Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING : " NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS & UPDATES "

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:00 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: BREAKING : " NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS & UPDATES " :bluebird: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

Sean Morrison is back in training and could be in line for a start on Tuesday night v Barnsley :thumbright:

"Paterson was struggling with an injury too and it gave us a few extra days. He's got a chance [to face Barnsley] and we'll have a fitness test tomorrow." :thumbright:

"Kadeem has done well and he'll probably be in the squad tomorrow." :thumbright:

"Peltier and Traore should be back for the weekend but Tuesday will be too soon for them as I think they need training and Jamie Ward will play in the under-23s on Thursday to make sure he has a good hour.

"Aron Gunnarsson is back in full training"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING : " NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS & UPDATES "

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Cardiff City News

Monday 5th March 2018

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock says the disruption to his side's preparations for Tuesday night's clash with Barnsley could prove to be a huge benefit, with several injured stars given added time to recover.

The Bluebirds were due to travel to Brentford on Saturday, but the extreme weather conditions brought on by the 'Beast from the East' saw the fixture become one of many across the EFL to be postponed.

The vicious cold snap saw the team train on the turf of Cardiff City Stadium in the build-up to that trip to West London, with City only able to return to their regular training base on Monday.

Despite the stalling of Bluebirds momentum, with rivals Aston Villa also out of action, and Derby County losing to a resurgent Fulham, Warnock is keen to look at the positives of a weekend off.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"With all the snow it's obviously been a little horrendous," he said. "It's thrown us out but it's thrown everyone out. We've been back on the grass on the training ground today. We trained in the dome yesterday because it wasn't really fit enough.

"I think it affects everyone at this time of year."

"I don't think it's done us any harm. I think when you look at the work people like Junior Hoilett have done over the last six months, I think the lads were almost glad of a rest really.

"Paterson was struggling with an injury too and it gave us a few extra days. He's got a chance [to face Barnsley] and we'll have a fitness test tomorrow."

The Scot is not the only one edging closer to a return, with Warnock revealing that a clutch of first team players are also on the cusp of getting themselves back into the first team picture, including midfield enforcer Aron Gunnarsson, who has made his long-awaited return to full training.

"We've got one or two knocks but nothing new really," he added.

"Morrison, we're going to leave until last minute but he is training at the minute and Gunnarsson has been training too which is good news. He's back out on the grass and that's great for us.

"Peltier and Traore should be back for the weekend but Tuesday will be too soon for them as I think they need training and Jamie Ward will play in the under-23s on Thursday to make sure he has a good hour.

Sean Morrison is back in training and could be in line for a start on Tuesday night.

"He's fit again but I don't want to risk him until he's had a bit more playing time because he's not had much this year.

"Kadeem has done well and he'll probably be in the squad tomorrow."

As is the case with most of his old clubs, Warnock admits he still has a great deal of affection for Barnsley, and the form of Swansea City loanee Oli McBurnie has not gone unnoticed.

The Scottish striker has become a huge hit in South Yorkshire after netting four goals in as many league outings, and Warnock admits he's been impressed by his recent showings.

"He looks a good young player and he's taken his goals really well and he seems to be enjoying himself. I think that's what we're doing so well. My lads are enjoying it as well.

"But it's always a tough game against Barnsley, who are obviously one of my old clubs and I've got a soft spot for them, but we'll still be doing our best to get one over them."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:02 pm

:bluebird: " COME ON CARDIFF CITY TURN UP IN YOUR THOUSANDS & BE NEIL WARNOCKS 12TH MAN " :bluebird:

VINCE ALM:

Weather looking better for Barnsley home next Tuesday 6th March; Temperatures up to 7 degrees Sunday, and 9 degrees Monday and Tuesday; Get your tickets online at the early bird price and support the boys; 12 cup finals to go, and there was a good atmosphere against Bristol lets see if we can keep it going.

Don't expect pretty champagne football this time of the season! Barnsley are fighting for their lives this will be another scrap in Warnock we trust

ADULTS £18 NINIAN STAND & £5 UNDER 16'S :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:03 pm

BRENTFORD AWAY REARRANGED FOR TUESDAY 13TH MARCH 2018 :thumbright: :bluebird:

The game will now be played on Tuesday, 13th March (7:45pm) and has been selected for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

Originally scheduled to take place on Saturday, 3rd March 2018, the fixture was called off due to adverse weather conditions at Griffin Park.

