Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

football special train

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:52 am

Anyone know if it would be feasible to run them again?.ones I remember going on Leicester and man city fa cup.Pompey 83 Bristol rovers many times.

Re: football special train

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:35 pm

skiprat wrote:Anyone know if it would be feasible to run them again?.ones I remember going on Leicester and man city fa cup.Pompey 83 Bristol rovers many times.

yeah bring them back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Next stop, Stapleton Road!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Next stop, Stapleton Road!

:old: :thumbright:

Loved going to Eastville.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:59 pm

skiprat wrote:Anyone know if it would be feasible to run them again?.ones I remember going on Leicester and man city fa cup.Pompey 83 Bristol rovers many times.

Yes Happy days. I was on the Leicester and Man City train. Oxford was always a good one as well even though it was a long way to the ground. Some times they would run 3 trains to the Bristol clubs and I remember 2 going to Birmingham. Apparently the police would be supportive of a return as it helps them. However you get the feeling that you would still be marched to the stadium (Leicester) or bussed (Man City).

The problem is that the train companies don't have the spare capacity anymore. Apparently some clubs have chartered trains on very limited occasion.

A better option would be to charter a carriage(s) which can be done. What it needs is someone with the time and inclination to organise it. I for one would be more than happy to pay a premium of at least £10 over the coach price to go on the train. I am sure if you could charter a carriage for say £2,500 to London and back you would easy get 70 people paying £35 each. Logically it would be in the train companies interest as it would keep us out of the way of the other travellers. (Train back from Southampton in the Prem was so packed with City fans that many of us just went back to the pub and got the next one.) It would need to be self policed by some of the old school to ensure no idiots ruined it for everyone.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Good post.i used to love it when the train pulled and everyone got on to the platform at once.Leicester was amazing .the noise of the city fans singing under the station roof was incredible.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:07 pm

skiprat wrote:Good post.i used to love it when the train pulled and everyone got on to the platform at once.Leicester was amazing .the noise of the city fans singing under the station roof was incredible.

Yes I remember that buzz as soon as we pulled in at an away game. Hanging out the window singing and shouting as we were arriving and be jumping off before the train came to a halt. Thought we ruled the world!