Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic takes aim at Cardiff City

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic takes aim at Cardiff City

Friday 2nd January 2018

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic claims that all the pressure is now on promotion rivals Cardiff City to finish the job and earn a place in the Premier League.

Despite stretching their unbeaten run to 12 Championship outings with their impressive 2-0 win over leaders Wolves, the Cottagers currently remain an outside bet in the automatic promotion race and sit in fifth, eight points adrift of the Bluebirds.

City boss Neil Warnock has made a point of attempting to play down his side's promotion credentials this season, while also describing Jokanovic's team as "the best footballing side" in the Championship.

How the Welsh sporting weekend has been affected by the weather - the current state of play for the team you support

But despite the Yorkshireman doing his best to keep expectations down, Jokanovic believes the Bluebirds are the ones most likely to be feeling the heat of the promotion race.

"We are relaxed and ready for the fight. Eight points is a huge number of points. They [Cardiff] are in a fantastic position and we are going to try, but they must lose the games for us to catch this position.

"It will depend on us, but even if we can win all the games, if they win all their games at the end of the season there won't be any solution for us.

"They are under pressure and that is how I observe the situation."

Jokanovic believes Cardiff City are under pressure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic takes aim at Cardiff City

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic takes aim at Cardiff City

Friday 2nd January 2018

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic claims that all the pressure is now on promotion rivals Cardiff City to finish the job and earn a place in the Premier League.

Despite stretching their unbeaten run to 12 Championship outings with their impressive 2-0 win over leaders Wolves, the Cottagers currently remain an outside bet in the automatic promotion race and sit in fifth, eight points adrift of the Bluebirds.

City boss Neil Warnock has made a point of attempting to play down his side's promotion credentials this season, while also describing Jokanovic's team as "the best footballing side" in the Championship.

How the Welsh sporting weekend has been affected by the weather - the current state of play for the team you support

But despite the Yorkshireman doing his best to keep expectations down, Jokanovic believes the Bluebirds are the ones most likely to be feeling the heat of the promotion race.

"We are relaxed and ready for the fight. Eight points is a huge number of points. They [Cardiff] are in a fantastic position and we are going to try, but they must lose the games for us to catch this position.

"It will depend on us, but even if we can win all the games, if they win all their games at the end of the season there won't be any solution for us.

"They are under pressure and that is how I observe the situation."

Jokanovic believes Cardiff City are under pressure

Warnock far experienced and clever to be bothered by someone trying mind games.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Thinly veiled 'I am now feeling the pressure & expectation so will try to get our fans to look at Neil Warnock in an attempt to distract our fans, owner and media before the spotlight is on me and we bottle it'.

Knicker-Sniffer.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Pressure is on all teams below city as they and Fulham particularly cannot afford to drop that many points :thumbup:

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Nonsense , are Man City feeling the pressure ...No

We just need to go about our business in a professional way preparing for each game as it comes.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Coming from a bloke who's team have spent 25-30 million this season in transfer fees and loan fees to call a team who have 5 of their 14 players signed in both windows on loan and only 3 attracting fees that cost over a million that's pretty funny. :lol:

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:35 pm

We aren't under any pressure . We were as short as 10-1 for relegation before season started.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:26 pm

:lol:

Amateur level mind a games.

He may as well have said, " I'm not crying, I've got something in my eye"

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Wayne S wrote::lol:

Amateur level mind a games.

He may as well have said, " I'm not crying, I've got something in my eye"

:D :clap:

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Pressure is on them. 8 points behind us, 4 behind Villa they can hardly afford a slip up now.

Derby away tomorrow plus a few other toughies to come.

They need 25 points from their last 12 minimum.

Even draws now will ramp it up for them and every win we get will put the squeeze on them further.

If we can put another run together then they could well slip away

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Even though I've got them as favourites to go up as I refuse to predict success for us

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Pressure is on them. 8 points behind us, 4 behind Villa they can hardly afford a slip up now.

Can't even afford draws now

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Even though I've got them as favourites to go up as I refuse to predict success for us

What in your opinion is success for us ? in mine, it's already been a successful campaign, now we need the cherry on top promotion :) :)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Walesaway1958 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Even though I've got them as favourites to go up as I refuse to predict success for us

What in your opinion is success for us ? in mine, it's already been a successful campaign, now we need the cherry on top promotion :) :)

It's been a great season.
Success comes in different levels though.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Pressure is on them. 8 points behind us, 4 behind Villa they can hardly afford a slip up now.

Can't even afford draws now

Even though Fulham are on a roll and a few pundits reckon they could catch us it does seem to me that Fulham believe it is in our own hands hence the mind game call.

For me Villa is our real threat and you don't see them playing these mind games to get an advantage.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:47 am

Fulham are the best team in the Championship I've seen this season(and last).
I hope we don't go into the playoffs coz I don't want to meet them.
They have one of the best players in the league in Sessegnon and two of the finest midfielders in Cairney and Johansen.
They totally outplayed us on Boxing Day and the movement from their three front players was superb.
Defensively though, Villa are stronger.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm

If we secure automatic promotion then that will be fantastic but if we are in the play offs then let’s be honest no team will fancy playing us.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:24 pm

The pressure is not on us. We're the underdogs and haven't spent alot so we're over achieving.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:The pressure is not on us. We're the underdogs and haven't spent alot so we're over achieving.

Jack, you're spot on! :ayatollah:

If Fulham were the 'best' team in the Championship this season (rather than the prettiest) they'd be above Wolves right now and running away with it!

Cardiff City have the best record in the last 6 games and the 'pressure is on Fulham to even better their run and whilst the confidence (and a little arrogance) is clearly there, they still have perform considerably better than their rivals, of whom now have a game in hand...and they still have to play us! :thumbright:

Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:The pressure is not on us. We're the underdogs and haven't spent alot so we're over achieving.

Jack, you're spot on! :ayatollah:

If Fulham were the 'best' team in the Championship this season (rather than the prettiest) they'd be above Wolves right now and running away with it!

Cardiff City have the best record in the last 6 games and the 'pressure is on Fulham to even better their run and whilst the confidence (and a little arrogance) is clearly there, they still have perform considerably better than their rivals, of whom now have a game in hand...and they still have to play us! :thumbright:

No they don't

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Whilst Fulham's run is remarkable and they are a fine footballing team, 8 points is a lot to make up they need to keep winning, hope we lose at least three more than them and match all of our other results. It's not impossible but it is a big, big ask.

For me the most important game is Villa.

If we can draw or beat Villa I think we can finish above them and it is a big ask for anyone to make up the rest of the ground - especially with Derby doing an erm... Derby at the minute.

However, let's not rule Fulham out completely, you never know Wolves end of season collapse could be even more spectacular than Derby's and Fulham could then rightly take their place behind us as the second best team in the division ;)

:thumbup:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:46 pm

I remember Dave Jones saying that the pressure was on Norwich.

Then we fell apart, got drubbed 3-0 by Boro at home after the players had been out on the piss.

Norwich got promoted, we lost in the play offs and DJ was out on his arse.

Let's hope a similar thing happens to Fulham!

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:13 pm

davids wrote:I remember Dave Jones saying that the pressure was on Norwich.

Then we fell apart, got drubbed 3-0 by Boro at home after the players had been out on the piss.

problem is ryan sessegnon isnt old enough to drink yet! :occasion5:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Warnocks to old and wise for mind games were taking this one game at a time and the play offs is still the aim. ;)

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
davids wrote:I remember Dave Jones saying that the pressure was on Norwich.

problem is ryan sessegnon isnt old enough to drink yet! :occasion5:

:lol: :clap: