Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Grujic

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:44 am

Im guessing he was subbed because carrying yellow card.

Re: Grujic

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:48 am

The ref went over and spoke to Bamba after Grujic had clipped McBurnie as he was breaking away, I think he was taken off as it was a last warning.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 am

blue lagoon wrote:Im guessing he was subbed because carrying yellow card.

That's what Warnock said in the post-match press conference.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:13 pm

How badly did we miss him when he went off though, the midfield was non existent when he went off.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:38 pm

He is a class act doing all the unsung work ,he does give it away now and again but overall he us excellent his goal was great

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:51 pm

gazthebluebird1 wrote:The ref went over and spoke to Bamba after Grujic had clipped McBurnie as he was breaking away, I think he was taken off as it was a last warning.

I didn't notice that. Good refereeing in that case. Bit of a silly booking in the first place, though. Grujic is playing well at the moment, and a great goal, just needs to be careful not to get needless yellow cards. Thought the 'shit refs' song was a bit harsh last night!

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:15 pm

That's the irony though. A stupid yellow card, but carried the same "punishment" as their striker's "assault" on Etheridge. We really did miss him though when he went off.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:29 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:How badly did we miss him when he went off though, the midfield was non existent when he went off.

Battered for 30 mins when he came on, and still don't see what Bryson brings to the team. 2 seconds to late to every challenge, cant score and only makes 5 yrd passes whilst going missing almost every game.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:He is a class act doing all the unsung work ,he does give it away now and again but overall he us excellent his goal was great

He is getting better with every game and we seemed to to pieces after he went off :bluescarf:

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:50 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:How badly did we miss him when he went off though, the midfield was non existent when he went off.

Battered for 30 mins when he came on, and still don't see what Bryson brings to the team. 2 seconds to late to every challenge, cant score and only makes 5 yrd passes whilst going missing almost every game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Bryson is a bluffer ... "Look boss, look at me doing all this running and chasing, boss!"
As you say, he arrives late to most challenges, ducks out of a fair few 50/50's, rarely moves forward with the ball and cannot make a defence splitting pass ... just simple square balls.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:11 pm

I think he has become an important player for us. He has control while on the ball and wins many tackles and headers in the midfield , which certainly had helped our defenders out
Yes his passing could be better but so could the whole of our teams . He needs to control his temper a little as Tuesday showed . When he went off Barnsley ran riot in the midfield

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Bryson is a bluffer ... "Look boss, look at me doing all this running and chasing, boss!"
As you say, he arrives late to most challenges, ducks out of a fair few 50/50's, rarely moves forward with the ball and cannot make a defence splitting pass ... just simple square balls.

Perhaps he's lost a yard of pace in his old age ( he's 31 )
I can't see him playing over 200 games for Derby over a 6 year period if he wasn't any good...
I did notice he ducked a 50/50 against Barnsley mind!

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:04 am

Bryson was good some times and caught out of position a few times.. I think people are being over critical as in other games he's been superb.. just need time to catch up that's all.