Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Momentum “

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:52 pm

That’s what worries me about the postponement of the Brentford match.

We’ve been on a great run recently, and earned a four point lead over 3rd. That could now be cut to one point, without us playing.

Easy for us to say we’ll have a game in hand, but obviously no guarantee we’ll win that.

Hopefully teams like Villa and Derby will drop points anyway though :ayatollah:

Re: “ Momentum “

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:58 pm

I think the rest will do us good , Sean Morrison being one who might need a bit more time to be fit .

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s what worries me about the postponement of the Brentford match.

We’ve been on a great run recently, and earned a four point lead over 3rd. That could now be cut to one point, without us playing.

Easy for us to say we’ll have a game in hand, but obviously no guarantee we’ll win that.

On the other side of the coin, Villa and Derby are on poor runs and are the complete opposite of us form wise. The last thing they both need is another game in testing conditions.

Fulham are the team I'm worried about and I expect them to win at Derby tomorrow. If we finish above Fulham, I think we will go up automatically.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:27 am

Villa draw today as will Derby and Fulham :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:24 am

Villa off today.
If Derby and Fulham draw or a Fulham win.
That would be nice.
Villa are away to Sunderland and then home to wolves their next two games, that would be perfect if they picked up less than 3 points, that would be nice and of course we win our next two games.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:32 am

Shall we forget about 2nd again then??

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:32 am

Villa and Wolves games are OFF

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:33 am

Villa and Wolves games are OFF

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:00 am

maccydee wrote:Shall we forget about 2nd again then??

:thumbup:

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:00 am

No.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s what worries me about the postponement of the Brentford match.

On the other side of the coin, Villa and Derby are on poor runs and are the complete opposite of us form wise. The last thing they both need is another game in testing conditions.

Fulham are the team I'm worried about and I expect them to win at Derby tomorrow. If we finish above Fulham, I think we will go up automatically.

Fulham are 2-0 up already.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Take that as Fulham cannot keep winning can they, Will this be 6 in a row? :o

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Take that as Fulham cannot keep winning can they, Will this be 6 in a row? :o

Unless Fulham get a few key injuries, I'm worried they will keep it going.

Shame the Wolves and Villa games were off, they can take a short break to regroup now. We just have to make sure we can keep it going ourselves.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:09 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

No.

:laughing6:

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:34 pm

Don’t worry about anyone else. If we focus on what we need to do one game at a time then it doesn’t matter what anyone else does. If we keep winning or at least bettering/matching the results of those below we go up.