Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fulham board

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:03 pm

A lot has been made of our fixtures in February & the 'tough 6', if we beat preston on saturday we will have amassed 16 from a possible 18. Which when you think back to October when it looked like we could just as easily get dragged into a relegation battle is unbelievable really.

I was always quietly confident about our games against the 'better' teams because its well documented that we are the best footballing side in the league and playing with the confidence we currently have if you try to play football against us you're going to get picked apart.

What im looking forward to is seeing how we deal with the teams that are willing to leave their ego at the gates and accept that they cant match us so they will just try to stop us. This has been our downfall over the last couple of years but im exited to watch what we can do now that we have the outlet of mitro to drag defenses out of position.

For what its worth i cant see us finishing top 2, assuming Cardiff win their game in hand they are 8 points clear and picking up points despite not playing very well, i know people are assuming they are gonna drop points as they are not playing well but a team that keeps winning no matter how well they play tend to be the ones who take home the bacon.

As long as we keep increasing the gap between us & 7th place i will be happy, what happens above us is out of our control now, the fact we even having this conversation after the start we had is amazing.

:ayatollah:

Re: Fulham board

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:12 pm

I wish I was as confident as that.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 pm

I actually agree with your take on our chances but would add that to an outsider it may seem we are not playing well but we have been set up by Warnock as the ultimate counter punching side who are seemingly quite happy to soak up the best a side has got but come out winning anyway.No good if you are a fan of a nervous disposition but effective against most allthough we been on the end of more drivel from opposition managers than I can ever remember.I think I speak for most City fans when I say I'm mighty glad we don't have to play your lot again even though when you played us last we were at a very low ebb which has now improved dramatically.Your footballing credentials are well known to us down here and have been for the last couple of seasons but like you say it'll be interesting to see how you get on against sides that will try and stop you playing as opposed to trying to outplay you.It also makes a refreshing change to get an opposition fan on here that hasn't got an entitled viewpoint.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Personally don't think we're playing as bad as people are making out although it is concerning we struggle at times to compound teams in the bottom half, Birmingham on Saturday are in a dog fight and will give it all to win, so we need to be on our best form and ensure we put away the goals.

Fulham are on an unbelievable run and play Premiership football, but if we beat Brenny we be 8 points clear of them, that's almost 3 games to lose, can't see it happening.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I actually agree with your take on our chances but would add that to an outsider it may seem we are not playing well but we have been set up by Warnock as the ultimate counter punching side who are seemingly quite happy to soak up the best a side has got but come out winning anyway.No good if you are a fan of a nervous disposition but effective against most allthough we been on the end of more drivel from opposition managers than I can ever remember.I think I speak for most City fans when I say I'm mighty glad we don't have to play your lot again even though when you played us last we were at a very low ebb which has now improved dramatically.Your footballing credentials are well known to us down here and have been for the last couple of seasons but like you say it'll be interesting to see how you get on against sides that will try and stop you playing as opposed to trying to outplay you.It also makes a refreshing change to get an opposition fan on here that hasn't got an entitled viewpoint.

Good post...