Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: “ CARDIFF TONIGHT WERE MADE TO FIGHT “

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:40 pm

My View/Opinion

BARNSLEY MADE CARDIFF CITY FIGHT FOR ALL THE WAY TONIGHT FOR THE 3PTS :bluebird:

Cardiff City 2nd in the Championship. :bluebird:

Sadly Cardiff ran out to a more than half-empty stadium.

The atmosphere for most of the game was that bad that you could hear the 150 Barnsley fans singing. :cry:

Warnocks players are now 9 matches unbeaten and looking good For Automatic promotion. :thumbright: :thumbright:

City should of wrapped this game up, but kept City fans biting their nails till the final min.

First-half even though Barnsley had plenty of possession in the first 25 mins, City created all the chances and deserved their lead.

CARDIFF CITY 2 BARNSLEY 1 :thumbright: :thumbright:
Crowd 16,176
Away Support 182

City: Etheridge, Manga, Connolly, Bamba, Bennett; Bryson, Paterson, Grujic, K. Harris, Hoilett, Zohore
Subs Murphy, Halford, Damour, Mendez-Laing, Wildschut, Feeney, Pilkington

Relegation threatened Barnsley had most of the play in the first 25mins, but Cardiff created at least two clear cut chances.

In the 31st min Lee Paterson pushed up into the no.10 role and opened the scoring! Zohore had missed his chance from Harris’ cross,but the Scotsman rolled home with his left foot. 1-0 City :bluebird:

City then dominated the rest of the half and Calum Paterson in the 46th min had a goal disallowed for off-side.

H/T 1-0 :bluebird:

Grujic with in mins scored for City to make it 2-0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

It looked plain sailing but City went to sleep and Barnsley scored 60th min 2-1.

Grujic was replaced by Greg Halford.

Paterson was replaced by Damour.

Barnsley then nearly scored again saved on the line by City.

Mendez-Laing replaced Kadeem Harris.

Barnsley really made Cardiff fight for every ball.

City hit the post and missed an open goal in the final minutes.

F/T 2-1

MY MAN OF THE MATCH CALLUM PATERSON :thumbright: :bluebird:

UP NEXT THIS SATURDAY BIRMINGHAM CITY HOME :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: “ CARDIFF TONIGHT WERE MADE TO FIGHT “

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Grujic seemed to walk off ok I assume he must have got a knock rather than a tactical substitution

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Players deserve a big turnout Saturday !

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 pm

God 2-0 and cruising and then completely let them back into the game which they duely obliged.Hoilett different class in the first half,my MOTM.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:52 pm

palerider wrote:Grujic seemed to walk off ok I assume he must have got a knock rather than a tactical substitution

He had been booked and was still leaving his foot in a lot

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 pm

:bluebird:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:02 pm

Dug deep and ground out a 2-1 that shoulda been 4-0 IMO

Good to see you all. :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 pm

After we went 2-0 up we became complacent and I assume the Grujic sub had to be for injury, because as soon as he came off we lost the midfield battle and Paterson coming off didn't help and we were effectively battered in the midfield for 30 mins. I thought we missed Ralls massively and Bryson is utter sh** always chasing shadows and 2 seconds 2 late to every challenge, and disappears in the game all the time. But thought we battled hard and the 3 pts is the most important thing, and Etheridge, Grujic, Hoilett and Zohore were brilliant tonight and put in a huge shift.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 pm

It was another makeshift team really with Ralls and Morrison ,probably our two best players missing out. The fact we were made to fight and responded was very pleasing indeed. Patterson really is putting in a shift week in week out -MOM

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The atmosphere for most of the game was that bad that you could hear the 150 Barnsley fans singing. :cry:

Should've stood in the Canton, annis! Atmosphere was buzzing down this stand, one of the best I've heard all season.

Also full credit to you lads at the back in 103, don't stop singing no matter what!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:44 pm

PtB wrote:Dug deep and ground out a 2-1 that shoulda been 4-0 IMO

Paul, I have to agree! :thumbright:

That horrid beanpole whose name sounds like a Saturday night 'special' from McDonalds (McBurnie :lol: ) was starting to bite in front of us and I swear he tried 50% harder out of pure frustration at the stick he got. It just had to be him that scored their goal, didn't it? :roll:

Hilarious when he finally bit big-time and did the campest 'Swim Away' I've ever seen! :laughing5: :laughing5:

Garry Monk up next and I'm sure he'll get the reception he deserves! :thumbright: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Sven wrote:

That horrid beanpole whose name sounds like a Saturday night 'special' from McDonalds (McBurnie :lol: ) was starting to bite in front of us and I swear he tried 50% harder out of pure frustration at the stick he got. It just had to be him that scored their goal, didn't it? :roll:

Hilarious when he finally bit big-time and did the campest 'Swim Away' I've ever seen! :laughing5: :laughing5:

Garry Monk up next and I'm sure he'll get the reception he deserves! :thumbright: :laughing6: :laughing6:

I did find it amusing given that until the game kicked off he was a total nobody! As soon as the chants started I knew he’d score but to celebrate like that at 1-2 was a bit silly!

Thankfully we got ourselves conposed for the last 10 or so and should have scored more.

Enjoying a few drinks in town now, far too long since I managed a home game!

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:30 am

9 games undefeated now and 5 straight wins in a row :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:37 am

Sven wrote:

I was at the back of the stand behind you Chris and we were all chanting and giving him stick up there.
Was hilarious and the best laugh I’ve had all season watching him second half.
There’s some funny guys sitting in that area as well. :laughing6:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:31 pm

It all changed when Grujic went off lost the midfield and if Barnsley had start the game like they finished it they wouldn’t have found themselves two goals down