Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY TODAY CONTINUED THEIR MARCH UP TO THE

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:55 pm

My View / Opinion

CARDIFF CITY TODAY CONTINUED THEIR MARCH UP TO THE PREMIER BY BEATING BIRMINGHAM AND CARDIFF HAVE NOW WON 6 IN A ROW & ARE UNDEFEATED IN THEIR LAST 10 GAMES :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

BUT ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER LOW HOME CROWD,DESPITE CARDIFF CITY BEING IN THE TOP 2 OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR 6 MONTHS / WHAT HAS NEIL WARNOCK & HIS PLAYERS GOT TO DO TO GET THE CROWDS TO RETURN? :cry:

THOSE THAT DID ATTEND FULLY BACKED THE BLUEBIRDS & IN THE LAST 1O MINS THE STADIUM WAS REALLY ALIVE :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Those that did turn up really backed the Bluebirds and sang their hearts out :bluebird: :bluebird:

Brum fans were singing your support is f*cking shit :cry: :cry:

NEIL WARNOCKS BARMY ARMY :bluebird:

Junior Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Sol Bamba and Joe Bennett All Stood Out for me today :thumbright: :thumbright:

First-half Cardiff City dominated most of the first-half, but Brum had come to attack with 2 upfront, Junior Hoilett terrified their defence, plus Mendez-Laing's pace tore them apart.

CARDIFF CITY 3 BIRMINGHAM CITY 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Crowd 19,634
Away Support 1,742 Brum fans

CCFC: Etheridge; Peltier, Manga, Bamba, Bennett; Grujic, Bryson, Paterson, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Zohore.

Subs: Murphy, Morrison, Halford, Damour, Pilkington, Wildschut, Madine

Brum faced a Cardiff side that had won their last five, while Brum have lost their previous six.

Cardiff had a solid start and fair play to Birmingham they came to attack not defend, with 2 upfront.

12th min Mendez-Laing made it 1-0 City :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mendez-Laing had cut inside and buried it from 20 yards into the far corner :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Birmingham tried to attack Cardiff and never gave up, but in the 23rd min Craig Bryson made it 2-0 City :bluebird: :bluebird:
It was close range after Bennett’s cross was touched across the box by Paterson. Stabbed finish from Bryson to score :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff looked very solid. Bruno Manga was reading the game very well and Joe Bennett did a good job of staying tight to danger man Jota. Peltier was putting his body in the way of everything, too! :bluebird:

Craig Bryson limped of and was replaced by Loic Damour .

45th min Callum Paterson 3-0 :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
The Scot heads home at the back post :bluebird:

H/T 3-0 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Brum made a substitution, Sam Roberts replaced Jenkinson.

Brum had a penalty for a shirt pull in the 54th min and scored 3-1

Grujic had pulled Marc Roberts shirt in the box, very harsh penalty.

Cardiff then had a penalty shout of their own but it was turned down!

The Cardiff players were furious as they surround the referee - with Sol Bamba being booked for continuing to protest just a little too long.

Brum then really woke up and for the next 15-20 mins did all the running.

Etheridge was called upon to make a couple of good saves.

74th min Club captain Sean Morrison came on to a good reception, replaced Peltier

Brum still attacked

Cardiff finished the game strongly :bluebird:

But Brum netted a goal in the 94th min 3-2

Brum played much better in the second-half.

F/T 3-2 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

MY MAN OF THE MATCH JUNOR HOILETT :thumbright: :thumbright:

UP NEXT BRENTFORD AWAY THIS COMING TUESDAY NIGHT :thumbright: :bluebird:

1,650 CARDIFF FANS TRAVELLING :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY TODAY CONTINUED THEIR MARCH UP TO

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:57 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Another 3pts that's what counts.

Brentford up next :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Another 3pts that's what counts.

Agreed Karl :thumbright: :bluebird:

A bit disappointed conceding 2 goals as it might come back against us.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, it's all about the points at this stage of the season. Another howler of a ref in the 2nd half, let's just keep getting some of the lads back on the pitch. We are going to need them all :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:12 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, it's all about the points at this stage of the season. Another howler of a ref in the 2nd half, let's just keep getting some of the lads back on the pitch. We are going to need them all :ayatollah:

Karl, more than happy with the 3pts, but the goals conceded did not need to happen.

6 wins in row Amazing :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Brilliant result.

Ref was awful and that's being kind. Felt Halford should have come on earlier as well. I guess Medine was on the bench to make up the numbers as the game was crying out for him.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Karl, more than happy with the 3pts, but the goals conceded did not need to happen.

Oh I agree with you on that and I'm sure NW will sort it out, all I'll say is come on Wolves :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Now

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Big game villa v wolves

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was more annoyed in Hoilett not squaring it for Zahore late on. Simple tap in would have made it 4-1 and comfortable. Same thing happened 5 minutes earlier with Zahore when Damour was waiting. Too greedy by both players. Think of the team!

