GARY MONK: SPEAKING AHEAD OF THE TRIP TO CARDIFF CITY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Gary Monk paid tribute to the reaction he received from the supporters on Tuesday night and is now looking forward to another loud away following at Cardiff.

Monk was speaking ahead of the trip to Cardiff City

"Cardiff are very physical"

By Mat Kendrick

Thursday 8th Mar 2018

BLUES FANS IMPRESSED DESPITE DEFEAT IN MONK'S FIRST GAME

Garry Monk has revealed David Davis has returned to training with Birmingham City.

The midfielder has missed the last five games and is not certain to feature against Cardiff City this weekend.

Monk said he will assess the situation during Friday training - but which ever way the call goes this weekend it seems the 26-year-old is close to a return.

"David came back into training today, I am pleased to have him back in the squad," Monk said.

"In terms of fitness, he is a very fit lad - naturally fit - we will assess him. We have got another training session tomorrow.

"Whether he will be involved at the weekend we will see, it's a day-by-day thing.

"Other than that it's exactly the same as it was."

Which means Jonathan Grounds and Isaac Vassell are the only two confirmed absentees.

If Davis goes make it back this weekend, Monk won't consider the fact he is on nine yellow cards - with just one game to go before the amnesty kicks in effect.

"It's all hands on deck and focus on the next game and the most important game is this weekend. I have always thought like that, whatever happens in those situations happens.

"Of course you plan for it but right now the focus is on this game and whoever steps on the pitch has to be focused on that game not what might come down the line."

Blues will face a Cardiff side that has won their last five, while Blues have lost their previous six.

Neil Warnock's team has a reputation as being physically powerful - something Monk knows his team will have to combat.

"A big point of it against Cardiff is the physical element,they are a very physical side"

"I thought we competed really well on Tuesday night from that point of view. We are going to have to show that same fight and desire and commitment to that side of it.

"With the backing we are going to have coming down there we have to fight on the pitch.

"We need to make sure we put the things we have worked on and show signs of improvement in that to give ourself the best chance of affecting the game how we want it."
Attachments
JS145522729.jpg
JS145522729.jpg (51.86 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: GARY MONK: SPEAKING AHEAD OF THE TRIP TO CARDIFF CITY

Postby Bluebina » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Gary Monk paid tribute to the reaction he received from the supporters on Tuesday night and is now looking forward to another loud away following at Cardiff.

Monk was speaking ahead of the trip to Cardiff City

"Cardiff are very physical"

By Mat Kendrick

Thursday 8th Mar 2018

BLUES FANS IMPRESSED DESPITE DEFEAT IN MONK'S FIRST GAME

Garry Monk has revealed David Davis has returned to training with Birmingham City.

The midfielder has missed the last five games and is not certain to feature against Cardiff City this weekend.

Monk said he will assess the situation during Friday training - but which ever way the call goes this weekend it seems the 26-year-old is close to a return.

"David came back into training today, I am pleased to have him back in the squad," Monk said.

"In terms of fitness, he is a very fit lad - naturally fit - we will assess him. We have got another training session tomorrow.

"Whether he will be involved at the weekend we will see, it's a day-by-day thing.

"Other than that it's exactly the same as it was."

Which means Jonathan Grounds and Isaac Vassell are the only two confirmed absentees.

If Davis goes make it back this weekend, Monk won't consider the fact he is on nine yellow cards - with just one game to go before the amnesty kicks in effect.

"It's all hands on deck and focus on the next game and the most important game is this weekend. I have always thought like that, whatever happens in those situations happens.

"Of course you plan for it but right now the focus is on this game and whoever steps on the pitch has to be focused on that game not what might come down the line."

Blues will face a Cardiff side that has won their last five, while Blues have lost their previous six.

Neil Warnock's team has a reputation as being physically powerful - something Monk knows his team will have to combat.

"A big point of it against Cardiff is the physical element,they are a very physical side"

"I thought we competed really well on Tuesday night from that point of view. We are going to have to show that same fight and desire and commitment to that side of it.

"With the backing we are going to have coming down there we have to fight on the pitch.

"We need to make sure we put the things we have worked on and show signs of improvement in that to give ourself the best chance of affecting the game how we want it."

YOU JACK ....................
Bluebina

Re: GARY MONK: SPEAKING AHEAD OF THE TRIP TO CARDIFF CITY

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:09 am

this is getting boring now, didn't we out play his leeds side twice?
:lol:
bluebird7291

Return to General Chat