Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Would be sell out every week in the prem???

Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:16 pm

I think we would average around the 30k mark, could see us selling out against Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man city, Jacks, 30k for Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, 27-28k for the rest

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:22 pm

rossblue wrote:As the title says guys, if we were to go up, do you think we would sell out every week?? Given that we are closing in on promotion averaging less than 20k seems a little low.

Not that old chestnut ..... maybe in lucky red?

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:26 pm

I think we would probably get 29k upwards depending on who we were playing. Sell out for all the big clubs and if the jacks are still there then that would be a sellout no doubt!

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:08 pm

From this season it would seem the hardcore is around 16k really

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am

that's our family season ticket sorted. cant wait :bluescarf: :bluebird: :old:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 am

Big games, definite sell out, but even the lesser clubs would attract 23000+

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 pm

rossblue wrote:From this season it would seem the hardcore is around 16k really

Nah, the way I look at it is the ‘hardcore’ amongst the City fans are not the fans that are here this season but the fans that come no matter what. The hardcore are the supporters that would come regardless of if we are in second place in the championship or whether we are mid table in league 2.
That’s the hardcore of the club and that figure is way, way below 16,000 mate.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm

The hardcore are those who bought season tickets at start of season, expecting mid table at best

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Furte boy wrote:The hardcore are those who bought season tickets at start of season, expecting mid table at best

So the ones who bought a ST and have had them for years expecting to reach the play offs aren't hardcore... hmmm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 pm

No I don't think we would sell out every week.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:We'd sell over 26000 season tickets .

Problem is most would turn up at big games only

I think there’s a limit of season tickets you can sell as a percentage of capacity. Am I right on that?

Yes Neil, it was 22,500 last time when capacity was 27,500 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Club say they will be giving 15% of our 33,500 to away fans and also have to have tickets to buy per match :bluebird:

Interesting question this. I've done some digging (googling) and can find nothing definitive.

However, West Ham got 52,000 season tickets and their ground holds 57,000. That's in the region of 91% (91.23% to be precise) so I very much doubt there are any limits on Season Tickets.

On this basis, we could have 30,450 ST's which is 91% of 33,500 which would allow the away fans 3,050 tickets.

Or something like that :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:30 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
rossblue wrote:From this season it would seem the hardcore is around 16k really

Nah, the way I look at it is the ‘hardcore’ amongst the City fans are not the fans that are here this season but the fans that come no matter what. The hardcore are the supporters that would come regardless of if we are in second place in the championship or whether we are mid table in league 2.
That’s the hardcore of the club and that figure is way, way below 16,000 mate.

With you on this. I think the figure is way under 10k. If we were struggling back in the bottom division I think we would be back to the attendances we saw last time. I remember 5k being a reasonable gate for some games, and there were times when NP was positively rocking with over 8k for some of our bigger games. We attracted somewhere around an extra 10k fans once we got ourselves out of the bottom two divisions, but I think a lot of these would soon leave if we ended up back where we were in the 80's and early 90's.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Lawnmower wrote:31500 average would put us in the top 10.

Would need to sell about 26k season tickets for that.

Even an average of 25k would be 14th

There are a lot of sides in the prem with smallish grounds

.. and a lot of bigger sides in the Championship.

Leeds, Villa, Sheff Weds, Forest , Sheff Utd, Derby all have really good support and big grounds.

A few more would argue they should be on that list too

As a Boro fan i would argue we should be on that list. We averaged over 30,000 last season and over 25,000 this season
which has been underwhellming this season.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:13 pm

oriss wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:31500 average would put us in the top 10.

Would need to sell about 26k season tickets for that.

Even an average of 25k would be 14th

There are a lot of sides in the prem with smallish grounds

.. and a lot of bigger sides in the Championship.

Leeds, Villa, Sheff Weds, Forest , Sheff Utd, Derby all have really good support and big grounds.

A few more would argue they should be on that list too

As a Boro fan i would argue we should be on that list. We averaged over 30,000 last season and over 25,000 this season
which has been underwhellming this season.

Good attendances this season but you were going to 'smash the league.'
After your last relegation I seem to recall that like us you ended up in the low/mid teens doldrums.

You will, I think, make the play-offs and who knows what from there.