Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff crowds

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Is everyone else seeing local Cardiff lads suddenly all over their social media this morning, all Liverpool and Man Utd fans.

No wonder we struggle. I've never understood how somebody born and bred in Cardiff can have any kind of affiliation to an English club.

To make it worse bringing their kids up to support the same English clubs rather than their own local side.

Same wankers will be tapping me up "to get tickets" if we get promoted.

Re: Cardiff crowds

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:30 pm

i found they always have been, no point trying to get them now. its the younger generation.
need prem football otherwise they will follow suit.

sad but true.

most kids in Swansea area are Swansea fans now, where as here. They still following typical plastic clubs.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:37 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:i found they always have been, no point trying to get them now. its the younger generation.
need prem football otherwise they will follow suit.

sad but true.

most kids in Swansea area are Swansea fans now, where as here. They still following typical plastic clubs.

Wouldnt day the younger generation our crowds nowa day are muchbigger than going back years and always see a huge following of 25 and under in home and away games

It’s just always how it has been and always will the only way it will change Is if Cardiff are a premier league stable team doing well

Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:22 pm

And then they hate England, backwards or what?!!

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:24 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:And then they hate England, backwards or what?!!

Total bellends, I know a few. They are a disgrace to the city they live in to be honest.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:27 pm

What was the attendance today??

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:29 pm

NPCC39 wrote:What was the attendance today??

@CardiffCityFC: Official Attendance @CardiffCityStad: 19,634 (1,742 away).

Thank you for your support!

#CityAsOne https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/statu ... 29/photo/1

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:52 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Is everyone else seeing local Cardiff lads suddenly all over their social media this morning, all Liverpool and Man Utd fans.

No wonder we struggle. I've never understood how somebody born and bred in Cardiff can have any kind of affiliation to an English club.

To make it worse bringing their kids up to support the same English clubs rather than their own local side.

What annoyed me was before the match they had United v Liverpool on the TVs at the ground and there was a lot of cheering and tense people when United won. Absolutely embarrassing. I suppose at least they were At the CCS but come on....

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:40 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Is everyone else seeing local Cardiff lads suddenly all over their social media this morning, all Liverpool and Man Utd fans.

What annoyed me was before the match they had United v Liverpool on the TVs at the ground and there was a lot of cheering and tense people when United won. Absolutely embarrassing. I suppose at least they were At the CCS but come on....

What’s wrong with that?
I had to miss the last 5 minutes of the game to travel to the stadium. Was a cracking game.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Who ever does the e ticketing needs a kick up the arse. The site is not being updated for the final 4 games. For the Wolves game its now just showing 4 seats other than a couple of hundred in the family stand. In reality there will be thousands left, they need putting on the site. Moving within 3 points of Wolves may have woken a few people up. If they looked on the website right now they'd think they missed the boat.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:28 pm

since we left ninian park Cardiff city has lost it heart god I miss ninian park

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 am

There has always been an issue with people from South Wales following the top 5.
This goes as far back as I can remember.

When I followed City more in the late 80s I hated anyone who supported any of the top 5. Now I understand that they just want to watch a good footballing side and watch decent back and fore football with decent skill, something Cardiff could not do back then.

I loved the off the pitch activities as did a lot of people from Llanrumney, Rumney, Trowbridge and St Mellons areas. Some just went to the games where trouble was almost guaranteed.

My point is that back then most people went for the off park entertainment and when that got too risky, they stopped going. Add to that football has to compete with a lot more these days.

Football is also one of those things that if you stop going for a long spell, it is hard to get back into it for some reason. Then you have the lack of passion that was there back then. Back then the hatred of certain clubs made for an amazing atmosphere and everyone is in the happy club these days (not saying that we should go back to those days).

Price, being unable to have banter between sets of fans have also had a hand in the crowds.
My own brother is a Man Utd fan and so are his sons... I still don't speak to him (; ). They won't follow City because they have grown to only watch the highest class of football.

Cardiff need to be in the top 12 of the premier for 10 years and then we will start getting more and more younger fans, but even then some will only support whoever is top of the league

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 am

bluebird up north wrote:since we left ninian park Cardiff city has lost it heart god I miss ninian park

I feel the same mate, it's just boring now, no atmosphere !!!

Modern day football is not the same !!!

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Bluebina wrote:
bluebird up north wrote:since we left ninian park Cardiff city has lost it heart god I miss ninian park

Why do you go then? :bluebird:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:08 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Why do you go then? :bluebird:

Exactly.
It’s as if Ninian Park was always full to the brim with a fantastic atmosphere!

Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Lol"back in the day" 80s/90s.football was on its knees crowds at an all time low.
"modern football"despite all the moaning record breaking high crowds eg Tottenham this season highest ever premier league crowd Cardiff city the decade starting 2010 to present highest crowds for 50 years.!

Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:46 pm

skiprat wrote:Lol"back in the day" 80s/90s.football was on its knees crowds at an all time low.
"modern football"despite all the moaning record breaking high crowds eg Tottenham this season highest ever premier league crowd Cardiff city the decade starting 2010 to present highest crowds for 50 years.!

The 80's were pretty bad everywhere though. I remember going to watch Newcastle v man utd in 84/84 and I doubt the ground was half full.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:46 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

What’s wrong with that?
I had to miss the last 5 minutes of the game to travel to the stadium. Was a cracking game.

Why are people celebrating a united win in that fashion if they’re Cardiff fans? Embarrassing

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:26 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:There has always been an issue with people from South Wales following the top 5.
This goes as far back as I can remember.

When I followed City more in the late 80s I hated anyone who supported any of the top 5. Now I understand that they just want to watch a good footballing side and watch decent back and fore football with decent skill, something Cardiff could not do back then.

I loved the off the pitch activities as did a lot of people from Llanrumney, Rumney, Trowbridge and St Mellons areas. Some just went to the games where trouble was almost guaranteed.

My point is that back then most people went for the off park entertainment and when that got too risky, they stopped going. Add to that football has to compete with a lot more these days.

Football is also one of those things that if you stop going for a long spell, it is hard to get back into it for some reason. Then you have the lack of passion that was there back then. Back then the hatred of certain clubs made for an amazing atmosphere and everyone is in the happy club these days (not saying that we should go back to those days).

Price, being unable to have banter between sets of fans have also had a hand in the crowds.
My own brother is a Man Utd fan and so are his sons... I still don't speak to him (; ). They won't follow City because they have grown to only watch the highest class of football.

Cardiff need to be in the top 12 of the premier for 10 years and then we will start getting more and more younger fans, but even then some will only support whoever is top of the league

Fully agree with all that. Until sustained premiership success of 15 years minimum we won't change generations of people supporting TV clubs

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:17 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

What’s wrong with that?

Why are people celebrating a united win in that fashion if they’re Cardiff fans? Embarrassing

Perhaps they like Man Utd or hate Liverpool (like me).
I see nothing wrong with getting a little excited watching a prem match or whatever. I’m just cheering on Barca beating Chelsea. Don’t understand the ‘embarrassing’ bit either.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:10 pm

do I care no i'm up in deep England but still try and see my Cardiff city when in 200 miles away work fucks me up sometimes oh I do go to home games watch my love Cardiff city and my daughter in Cardiff