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Sometimes as hard at is to explain 3-0 half time is difficult can haunt you if you think the job is done.
I think we could of finished things off scoring more goals had the chance to in the second halg but players going at it themselves rather than a simple pass and an easier finish.
Not nit picking brilliant win brilliant position in the league very happy well done city.
Got to keep it going Fulham are doing well just behind us .
Keep going city

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View / Opinion

CARDIFF CITY TODAY CONTINUED THEIR MARCH UP TO THE PREMIER BY BEATING BIRMINGHAM AND CARDIFF HAVE NOW WON 6 IN A ROW & ARE UNDEFEATED IN THEIR LAST 10 GAMES :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

BUT ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER LOW HOME CROWD,DESPITE CARDIFF CITY BEING IN THE TOP 2 OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR 6 MONTHS / WHAT HAS NEIL WARNOCK & HIS PLAYERS GOT TO DO TO GET THE CROWDS TO RETURN? :cry:

THOSE THAT DID ATTEND FULLY BACKED THE BLUEBIRDS & IN THE LAST 1O MINS THE STADIUM WAS REALLY ALIVE :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Those that did turn up really backed the Bluebirds and sang their hearts out :bluebird: :bluebird:

Brum fans were singing your support is f*cking shit :cry: :cry:

NEIL WARNOCKS BARMY ARMY :bluebird:

Junior Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Sol Bamba and Joe Bennett All Stood Out for me today :thumbright: :thumbright:

First-half Cardiff City dominated most of the first-half, but Brum had come to attack with 2 upfront, Junior Hoilett terrified their defence, plus Mendez-Laing's pace tore them apart.

CARDIFF CITY 3 BIRMINGHAM CITY 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Crowd 19,634
Away Support 1,742 Brum fans

CCFC: Etheridge; Peltier, Manga, Bamba, Bennett; Grujic, Bryson, Paterson, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Zohore.

Subs: Murphy, Morrison, Halford, Damour, Pilkington, Wildschut, Madine

Brum faced a Cardiff side that had won their last five, while Brum have lost their previous six.

Cardiff had a solid start and fair play to Birmingham they came to attack not defend, with 2 upfront.

12th min Mendez-Laing made it 1-0 City :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mendez-Laing had cut inside and buried it from 20 yards into the far corner :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Birmingham tried to attack Cardiff and never gave up, but in the 23rd min Craig Bryson made it 2-0 City :bluebird: :bluebird:
It was close range after Bennett’s cross was touched across the box by Paterson. Stabbed finish from Bryson to score :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff looked very solid. Bruno Manga was reading the game very well and Joe Bennett did a good job of staying tight to danger man Jota. Peltier was putting his body in the way of everything, too! :bluebird:

Craig Bryson limped of and was replaced by Loic Damour .

45th min Callum Paterson 3-0 :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
The Scot heads home at the back post :bluebird:

H/T 3-0 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Brum made a substitution, Sam Roberts replaced Jenkinson.

Brum had a penalty for a shirt pull in the 54th min and scored 3-1

Grujic had pulled Marc Roberts shirt in the box, very harsh penalty.

Cardiff then had a penalty shout of their own but it was turned down!

The Cardiff players were furious as they surround the referee - with Sol Bamba being booked for continuing to protest just a little too long.

Brum then really woke up and for the next 15-20 mins did all the running.

Etheridge was called upon to make a couple of good saves.

74th min Club captain Sean Morrison came on to a good reception, replaced Peltier

Brum still attacked

Cardiff finished the game strongly :bluebird:

But Brum netted a goal in the 94th min 3-2

Brum played much better in the second-half.

F/T 3-2 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

MY MAN OF THE MATCH JUNOR HOILETT :thumbright: :thumbright:

UP NEXT BRENTFORD AWAY THIS COMING TUESDAY NIGHT :thumbright: :bluebird:

1,650 CARDIFF FANS TRAVELLING :bluebird: :bluebird:

Great win, cant ask for anything more than winning those last two games and getting the maximum points, could have been banana skins. But on we go

On the crowd situation, many on here call our fans fickle and glory hunters and only attend when successful, but surely if that was the case, with us top 4 all season and top two for most of it, then surely all those supporters should now be attending?? and we would be getting 22-24k crowds?

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Big game villa v wolves

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Agreed it’s all about 3points but we don’t do things easy.
Nice to see Mendez Laing getting back to his best.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Thought the atmosphere was much better today. Having Garry Spunk in the opposite dug out helped it

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Halford didn't put a foot wrong again for the short time he was on the pitch. Dont see why some find him hard to like.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Halford didn't put a foot wrong again for the short time he was on the pitch. Dont see why some find him hard to like.

He's one that will never stand out and be a fans favourite but i totally agree with you. I can't remember him ever having a really bad game for us

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:49 pm

' UPDATED " :bluebird:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 pm

f**k the low crowd. Was a good atmosphere today and those who came knows what an entertaining game it was b!

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:Halford didn't put a foot wrong again for the short time he was on the pitch. Dont see why some find him hard to like.

He's one that will never stand out and be a fans favourite but i totally agree with you. I can't remember him ever having a really bad game for us

Came on and done exactly what he's here for.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Very Very Close
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=193871 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:59 am

My arse was itchin6near the end....even 3-0 up we struggle to finish off sides but a win is a win
I take 1pt at Brentford 3 at Derby and woody to my family. 3pts against Burton :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:04 am

Only four games left, this is the final count down :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:26 am

Great first half
The ref was shocking
Best atmosphere for a while
Nervous end again but good 3 points.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was more annoyed in Hoilett not squaring it for Zahore late on. Simple tap in would have made it 4-1 and comfortable. Same thing happened 5 minutes earlier with Zahore when Damour was waiting. Too greedy by both players. Think of the team!

I agree - screamed out for a pass but both times we didn't and didn't score either. Brain dead football I'm afraid.

can't fault the effort - great atmosphere today, awful ref. Had a great laugh sat behind the dugouts so saw Warnock up close, I hate to think what his blood pressure is like it was the Panto season all game and the ref was the baddie :lol: