Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Nel Warnock has been named "

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 am

Neil Warnock has been named @EFL's February @SkyBetChamp Manager of the Month! :bluebird:

On Warnocks award

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I was just saying to the lads that it’s a great accolade. The first one was good for me but this one really is for the whole club. All around the club. Not just the players and me as well. The way were supported in January with the window. The fans have been fantastic. The staff around the place have been on their toes and we’ve had horrific injuries but we’ve coped. It means a lot more than the first one."

Better than the other awards?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’ve had a good look at my career and I’ve not had an injured 11 that would have got in the team. But we haven’t moaned about it, we’ve just got on with it. The players that have come in have done really well. Limited but we’ve managed to get results. All credit to them they’ve been a credit to me and I’m really proud of them ."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Nel Warnock has been named "

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:31 am

Dam,thats us srewed on saturday then. :lol:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:46 am

F*CK!

(Well deserved - please no curse!)

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:19 am

So he should be with all those injuries and a fabulous run of form at the hardest part of the season (physically) and with no massive transfer kitty.

Well done Mr Warnock - keep it going chief :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:50 am

Well done, and well deserved. Can't help but feel uneasy about tomorrow's game now, though.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock has been named @EFL's February @SkyBetChamp Manager of the Month! :bluebird:

Well deserved and let's now hope he's awarded this for March and April too! :lol: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 am

fantastic news, :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:24 am

Congratulations most deserved :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 am

Must have been a toss of a coin between him and the Fulham manager given some of their opponents last month.

Excellent and well deserved.

Preston away was the curse last time wasn't it :evil:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:38 am

Doomed

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 am

Danny Says wrote:Must have been a toss of a coin between him and the Fulham manager given some of their opponents last month.

Excellent and well deserved.

Preston away was the curse last time wasn't it :evil:

Should have give it to that arrogant prick at Fulham, we don't want it !!!

Their next game is Preston away too !!!
Last edited by Bluebina on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:45 am

griff105 wrote:Doomed

?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 am

Well done Warnock, well deserved, you can be the one to break the dreaded curse !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:48 am

Bluebina wrote:Well done Warnock, well deserved, you can be the one to break the dreaded curse !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what curse?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:22 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Well done Warnock, well deserved, you can be the one to break the dreaded curse !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what curse?

Paul, I think they are referring to city managers in the past ( there isn't many :laughing5: ) who have won it then gone on a losing streak or maybe lost the following game. :thumbright:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

what curse?

Paul, I think they are referring to city managers in the past ( there isn't many :laughing5: ) who have won it then gone on a losing streak or maybe lost the following game. :thumbright:

people not wanting him to be recognised for something that silly?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 am

paulh_85 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

what curse?

people not wanting him to be recognised for something that silly?

I'll see what the score is Saturday before I answer.... but yes I believe so :banghead:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 am

On Warnocks award

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I was just saying to the lads that it’s a great accolade. The first one was good for me but this one really is for the whole club. All around the club. Not just the players and me as well. The way were supported in January with the window. The fans have been fantastic. The staff around the place have been on their toes and we’ve had horrific injuries but we’ve coped. It means a lot more than the first one."

Better than the other awards?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’ve had a good look at my career and I’ve not had an injured 11 that would have got in the team. But we haven’t moaned about it, we’ve just got on with it. The players that have come in have done really well. Limited but we’ve managed to get results. All credit to them they’ve been a credit to me and I’m really proud of them ."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:56 am

Who's Nel :lol:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock has been named @EFL's February @SkyBetChamp Manager of the Month! :bluebird:

Well deserved and let's now hope he's awarded this for March and April too! :lol: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Well said :thumbup:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Congratulations most deserved :bluescarf:

:thumbup:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:57 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:Congratulations most deserved :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:21 pm

The curse is a myth.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:14 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

what curse?

There is a thought that Manager of the month brings bad luck, often seems to happen too. How have we done since he won it for March announced early April, and have we been exceptionally lucky or unlucky since ?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

what curse?

There is a thought that Manager of the month brings bad luck, often seems to happen too. How have we done since he won it for March announced early April, and have we been exceptionally lucky or unlucky since ?

Gary Rowett won it for December announced January !!!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

what curse?

he won it in feb too... how did we do in march :laughing6: