Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Family stand

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Now my boy's a little older thinking of getting him his first season ticket with me in the family stand.

I know he won't be able to make every game. Do the ticket office let you convert his ticket to an adult on occasion so a mate could come with me? We wouldn't then have a kid with us however! Not sure where the club stand on this.

Cheers in advance.

Re: Family stand

Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Think I found my answer. They won't let you unless you have a child with you.

Anyone know about buying elsewhere in the ground with kids price still 49?

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:06 pm

I used to have a ST in the grandstand with my old man when I was younger. They always let me swap my ticket for one off games to go with my mates. hope this helps

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:12 pm

I have done it over past seasons by paying the difference in price. Come on City do you want supporters or not.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:19 pm

I have a season ticket in the ninian stand. My son's is £49 too aslong as your a full paying adult, not a student etc.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:37 pm

nick_strin wrote:I have a season ticket in the ninian stand. My son's is £49 too aslong as your a full paying adult, not a student etc.

Me too. Great seats as well, and you can upgrade the ticket to an adult if you need to

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
nick_strin wrote:I have a season ticket in the ninian stand. My son's is £49 too aslong as your a full paying adult, not a student etc.

Me too. Great seats as well, and you can upgrade the ticket to an adult if you need to

Whereabouts in the Ninian? I was thinking of getting them near the front 1, cos they're cheaper and 2, he might prefer to be closer to the action.

Was worried how wet it is down there if it rains? I've only ever been near the back.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:09 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Whereabouts in the Ninian? I was thinking of getting them near the front 1, cos they're cheaper and 2, he might prefer to be closer to the action.

Was worried how wet it is down there if it rains? I've only ever been near the back.

You'll get soaked in first id say 10 rows :thumbright:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 pm

My ticket + son's (36 yrs old) + grandson's ticket (3 years old) are in the Family stand. My grandson goes to all afternoon games, but obviously not to night games (plastic I guess). My son & I go to the night games and there is no issue with us not having the little one with us. If we were asked, we would show his card to explain, although it shouldn't be needed. Don't know if his could be upgraded to adult for the odd game. Never tried it. The other point on this thread is the question of getting wet in the Ninian stand. My ticket used to be in the back row. We never used to get wet UNTIL the upper stand was built. As the roof line was lifted, there are now times when the wind is in the wrong direction and the rain now reaches the back row. So I guess the answer is you are not guaranteed to stay dry there. Hope this in some way helps. :bluebird:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:43 am

BLUE54 wrote:My ticket + son's (36 yrs old) + grandson's ticket (3 years old) are in the Family stand. My grandson goes to all afternoon games, but obviously not to night games (plastic I guess). My son & I go to the night games and there is no issue with us not having the little one with us. If we were asked, we would show his card to explain, although it shouldn't be needed. Don't know if his could be upgraded to adult for the odd game. Never tried it. The other point on this thread is the question of getting wet in the Ninian stand. My ticket used to be in the back row. We never used to get wet UNTIL the upper stand was built. As the roof line was lifted, there are now times when the wind is in the wrong direction and the rain now reaches the back row. So I guess the answer is you are not guaranteed to stay dry there. Hope this in some way helps. :bluebird:

Thanks for the reply, very useful. I might go for the family ticket. Share it with a mate and take my eldest boy to some games. He wont make all but as long as they're ok with just two adults using the ticket. Suppose I can always say he's ill! Also gives me a second child ticket for my littlest to come, although he's only a toddler, I'm sure he'll do a few games.