Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The mighty Jacks are staying up

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:16 am

So will there be a South Wales derby in the premier league next season.

I think you lot will go up in 2nd place.

Re: The mighty Jacks are staying up

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:17 am

LovetheSwans wrote:So will there be a South Wales derby in the premier league next season.

Jacks aint staying up so no...

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 am

The rivalry and banter between both sets of fans has become non existent in recent years.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:19 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:So will there be a South Wales derby in the premier league next season.

Jacks aint staying up so no...

I think they will.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 am

LovetheSwans wrote:The rivalry and banter between both sets of fans has become non existent in recent years.

Consider Bristol City more of a rivalry to be honest.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 am

LovetheSwans wrote:The rivalry and banter between both sets of fans has become non existent in recent years.

that's because you have been stinking out the Prem in the last few years and had nothing to brag or gloat about. As soon as the wheels fall off you go as quiet as mice apart from the constant moaning and bleating.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am

Of course you do, what was your attendance against Bristol City the other week ?.
If you were playing Swansea in the championship , you’d have a 33,000 sellout.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:25 am

LovetheSwans wrote:

Of course you do, what was your attendance against Bristol City the other week ?.
If you were playing Swansea in the championship , you’d have a 33,000 sellout.

Not sure this season mate... we are getting about 19k I believe and for a team fighting for auto that is actually terrible.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am

Hopski wrote:

that's because you have been stinking out the Prem in the last few years and had nothing to brag or gloat about. As soon as the wheels fall off you go as quiet as mice apart from the constant moaning and bleating.

Finishing 17th or above is enough to brag about for the majority of clubs in the PL.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 am

I think they will stay up and potentially go up further than 13th looking at their remaining fixtures. But I honestly don't give a monkeys if they do or not.

Only interested in us :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:41 am

We are both one-club cities, forty miles apart, and playing in different divisions. Only the parochial Welsh media hype it up. We've got the Wurzels to worry about, you've only got us. Sorry if we don't seem too interested.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:46 am

llangainbluebird wrote:

We are both one-club cities, forty miles apart, and playing in different divisions. Only the parochial Welsh media hype it up. We've got the Wurzels to worry about, you've only got us. Sorry if we don't seem too interested.

Your attendance v Bristol indicates not many see it as a huge derby match.
If it had been Swansea instead of Bristol, every seat would have been sold.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:47 am

llangainbluebird wrote:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:57 am

LovetheSwans wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

I doubt it would this season, if we were both in the Championship. Its33k now. Are you are real Swansea fan, or o plant from within this forum?

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:59 am

llangainbluebird wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

I doubt it would this season, if we were both in the Championship. Its33k now. Are you are real Swansea fan, or o plant from within this forum?

I’m a Swans fan from west Wales

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:17 pm

TBH I hope we are both in the Prem next season. Got to be good for Welsh football and the matches against you guys are always a great occasion.
Looks like Swansea have turned things around. Lets hope we keep the good form going. :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:18 pm

LovetheSwans wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

I'll take your word for it!

Bristol City is not a 'huge derby match', but a rivalry, (that goes back a long way), like that with Swansea. Bristol City's derby is really with the Gas, although the Wurzels downplay that these days, claimimg that we are their real rivals, (openly, at least). Probably just to wind the Gas up. Cardiff City fans have always looked east, as well as west, for footballing rivalries. I doubt if we would have had over 32k for a bubble trip Championship game with Swansea this season, at 12noon on a Sunday, with you restricted to about 1,400. Especially if Swansea had not been in the top flight since the 70s, and had been in league 1 in recent years. When/if we play you again, we will see.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:19 pm

BournvilleBlue wrote:TBH I hope we are Got to be good for Welsh football and the matches against you guys are always a great occasion.
Looks like Swansea have turned things around. Lets hope we keep the good form going. :bluescarf:

Yes it looks like CC has turned things around, we look a completely different side. Welsh derby in the PL would be great.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Fair play Swansea Town have had a decent run in the council rugby stadium

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:27 pm

really don't care if we play you or not makes no difference to me if we do go up only hope you go down don't miss games with you at all

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:32 pm

LovetheSwans wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

we have had sell out games againt bristol in the past and games over there are always good atmospheres the problem this year was the early kick didn't help and they didn't get the full allocation tickets as I said not bothered if we play you or not don't miss you at all you lot won't the Welsh Derby more we can take it or leave it

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Couldn't give a shit

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:14 pm

I hope you stay up, they may aswell start us on 6 points now :lol:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Not only have you got to come up,you then have to stay up like us :D

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Proud Jack wrote:Not only have you got to come up,you then have to stay up like us :D

Get back to your caravan

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi Roathy :wave:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Great to see their campaign to get their club back is going so well and fair play to them, their protest marches, social and media campaigns have been relentess since the 27 owners took over.

But not a whisper. A couple of wins and their happy to take yank cock up their methadone addled parochial arses yet again. I wonder if they'll actually do something when the asset stripping begins?

Sox Are Down.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:54 am

Can I ask why you weren't posting:

A: Before CC got you out of relegation spots

B: last week when you lost and dropped back into the relegation spots.

Is it a case of you'll only post when your not at the bottom?

Is it the case that should you lose your next game and others win seeing you again back in the bottom three we won't hear from you.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:35 am

:lol:
nubbsy wrote:Couldn't give a shit

:lol:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:23 am

FO Roathy