Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Will loan players really have the heart and passion for club

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:47 pm

it can work either way, some loan players show more passion /commitment because they want a perament move to the club / are in the shop window

would you prefer Taiwo as a permanent signing or Darron Gibson on loan????

lets see what the new year brings and judge the players on their performances

Gary O Niel and Jason Koumas were a great loan signings

Sack

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:49 pm

Will a signed player though?..Its all about money these days i`m afraid, :(

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:52 pm

If the loan signings are fringe players of big clubs and they get us to the promised land, they may wish to join on a permanent basis.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:09 pm

BlueView wrote:If the loan signings are fringe players of big clubs and they get us to the promised land, they may wish to join on a permanent basis.

completley agree,

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 pm

If the loan signing is made very welcome by everyone then I think they can quite easily play with passion for the couple of months they are here.

However I also think it depends on the players frame of mind and if they see the loan move as a step to enhance their career (Henri Lansbury on loan to Watford from Arsenal) or if they see the loan move as a downward step. (Capaldi to Leeds)

Personally I think the fact that a player is on loan or here permanently doesn't make a lot of difference because it's in there nature to play passionate or not.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:55 pm

Eddie was on loan and he did his damndest for us ........... pity he was a crap footballer , but we all saw how much it meant to him when he eventually scored for us.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:58 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:Eddie was on loan and he did his damndest for us ........... pity he was a crap footballer , but we all saw how much it meant to him when he eventually scored for us.

eddie got the makings of a good player, just needed confidence, if we had 4 loan players it would kick the others up the arse :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:59 pm

4 loan players with skill and Eddie's determination would be good

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:4 loan players with skill and Eddie's determination would be good

totally agree :ayatollah: