Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCE ALM: “ CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 am

VINCE ALM:

Well done to all the Cardiff supporters who made the effort to go down tonight and cheer the team onto another win.

Wasn't pretty no games will be now everyone is fighting for something in March. Previous teams and managers we probably only got a point or nothing from tonight's game, but against all the odds with our jinxed injury ravaged squad, Neil Warnock and the coaching staff are doing the business with the players who in turn are responding.

Well done to everyone who is making the effort week in week out to support the Team.

I hope you are all rewarded for your loyalty and passion. It won't be through lack of effort from everyone involved.

Barely 16,000 fans there, let’s fill the stadium starting Saturday :bluebird:

11 cup finals left see you all Saturday

Re: VINCE ALM: “ CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:04 am

Spot on from Vince, we wouldn’t have won that under any of our recent managers going back up to and excluding Malky.

We deserve a bigger crowd for Birmingham.

Finally beginning to get some good reports from the English press over our form (apart from BBC, who’s campaign for us to fail goes on), but our crowds are still a laughing stock with other Championship fans.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:08 am

Dire game, but to be fair we stuck it out and got the points, we need to be so much better to have any hope of automatic promotion, seem to be cursed with injuries

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 am

It’s difficult to create any playing rhythm seeing we have a continual revolving door on the starting eleven due to injuries ! Fantastic effort by Warnock, his coaches and the players to keep us in the play off mix never mind top 2 :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

You have to admire the likes of Connolly,Halford,etc who do a solid professional job when they step up knowing that they will never be crowd favourites or regular starters ..... :ayatollah: :clap:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:55 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Spot on from Vince, we wouldn’t have won that under any of our recent managers going back up to and excluding Malky.

Finally beginning to get some good reports from the English press over our form (apart from BBC, who’s campaign for us to fail goes on), but our crowds are still a laughing stock with other Championship fans.

Get your point but frankly I could not not give a monkeys what others think of our crowds. We are 2nd they arent :ayatollah: :D

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:57 am

billy ronson wrote:It’s difficult to create any playing rhythm seeing we have a continual revolving door on the starting eleven due to injuries ! Fantastic effort by Warnock, his coaches and the players to keep us in the play off mix never mind top 2 :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

You have to admire the likes of Connolly,Halford,etc who do a solid professional job when they step up knowing that they will never be crowd favourites or regular starters ..... :ayatollah: :clap:

yes. Well said. They have come in to the team and done exactly what was expected of them.Solid

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:06 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Spot on from Vince, we wouldn’t have won that under any of our recent managers going back up to and excluding Malky.

We will automatically have a bigger crowd against Birmingham by virtue of the fact they will bring 2,000 more fans than Barnsley did and with the added extra of a Saturday fixture we will get 20,000 plus on Saturday I am sure.

That's not to say last night's crowd wasn't disappointing but unfortunately fans didnt buy into us at the start of the season and we are relying on walk up which for whatever reason just isn't happening.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:42 am

RV Casual wrote:

We will automatically have a bigger crowd against Birmingham by virtue of the fact they will bring 2,000 more fans than Barnsley did and with the added extra of a Saturday fixture we will get 20,000 plus on Saturday I am sure.

That's not to say last night's crowd wasn't disappointing but unfortunately fans didnt buy into us at the start of the season and we are relying on walk up which for whatever reason just isn't happening.

Our walk up crowds have always been low average about 4k over past 10yrs? So what we are seeing is a normal crowd for city and it as nothing to do with any other reason other than fact we don't have the floating fans we think we have. But saying that if need 3pnts last game season grantees 30k crowd so where are those extra fans now???? Very odd indeed :old:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 am

campaign for us to fail?? not sure where to start with this but its definitely a little ironic!

have the bbc run a story saying cardiff fans should forget all hope of the top two?

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:VINCE ALM:

Well done to all the Cardiff supporters who made the effort to go down tonight and cheer the team onto another win.

