Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CARDIFF DEBT?

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:46 pm

goats wrote:Will the club be able to make more money from food at the ground soon also? Maybe not such a big deal currently but if went up that’s 35000 people eating and drinking. Didn’t Ridsdale sell anyth8ng he could?

Think it's from next season don't quote me though? :laughing6:

Re: CARDIFF DEBT?

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
trentuniblue wrote:If we were to go up, I would like to pay off a sizeable chuck of the debt if possible to try and put us on a better foundation if we came back down. Obviously this would have to be balanced by spending needed elsewhere, but I do think bringing that debt down would be important

A 'balance' 100% has to be achieved and Neil Warnock must be like an owners dream financially! :thumbright:

If you listen to some, we (the club) don't have any 'debt', as it's all absorbed by Vincent Tan on a personal level, so it doesn't really exist! ;)

Surreal but true. They are out there! :shock:

Can't believe you think that Sven.

Of course it is absorbed by Tan. Its a bit like you buying a house outright then seeing its value drop. It you want to sell it you will have to take the lost. The same situation Tan faces with the club.

I think we have to agree to disagree here, My point is that the debt is only Tan's as long as he's prepared to carry the burden (presumable so long as he feels he can get a return on the monies laid out) but he can, at any time, decide the debt is simply not worth the hassle and effectively dump it back on the club itself in real terms in a number of ways

Thankfully, it's currently all semantics and I hope he is more benevolent to the club than some of our fans have been to him well after the fact :thumbright: