Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City loanee Stuart O'Keefe drops hint "

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Cardiff City loanee Stuart O'Keefe drops hint over his future

Monday 5th March 2018

Cardiff City loanee Stuart O'Keefe says he expects Portsmouth boss Kenny Jackett to hold discussions with Bluebirds counterpart Neil Warnock over his future, and has suggested he would be open to another spell on the south coast.

The midfielder arrived at Fratton Park in August and was initially a first team regular before picking up a groin injury in December.

The 26-year-old has made 19 appearances for Pompey this season, scoring two goals, and is targeting a return to action at the end of this month.

But with the season now entering its final straight, O'Keefe is already thinking about where his long-term future now lies, with his current deal at the Cardiff City Stadium set to run for one more year.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock was initially hesitant to let the midfielder leave the Welsh capital at the beginning of the season, but has since strengthened his midfield options as part of his side's promotion bid, meaning that O'Keefe is likely to find first team opportunities difficult to come by.

A move away could well be on the cards, with the player himself already hinting that he would be open to a return to Fratton Park.

STUART O'KEEFE:

He told The News : "I have another year at Cardiff.

Stuart O'Keefe admits he's not sure what the future holds, but has hinted he would be open to another spell on the south coast
"I have to make sure I get fit as soon as possible and let that take care of itself.

"I am not sure what the agreement is other than the loan.

"First I will go back there in the summer. The two clubs will have a chat and we will go from there.

"If Portsmouth want me to sign, I don’t know.

"It’s a fantastic club with great potential. I have really enjoyed my time here, but I am still contracted to Cardiff for another year."

Questions are also likely to surround the future of fellow loanee Matty Kennedy, whose deal with Cardiff runs out in the summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.