Wasn't pretty no games will be now everyone is fighting for something in March. Previous teams and managers we probably only got a point or nothing from tonight's game, but against all the odds with our jinxed injury ravaged squad, Neil Warnock and the coaching staff are doing the business with the players who in turn are responding.

Well done to everyone who is making the effort week in week out to support the Team.

I hope you are all rewarded for your loyalty and passion. It won't be through lack of effort from everyone involved.

Barely 16,000 fans there, let’s fill the stadium starting Saturday :bluebird:

11 cup finals left see you all Saturday
the most important thing vince we are there that's what matters know our diehard fans will always follow them I'm not bothered who doesn't come anymore I just think about the fans who do come every week

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Our walk up crowds have always been low average about 4k over past 10yrs? So what we are seeing is a normal crowd for city and it as nothing to do with any other reason other than fact we don't have the floating fans we think we have. But saying that if need 3pnts last game season grantees 30k crowd so where are those extra fans now???? Very odd indeed :old:

I'm here :wave:

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Ned, what ever anyone says and they are allowed their opinions, but it was be so depressing for our club to see such an empty stadium and for the players to walk out to a stadium more than half empty that must be so disarheartning.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Pointless going over these crowd figures all the time, if we stay in the struggle then crowds will increase, I think most people have said on here before, success is the only answer to generating big crowds and that means the premiership
, dorsn’t Help when you have to watch such poor games as Bristol and Barnsley

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Correct.the irony is if we were still in ninian park it would have looked more or less full with 16000 in it .the CCS is a stadium for an established top flight side something we haven't been since the 1920s.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:40 pm

skiprat wrote:Correct.the irony is if we were still in ninian park it would have looked more or less full with 16000 in it .the CCS is a stadium for an established top flight side something we haven't been since the 1920s.

We should be getting a few more at games for where we are in the league, but totally agree with this. What’s kind of funny I though remember plenty of times at NP in the late 90s and 2000 when it looked pretty much a full house and they would say the attendance was 13+ and everyone looking around in disbelief

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:28 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:
skiprat wrote:Correct.the irony is if we were still in ninian park it would have looked more or less full with 16000 in it .the CCS is a stadium for an established top flight side something we haven't been since the 1920s.

We should be getting a few more at games for where we are in the league, but totally agree with this. What’s kind of funny I though remember plenty of times at NP in the late 90s and 2000 when it looked pretty much a full house and they would say the attendance was 13+ and everyone looking around in disbelief

That hasn't changed for past 20yrs always say theres more fans at ground than obviously there is.! :laughing6:

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Very disappointing, can give plenty of reasons for a night game, school, work and I think the double home games don't help but they seem to be sticking with that. But even so you would think it should be higher than that, I honestly think the only way to get higher crowds going forward to more season ticket sales.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Very disappointing, can give plenty of reasons for a night game, school, work and I think the double home games don't help but they seem to be sticking with that. But even so you would think it should be higher than that, I honestly think the only way to get higher crowds going forward to more season ticket sales.

Luke, the school,work and double game goes out the window if City are playing a bigger name opposition.

The truth is many football fans in South Wales are only turning up if the opposition are a big name and that is our main problem, they are not turning up for Cardiff City :cry:

Aston Villa, Leeds and Man City all big home crowds.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Very disappointing, can give plenty of reasons for a night game, school, work and I think the double home games don't help but they seem to be sticking with that. But even so you would think it should be higher than that, I honestly think the only way to get higher crowds going forward to more season ticket sales.

Luke, the school,work and double game goes out the window if City are playing a bigger name opposition.

The truth is many football fans in South Wales are only turning up if the opposition are a big name and that is our main problem, they are not turning up for Cardiff City :cry:

Aston Villa, Leeds and Man City all big home crowds.

Yeah its true but like anything in life people will weigh up if they want to go or not. Night games can be a hassle for some people, ive not gone to any midweek games and I have a season ticket. If it is a Tuesday game and its a big match could I make it? probably but its not worth the hassle every week. people pick and chose games now and that's just how it is.