Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ WARNOCK: MY MISSUS COULD HAVE PUT IN MISSED CHANCES “

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Tuesday 6th March 2018

By Dominic Booth

Neil Warnock was left fuming that striker Kieffer Moore wasn't sent off during Cardiff City's 2-1 win over Barnsley , suggesting the Tykes' physicality was over the top.

The Bluebirds boss lauded his players for standing up to the physical test brought by the visitors, but was unhappy with two challenges by Moore.

There were boos from the Cardiff City Stadium crowd as the striker was only shown yellow for a late challenge on Cardiff goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, with Warnock spotting an alleged elbow on Bruno Manga.

Warnock was unhappy with referee Robert Jones, but relieved that Cardiff survived a nervy second half to claim all three points.

"Tonight was a bruising battle but don't ever accuse my team of being physical when you see what they've done tonight," he said.

"How Kieffer Moore has not been sent off twice, I will never know.

"The first one on 40 minutes he deliberately elbows Manga when he's nowhere near him. The second one Etheridge has the ball in both hands and (Moore) knows what he's doing and slides in and follows in and catches him. It's a disgrace.

"I can only think it's an inexperienced referee but things like that shouldn't be allowed to happen - and you talk about my team being physical. You expect at this levels that officials will be good enough to spot that. He obviously hasn't seen it.

"So I'm extra pleased that we've stood up to that and not resorted to anything and got the win."

The Bluebirds might have sealed a more comfortable win but Craig Bryson and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing missed late chances.

"We didn't make it easy for my age by missing two or three chances that my missus could have put in," added Warnock.

"It made for a difficult evening but I was right proud of them.

"All credit to my lads, another three points and we move on. I can't fault the lads."

Re: “ WARNOCK: MY MISSUS COULD HAVE PUT IN MISSED CHANCES “

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Should have seen red for that assault on etheridge

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Should have seen red for that assault on etheridge

True, as I'm in the Canton I didn't really see it, but watching it back on Sky Sports News, it was a horrible challenge. Etheridge had the ball and 3 seconds later that w**ker dives in two footed, off the ground with studs showing.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:49 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Should have seen red for that assault on etheridge

Paul, the ball was clearly Etheridge's and the player had plenty of time to pull out, so it should have been red!

I'm not convinced the referee wasn't going to give that initially but seemed to change his mind :(

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:16 am

We were directly in front of it and Moore saw that Etheridge had both hands on and also was covering his head as per usual in case of impact. The coward then actually lifted his studs up whilst he knew the refs view was shielded by his back. That could have been really nasty and was a nailed on red. The city players saw it all and showed great restraint but Moore deserves someone to leave a nice mark on him and one that ends his season. Shitbag.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:19 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:We were directly in front of it and Moore saw that Etheridge had both hands on and also was covering his head as per usual in case of impact. The coward then actually lifted his studs up whilst he knew the refs view was shielded by his back. That could have been really nasty and was a nailed on red. The city players saw it all and showed great restraint but Moore deserves someone to leave a nice mark on him and one that ends his season. Shitbag.

Paul, the thought that we had no more subs available crossed my mind and I'm sure Moore's too! :evil:

A very low point of the game and I guess that's what you get playing alongside a 'Jack' (who was the entertainment tonight, as he was biting like a good one over by us! :laughing6:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 am

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:We were directly in front of it and Moore saw that Etheridge had both hands on and also was covering his head as per usual in case of impact. The coward then actually lifted his studs up whilst he knew the refs view was shielded by his back. That could have been really nasty and was a nailed on red. The city players saw it all and showed great restraint but Moore deserves someone to leave a nice mark on him and one that ends his season. Shitbag.

Paul, the thought that we had no more subs available crossed my mind and I'm sure Moore's too! :evil:

A very low point of the game and I guess that's what you get playing alongside a 'Jack' (who was the entertainment tonight, as he was biting like a good one over by us! :laughing6:

We all love the physicality of the game Chris but for Moore ro purposefully lift his studs whilst sliding into Etheridge and aiming for his head is beyond cowardly. And I think your right that he knew we had no more subs too. In years gone Moore would have been snapped as payback but there you go.

It was good to hear the crowd giving the jack a hard time too!

And I love those guys in the Ninian with the Iceland flag who always do the England Run from Russia chant whilst dancing! Class. :thumbup:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:53 am

good point on the restraint, in the melee it looked like benett had him by the throat in the net, for me it would have been one of those occasions i could understand someone getting a red for giving him a dig.

absolute shit house challenge that - f*cking coward

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:09 am

Saw the video not long ago. Looks like a red card.

But as I said in another topic, the referee doesn’t have a clear view of it so difficult for him to judge. Didn’t see the assistant referee’s position from the video I saw so can’t comment on whether he could have helped the referee.

Also said on the other topic, I think retrospective action can’t be taken if the match referee has issued a booking - may be wrong though?

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:54 am

Lino had a clear view from the Grandstand side, but frankly it was so late that it doesn't matter whether it was studs or not, the goalkeeper has possession, lying prone on the ground, the attacker deliberately clatters him late - that is dangerous play risking an opponent regardless of studs.

As a former keeper myself, it was a disgusting foul, cheap, cowardly and deliberate. I always liked being in goal cos I could give it a bit of contact (Sunday vets league, so...) but that was well past, over and a mile away from any line you care to mention.

On another note I thought Barnsley played some decent football, like passing to each other and moving to receive the ball back. We on the other hand were like a team of utter strangers...who just happened to win the match :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:21 pm

I was in Canton and had my head in my hands watching it, honestly thought it could been a Cech x2 it was horrific.

How he escaped a red and Etheridge escaping is serious injury is another thing.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:18 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I was in Canton and had my head in my hands watching it, honestly thought it could been a Cech x2 it was horrific.

How he escaped a red and Etheridge escaping is serious injury is another thing.

barnsley forum acting like it was nothing and an over-reaction

wasnt a 50-50 ball, which would have been fine, he went in to do him well after he had control of the ball. shocking

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:51 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

good point on the restraint, in the melee it looked like benett had him by the throat in the net, for me it would have been one of those occasions i could understand someone getting a red for giving him a dig.

absolute shit house challenge that - f*cking coward

It was a shocker Paul - his sole intention was to cause a head injury. I hope karma catches up with cowardly Kieffer soon.