Further information regarding ticketing will be announced shortly.

Cardiff City's Sky Bet Championship home match with Wolves has been selected for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

The fixture - originally scheduled for 3pm on Saturday, 7th April 2018 - will now take place at 7:45pm on Friday, 6th April 2018.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Great news that Gunarsson is back in full training, that will be crucial for the run in...

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:28 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:Great news that Gunarsson is back in full training, that will be crucial for the run in...

100% Agree :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Glad to hear Kadeem has recovered from having his lights put out the other night!

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:49 pm

davids wrote:Glad to hear Kadeem has recovered from having his lights put out the other night!

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Looks like you smelt something....

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:46 am

Gunnarsson back just as international break approaches hmm

What’s the odds on him going to Iceland to play on internationals

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:51 am

Gunnarsson got to get match fit. With basically 10 games to play.
Wouldn't get a look in for me as he's out of contract end of the season.
We would basically get him fit for the world cup.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:39 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Gunnarsson got to get match fit. With basically 10 games to play.

Don't agree with this. He's been a great servant to Cardiff City and would fight for us until the end.

:bluescarf:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Nothing will stop him going away with Iceland!!! that's been the problem..him putting Iceland before us!!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Nothing will stop him going away with Iceland!!! that's been the problem..him putting Iceland before us!!

Understandable I think...

Country before Club for me and they are the most successful they have ever been with him being captain.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:00 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Nothing will stop him going away with Iceland!!! that's been the problem..him putting Iceland before us!!

Country before Club for me and they are the most successful they have ever been with him being captain.

how can it be country before club when the club pay his wages.

your speaking as a fan i guess, which is fair enough, but not the way it should work as a professional

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:45 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:Gunnarsson got to get match fit. With basically 10 games to play.

Don't agree with this. He's been a great servant to Cardiff City and would fight for us until the end.

:bluescarf:

Warnock will know all of this, and will only play him if he can add value, but would be happy to leave him out if he's not ready, World Cup or not.

Personally I think he will run through walls in training, to get himself selected playing and ready for the World Cup, which can only be good news at this time of the season, but he will have his work cut out we have some decent midfielders so he will have to be good to take his opportunity, when/ if it comes !!!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

your speaking as a fan i guess, which is fair enough, but not the way it should work as a professional

Then why does everyone hate Ryan Giggs so much? it depends which side of the fence you sit on I suppose.
As a player you should be more loyal to the club that pays your wages but I can't honestly say I would be more loyal to Cardiff over Wales :thumbright:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:59 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Then why does everyone hate Ryan Giggs so much? it depends which side of the fence you sit on I suppose.
As a player you should be more loyal to the club that pays your wages but I can't honestly say I would be more loyal to Cardiff over Wales :thumbright:

yeah but i think that speaks more to the general apathy you personally have than anything else.

the giggs thing was in extreme though, as a club fan you want your player fit and able to play for you, as a fan of a country you want all good available players playing. Club V Country doesnt mean never playing for your country.

Personally see no issue with him playing for iceland, as long as hes looked after , itll be around the time he would be playing u23 games for us anyway. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluebird: :bluebird: BREAKING : " NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS & UPDATES " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Jamie Ward will play in the under-23s on Thursday to make sure he has a good hour.

Didn't expect that. Thought he was out for the season. Good news if we can get him fit and on the bench.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:33 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

yeah but i think that speaks more to the general apathy you personally have than anything else.

the giggs thing was in extreme though, as a club fan you want your player fit and able to play for you, as a fan of a country you want all good available players playing. Club V Country doesnt mean never playing for your country.

Personally see no issue with him playing for iceland, as long as hes looked after , itll be around the time he would be playing u23 games for us anyway. :ayatollah:

Not knocking the Giggs haters... I think he's a boring idiot... :thumbright:
Hopefully we can get him on atleast another year deal then he will be worth something at least :thumbright:
huge respect for Gunnars.