Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED: CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS DEMAND FA ACTION AGAINST WOL

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:04 pm

I am sorry but if Wolves have done something wrong then the FA are doing a bad job because they authorise the deals and go through the finances, really irritates me when things like this crop up because they have these FFP rules in place but don't seem to be enforcing them because clubs end up with transfer embargos and you have things like this, so why do the FA continue to authorise clubs business then a year down the line and turn around and say you've broke the rules you have to suffer a transfer embargo.

The FA really are terribly run from top to bottom.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I am sorry but if Wolves have done something wrong then the FA are doing a bad job because they authorise the deals and go through the finances, really irritates me when things like this crop up because they have these FFP rules in place but don't seem to be enforcing them because clubs end up with transfer embargos and you have things like this, so why do the FA continue to authorise clubs business then a year down the line and turn around and say you've broke the rules you have to suffer a transfer embargo.

Because ffp is spread over 3 yes it's always case of catch up which doesn't help if team get promoted to premier, as im sure premiership have slightly different rules ? Ffp is simply not fit for purpose as top teams just side step it just like PSG did this season . : :o

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Sounds like something dodgy is going on. Chinese owners have a stake in Mendes company, Mendes advises Chinese owners to purchase the club, club signs players that are Mendes clients.

Wolves have gone all or bust this season and (unless they seriously bottle it) looks like it will pay off. Even if they breach FFP rules any fines they get will be easily covered with promotion money. Honestly hope they choke though.

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS DEMAND FA ACTION AGAINST WOLVES

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Perhaps the fact that somehow they have managed to sign players who normally would be of interest to lots premier clubs? Why would they go to championship club in preference to premiership one where as been stated the money is better! Also could be conflict of interest with mendes as he instigated the signings whilst being part of wolves setup? Several questions that may need answering which is what clubs are asking. :old:

The questions you raise don't really have anything to do with FFP. What your questioning is Governance (conflict of interest). If Wolves have breached FFP then it will turn up in their annual accounts and if they have lost more than £39m over any three year cycle then they will face sanctions.

So if they are paying players £100kpw then it will eventually show up in the paperwork.

FFP was designed to stop clubs being loaded with debt whilst gambling on promotion to balance the books. If Wolves have found a way to sign top quality players on manageable wages without breaking player contract rules then good luck to them.

Mmmm sorry not mentioned ffp in this particular post and yes I am aware of rules of ffp! In this post I merely put some possible reasons why other clubs are asking questions about their signings. I don't think it's just sour grapes by several clubs but then again perhaps it is and city are one of these clubs? :thumbup:

Fair enough but none of the reports mention Governance (conflict of interest) only that the complaints surround FFP.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:52 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I am sorry but if Wolves have done something wrong then the FA are doing a bad job because they authorise the deals and go through the finances, really irritates me when things like this crop up because they have these FFP rules in place but don't seem to be enforcing them because clubs end up with transfer embargos and you have things like this, so why do the FA continue to authorise clubs business then a year down the line and turn around and say you've broke the rules you have to suffer a transfer embargo.

But the FA/EFL won't know if Wolves have done anything wrong until their audited accounts are published for this season which won't happen until much later this year or even next year.

Therefore the FA/EFL can't sanction Wolves until they have concreate paper evidence they have breached FFP.

That said I think a problem does arise when a club is promoted to the EPL which is governed by the FA when they have broken the rules in the Championship which is governed by the EFL.

I'm not 100% sure of this but I read somewhere that Bournemouth could face a huge sanction if they ever came back down to the Championship as they drove a cart and horses through FFP when they were promoted in 2014/15.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:12 pm

It is all to do with the agent regarding third party ownership they are meeting to investgate Thursday, remember West ham and tavez its not to do with ffp rules but the fact that mendez and the way the players are signed by him and the club, perhaps medez owns them and has loaned them to Wolves. There is something odd about the relationship between mendez and the club

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:It is all to do with the agent regarding third party ownership they are meeting to investgate Thursday, remember West ham and tavez its not to do with ffp rules but the fact that mendez and the way the players are signed by him and the club, perhaps medez owns them and has loaned them to Wolves. There is something odd about the relationship between mendez and the club

Very odd if you consider that mendez has a very high cliental Base, isn't josè and other top managers & players his? Why would he deal with championship club?

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

But the FA/EFL won't know if Wolves have done anything wrong until their audited accounts are published for this season which won't happen until much later this year or even next year.

Therefore the FA/EFL can't sanction Wolves until they have concreate paper evidence they have breached FFP.

That said I think a problem does arise when a club is promoted to the EPL which is governed by the FA when they have broken the rules in the Championship which is governed by the EFL.

I'm not 100% sure of this but I read somewhere that Bournemouth could face a huge sanction if they ever came back down to the Championship as they drove a cart and horses through FFP when they were promoted in 2014/15.

Thanks for clearing that up, never really thought about it like that but yeah you are correct.

The thing is Bournemouth are already there and don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon so if they were to come down all they get is a slap on the wrist and a fine? The punishment is just not good enough and they already enjoying every minute of every game and a fine won't hurt them too much, I think FFP is a load of tosh because teams will still be promoted no matter what if they break the rules later on the down the line so they still win at the end of the day.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:It is all to do with the agent regarding third party ownership they are meeting to investgate Thursday, remember West ham and tavez its not to do with ffp rules but the fact that mendez and the way the players are signed by him and the club, perhaps medez owns them and has loaned them to Wolves. There is something odd about the relationship between mendez and the club

Very odd if you consider that mendez has a very high cliental Base, isn't josè and other top managers & players his? Why would he deal with championship club?

I think he's from Portugal so perhaps he knows the Wolves manager?

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:35 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think he's from Portugal so perhaps he knows the Wolves manager?

Yes there is a connection between club mendez and obviously that's going to help getting players especially Portuguese ones? Wolves put 30m of talent on as subs that's ridiculous for champ side!