As things stand the game is on according to the Cardiff City Supporters Club, who have provided a weather update for the west London area.

The Bluebirds have cancelled their customary pre-match press conference amid suspicions the game could be in doubt of going ahead.

There is likely to be an inspection tomorrow.

The club are also understood to not be all that confident that the game will go ahead, although no official announcement is likely to be made until at least tomorow.

BRENTFORD FC

Brentford v Cardiff City

We are continuing to monitor the weather conditions ahead of the weekend's game
Plans are in place for the next 48 hours to do everything in our power to get the game on.

Surrounding roads will also have to be cleared.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:01 pm

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competiti ... ponements/

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Update from Brentford

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2018/m ... -01.03.18/

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:11 am

OPPOSITION VIEW: CARDIFF CITY

Friday 2nd March 2018

Cardiff’s season has gone from strength to strength with The Bluebirds yet to drop below fourth in the table. Can you summarise what you’ve seen over the past few months?

A lot of people have said that Cardiff’s success has come from them being a direct and physical team, but it hasn’t always been about that. They’ve often relied on the consistency of Junior Hoilett, the energy of Joe Ralls in central midfield and then a very solid defence. Neil Warnock has managed to fuse those things together and boost the squad’s morale and confidence with a few January signings, which is why they’ve been able to pick up from a poor Christmas period. They are very effective and know their strengths and weaknesses, which is probably one of the biggest reasons for their success.

Cardiff responded well after the last of those four defeats on New Year’s Day and are yet to be beaten since; do you think they’ve got what it takes to secure automatic promotion?

There’s still a long way to go. They’ve got crucial away games against Aston Villa and Derby County on the horizon, but I think they are a shoo-in for the Play-Offs. I can’t see them dropping off or having a slump as bad as those four festive defeats, but I’d say that the jury is out as to whether they’ve got it in them to challenge for the automatic places. Stranger things have happened and they seem to be rolling on with a lot of confidence at present.

Warnock is aiming for a record eighth promotion this season - how much of an impact has he had at the club?

Warnock’s had a huge impact – you can’t underestimate it. He’s installed a can-do mentality; people who were underperforming are now performing above and beyond what you might expect of them. Certain individuals like Ralls and Sean Morrison – who were already at the club - have been transformed and he’s brought in the likes of Hoilett and Sol Bamba who have become fulcrums of the team. He’s also added a few players such as Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and most recently Gary Madine in January who are both very physical. 18 months ago, Warnock took over a club that was underperforming and on its knees - it’s been all change since. No one would have expected Cardiff to be in the top two at this stage, but they are still there.

How are Cardiff likely to set up on Saturday?

It’s difficult to say as Warnock has been known to change it up quite a lot. He will try and fit his three centre-backs – Sean Morrison, Bamba and Bruno Manga – into the line-up, which usually means Manga slotting in at right-back. I can see it being something like a 4-3-3 with Hoilett and Mendez-Laing out wide, Kenneth Zohore up top, Ralls, Marko Grujic and probably Craig Bryson as the midfield three and then the back four with the aforementioned three and Joe Bennett at left-back. Warnock likes to pick specific teams for specific games so half that team could end up being different, you never know!

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:31 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=193626 PP