Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Lee Tomlin “

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:40 am

Karanka hopes to have Lee Tomlin back

Thursday 8th March 2018

Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka is hoping Lee Tomlin will be fit for the East Midlands derby with Derby County this weekend, but insists he won’t take any risks.

The 29-year-old has been a big hit at the City Ground since his arrival from the Welsh capital on loan in January, but Karanka is keen to take it easy.

Aitor Karanka:

“He is another player who has not played much this season. He has played four games in a few weeks and he did not feel right,”
“He is a player who needs to be 100 percent and the team needs him to be that. I did not want to take a risk with him and see him get an injury.
“I hope he can be fit for Sunday. It is not a serious problem. He is not properly injured, but I did not want to take a risk with him, with the game coming up this weekend.”
Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka speaking to the Nottingham Post

Re: “ Lee Tomlin “

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:Karanka hopes to have Lee Tomlin back

Thursday 8th March 2018

Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka is hoping Lee Tomlin will be fit for the East Midlands derby with Derby County this weekend, but insists he won’t take any risks.

The 29-year-old has been a big hit at the City Ground since his arrival from the Welsh capital on loan in January, but Karanka is keen to take it easy.

Aitor Karanka:

“He is another player who has not played much this season. He has played four games in a few weeks and he did not feel right,”
“He is a player who needs to be 100 percent and the team needs him to be that. I did not want to take a risk with him and see him get an injury.
“I hope he can be fit for Sunday. It is not a serious problem. He is not properly injured, but I did not want to take a risk with him, with the game coming up this weekend.”

100% I don't think he's ever been that....

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:53 am

Thursday 8th March 2018

Aitor Karanka:

“He is another player who has not played much this season. He has played four games in a few weeks and HE DID NOT FEEL RIGHT”

Pretty much sums him up plays 4 games in a row as is completely knackered....shocking fitness levels for a professional footballer

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:58 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Thursday 8th March 2018

Aitor Karanka:

“He is another player who has not played much this season. He has played four games in a few weeks and HE DID NOT FEEL RIGHT”

Pretty much sums him up plays 4 games in a row as is completely knackered....shocking fitness levels for a professional footballer

Was substituted last game as well :old:

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Far better sub to bring on than Jamie ward! Forest fans love him

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:16 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Far better sub to bring on than Jamie ward! Forest fans love him

Your probably right but Warnock was hardly using him as a sub anyway. I think the move was a good one, he needs games to push up his fitness and then a proper preseason next season. Alternatively if Warnock doesn't want him back it pushes up his value for a sale.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:37 pm

I think there is a possibility that he doesn't look after his body. He probably doesn't eat right and may drink alcohol.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:59 pm

rossblue wrote:I think there is a possibility that he doesn't look after his body. He probably doesn't eat right and may drink alcohol.

Alcohol along with an XL Donner Kebab on the way home! ( every night )

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Last edited by nubbsy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:25 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Not really that simple though is it. Warnock demands 100% attitude and application and that has got us where we are. Forrest can be as happy as they want, they're not second. If they can afford a luxuary player then good for them, we can't.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:26 pm

nubbsy wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Not really that simple though is it. Warnock demands 100% attitude and application and that has got us where we are. Forrest can be as happy as they want, they're not second. If they can afford a luxuary player then good for them, we can't.

Good post Nubbsy

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
rossblue wrote:I think there is a possibility that he doesn't look after his body. He probably doesn't eat right and may drink alcohol.

That's how I operate, but I'm not an athlete by any stretch

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm

rossblue wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

That's how I operate, but I'm not an athlete by any stretch

Same mate, Not knocking him... just calling him a fat ***T

Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:23 pm

I assume it is easier for LT to do his community service in Leicester (travelling etc.) whilst playing/training nearby in Nottingham.

Loan move makes perfect sense. We'll have to see if he will ever come back?

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I assume it is easier for LT to do his community service in Leicester (travelling etc.) whilst playing/training nearby in Nottingham.

If he wanted he could have done it in Cardiff as it's his place of work

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:25 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I assume it is easier for LT to do his community service in Leicester (travelling etc.) whilst playing/training nearby in Nottingham.

I think its to be closer to family as he has kids I believe.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:10 pm

This was alluded to earlier in the season but I was shouted down . Too many extra-curricular activities .

Columbian flu and too many pies ......

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:

It's obviously the case mate

This was alluded to earlier in the season but I was shouted down . Too many extra-curricular activities .

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:46 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:

Almost ... its a Colombian cold ha