Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WALES FANS OPINION NEEDED

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:36 pm

The Canton Corner is looking for fans' views on the new management and their expectations for the future for an article.

If you'd like to contribute, private message me your replies with your name to these questions:

Who did you want to be Wales manager?
Are you happy with Giggs's appointment?
What sort of football do you think he is going to play?
Assuming he sees out his four year contract, how well do you think we will do under his management in the Nations League, Euros and World Cup?
Who would be in your 23 man squad and why?

Thanks.

Re: WALES FANS OPINION NEEDED

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Out of what was on offer 'wanted' Giggs.

Reasonably happy to give the man a chance, He has worked under some of the best managers in the world and I believe he will have the respect of the players who will want to play for him.

Attacking, expansive, will always respect Coleman for what he gave us nobody can ever take the memories of 2016 away, however, we should be in the World Cup, he was far too negative towards the end and with the players we have coming through think it needs a fresh approach.

Without stating the obvious it realy could go either way, Nations League we are better or at least on par with both ROI and the Danes. We should qualify for the Euros the World Cup luck of the draw, that's why Russia was such a disaster as the group was there for the taking with no 'big gun' so to speak in there.

23 man squad, pretty much picks itself for us.

Re: WALES FANS OPINION NEEDED

Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Giggs deserves his chance at the poison chalice and out of the poor candidates on offer last time around for the vacant Welsh managers job, I thought he was our best option, But time will tell?

Undoubtedly played under great manager, winning team but I do question his ability to enthuse his squad.

Every interview , clip and commentary I have seen of him, he comes over as a bit of a "wet weekend", not inspirational at all - Dull in fact. Not to mention the brothers wife thing.

Mind you, I was one of those who also thought that chewing gum munching Chris Coleman was the wrong choice?

So what do I know?

As stated, I think Giggs deserves his chance. He may well get the respect of the current and future squad - we shall see?

Cymru Am Beth :old: