Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City star Callum Paterson reveals

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Cardiff City star Callum Paterson reveals the reason behind his bizarre goal celebrations against Barnsley and Birmingham City -

Sunday 11th March 2018

Callum Paterson has revealed that a PlayStation game inspired his goal celebrations in Cardiff City's wins against Barnsley and Birmingham City.

The Scot took his goal tally up to seven for the season with his effort in the Bluebirds' 3-2 win over Birmingham City , just days after his strike helped Cardiff claim a 2-1 success over Barnsley in the Welsh capital.

And the 23-year-old has revealed that he was imitating moves from computer game Fortnite when celebrating his two latest goals for the Bluebirds who have now won six matches in a row.

"[The last two] are from a game on the PS4 called Fortnite that all the kids are playing so I thought I’d give it a bash,” he told iFollow Cardiff City after the triumph over Garry Monk's side.

“It feels good and we’re happy to keep this run going.

“It was pretty shoddy defending from myself at the end [that led to the Birmingham goal] and we need to cut out those sorts of mistakes, but it’s good to be back on the score sheet and take another three points.

“Having come back from the injury and overcome the hurdles I have, it’s a great feeling to be scoring goals again.”

The gap between Neil Warnock's men and league leaders Wolves now stands at just three points after Nuno Espirito Santo's side were thumped 4-1 by fellow promotion chasers Aston Villa.

Cardiff take on Wolves in the Welsh capital next month just four days before they face Steve Bruce's side at Villa Park in what looks set to be a pivotal week in the Bluebirds' quest for promotion into the Premier League.

But Paterson has stressed that the Bluebirds' sole focus between now and the end of the campaign is on themselves.

“We’re a grounded and level-headed group and we concentrate on ourselves first and foremost,” he added.

“If other results go our way then that’s fantastic, but as long as we keep winning we’ll be okay.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City star Callum Paterson reveals

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:48 pm

think he has been brilliant for us, how many goals and assists does he have? seems to always be involved. Don't think we will see him at Right back very often. I'm not even sure what position in midfield he played Saturday as he was absolutely everywhere, the way he through himself about was brilliant, no concern about him going into a 50/50 challenge . brilliant signing.

Re: Cardiff City star Callum Paterson reveals

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Loving Pato, first name on team sheet now. In fantastic form, great eye for goal and that attacking midfield pressing gives our midfield a real cutting edge. He’s honest too, respect that comment about him losing the brummy lad for the goal. What a signing. If he carries on though and does well in a new look Scotland side, some premier league outfit will be after him. Top signing though, NW obviously saw something there, and City have helped him through the knee injury. Another goal on Tuesday please Pato!