Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "Fulham will catch Villa and Cardiff"

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am

Wayne S wrote:So says Alan McInally on Sky Sports.

Typical one-eyed tosh from the media. I was listening to these tossers after the Fulham v Wolves game. They only mentioned us as promotion candidates as an after thought. Let em ignore us I say...

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:04 am

Old Millwall are sneaking up quietly to those play off spots, could be a dark horse

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:45 am

Bluebina wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:Another chance this weekend to extend the gap between us, Villa and Fulham.

We're home to Birmingham
Villa home v Wolves
Fulham away v Preston

With a game in hand over Fulham, potentially 11 points clear of them come next Tuesday.

Come on Preston !!!

Come on Preston and if you can't beat them at lease injure a few !!!

Wolves win or a draw to Villa ?? Probably Wolves win, especially if they lose or draw tonight !

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am

cmorris1927 wrote:Everyone going on about Fulham’s amazing run.. this is the form over the last 8 games, not including tonight.
They are no closer to us now than they were 8 games ago

Leeds not even in the top 20 on current form :o

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Leeds v Wolves will be interesting, if Wolves don’t win then the pressure on them will be getting bigger. For example, even if they get a point and the rest of this happens:

Leeds v Wolves - DRAW
Cardiff v Birmingham - HOME WIN
Preston v Fulham - AWAY WIN
Aston Villa v Wolves - HOME WIN

IF, and it’s only an if obviously, this is how the table would look with ten games to go (Fulham would have nine to go):

Wolves - 74 points
Cardiff - 73 points
Aston Villa - 69 points
Fulham - 68 points

That is why I think Wolves have to win at Leeds. I can’t see them winning at Villa (I expect them to lose that). If they don’t win either of those two games, it will be five games without a win and their huge lead evaporated. Confidence is a huge factor in any clubs going for promotion, as we can see by us and Fulham. In reality, Villa messed up. They had a chance to get a lead over us before our winning streak but got a few dodgy results. That’s what I mean by confidence.

Wolves are in danger of messing this up completely. After the weekend, there’s a strong possibility they will be the team in the top four who are out of form going into the final stretch.

I think they’ll draw at Leeds and lose at Villa. Their main man Neves is suspended for the Leeds match.

As a side note, I genuinely feel out of the top four that Fulham are the only club who could bounce back in the play-offs. I don’t think Wolves would do it because of shock at not winning the league and their fans would be more edgy than other club’s.
With us and Villa, I think the disappointment would be too much.

I’ve stuck a tenner on Preston to go up at 14/1. There’s normally a team that unexpectedly makes the play-offs, and I think it could be them. If they then make the top six, they’re difficult to beat.

That reply went on longer than I expected :lol:

Preston away is not easy, i'm hoping they can beat Fulham and break their good run !!!!

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:59 am

Other sky pundits said we could win championship last night :thumbup:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 pm

Fulham do look very strong but it wasn't to long ago so did Derby and at one time Bristol. I think there will be plenty of twists and turns yet. Who would have thought Wolves would have been on the run they are at the moment.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Other sky pundits said we could win championship last night :thumbup:

These guys.... :thumbright:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:30 pm

I'm more than happy to be under the radar. Means there's a chance teams will underestimate us little cardiff

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm

Wolves at home will be a massive occasion, if we beat them and go top at their expense, I can hear the chants now, you were top and you fucked it up.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:37 pm

rossblue wrote:I'm more than happy to be under the radar. Means there's a chance teams will underestimate us little cardiff

Always been the same mate... everyone hates us :laughing5:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:42 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
rossblue wrote:I'm more than happy to be under the radar. Means there's a chance teams will underestimate us little cardiff

Always been the same mate... everyone hates us :laughing5:

Oh well. Each to their own

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Why not wolves aswell come sat afternoon we could be level on points with them? :old:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Why not wolves aswell come sat afternoon we could be level on points with them? :old:

Not likely now, Leeds are awful