" What a filthy B*****D "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Igovernor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 am

'I'm SORRY!': Jamie Carragher regrets the 'five seconds of madness' when he spat at a 14-year-old girl as Sky Sports SUSPENDS him from his £1m pundit job and drops him from tonight's MNF

Monday 12th March 2018

Jamie Carragher has today said that he regrets the 'five seconds of madness' when he spat at a 14-year-old girl which has led to him being suspended by Sky Sports.

The former Liverpool and England defender admitted his actions were 'disgusting' and was told that he will not appear on Monday Night Football this evening.

His £1million-a-year Sky Sports contract hangs in the balance and he has also been axed by Danish channel TV3 Sport.

And in an explosive interview with Sky News, he said: 'It was a moment of madness, it's difficult to explain, it was almost an out of body thing but you can't ever behave like that, it's unacceptable.

'My biggest regret is for the 14-year-old girl to be caught in the middle of it.

'That devastates me more than anything. I've got a daughter exactly the same age and I can't say how I'd react if someone did that to her.'

Shocking moment Jamie Carragher SPITS at passing driver

Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher has been filmed spitting at a teenage schoolgirl after Liverpool lost 2-1 to Manchester United

Carragher sat down in the Sky News studio just after 2pm today and watched the shocking video
The former England defender said that it was a 'moment of madness' and admitted his actions were disgusting

Jamie Carragher says he 'apologised' to family for spitting

Video
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... -girl.html

'I'm SORRY!': Jamie Carragher regrets the 'five seconds of madness' when he spat at a 14-year-old girl as Sky Sports SUSPENDS him from his £1m pundit job and drops him from tonight's MNF
Attachments
4A19956600000578-5488435-Sky_Sports_pundit_Jamie_Carragher_has_been_filmed_spitting_at_a_-a-20_1520864631082.jpg
4A19956600000578-5488435-Sky_Sports_pundit_Jamie_Carragher_has_been_filmed_spitting_at_a_-a-20_1520864631082.jpg (45.65 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
Igovernor

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What a filthy B*****D

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:02 am

I've lost a lot of respect for Carra after this, I've been spat at playing sunday league football and it's one of the vilest things you can do, it could potentially ruin Carra's punditry career, what an absolutely silly man.
Wolfpac

Postby ThomasC » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:14 am

I love the Twitter reply

1) APLOGIESES
2) MAKES AN EXCUSE
3) THEN SAYS THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR IT :clap:

Why did he bother getting involved with that idiot father? Unbelievable
ThomasC

Postby rhondda 1015 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:16 am

Sack him, then fine the thick as shit Dad for filming while driving...win win...
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:26 am

Imagine if one of us did that in work. We'd be sacked. If one of us did that at a game, we'd be banned. A grown man spitting at a fourteen year old girl!
llangainbluebird

Postby ThomasC » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:30 am

Wolfpac wrote:I've lost a lot of respect for Carra after this, I've been spat at playing sunday league football and it's one of the vilest things you can do, it could potentially ruin Carra's punditry career, what an absolutely silly man.

It's a massive mistake to make. Wasn't content just sitting in a luxury car and wanted to confront a loser dad, by spitting at his 14year old.

Pathetic and disgusting
ThomasC

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am

Igovernor wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5488435/Jamie-Carragher-apologises-spitting-14-year-old-girl.html

A true insight into the man, in front of the camera all happy and laughing, take them away and when he's annoyed he will spit in the face of a young girl.

it would be disgusting if he is not sacked !!! :wave:
Bluebina

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:50 am

Holding talks with Sky today but will be in studio for MNF - be surprised if he isn't sacked.
Wolfpac

Postby Igovernor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:38 pm

4A1DAA7000000578-0-image-a-3_1520855975630.jpg
4A1DAA7000000578-0-image-a-3_1520855975630.jpg (87.01 KiB) Viewed 6781 times
Igovernor

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Disgusting, typical of what id expect of him though, comes across as a smug know it all who can say and do what he likes without their being any consequences. Hope they sack him anyway as don't think he is very good at his job.
2blue2handle

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Bet Bellamy has his phone on standby!
BrightBlueFuture

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:11 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:Bet Bellamy has his phone on standby!

Good shout, he would be a fantastic Monday night pundit with Neville :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm

He's dropped for tonight, looks like he might get the sack after all !!!

Sky Sports have revealed that the 40-year-old will not be in the studio for the Premier League showdown this evening.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ier-League
Bluebina

Postby KJblue » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Absolute disgrace, no manners what so ever, never liked the cocky tw*t, hope he gets sacked as there is no excuse for what he did.
KJblue

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Bellers talks sense whenever he does his punditry, like how honest he is so I'd be happy with that replacement.
Wolfpac

Re: " What a filthy B*****D "

Postby nubbsy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Horrible, dirty prick.
nubbsy

Postby Nickoblue23 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Can't stand him but what was that dad doing chasing him, filming, shouting through the window etc. with his daughter in the car!! Only wish the dad had caught the spit and not the poor girl!! Two idiots in my book!!
Nickoblue23

Postby Sven » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I only saw what occurred on the news and have to say it didn't look good, although it's not clear he was 'aiming' at anyone in particular and even less clear the potentially infectious bile actually reached the girl herself. Indeed, whilst we can only take the father's word on to (the girl has been making light of it on social media) the father's reaction at the time doesn't lend itself to it being clear either and it appears 'conversations' (maybe apologies) have taken place since

How/why did it get into the public domain before it was reported (if it has been) to any authorities is another question, as is why the father (supposedly a 'responsible' adult with his young daughter in the car) felt it was okay to drive whilst filming for the purposes of winding someone up?

Surely, driving without due care and attention and a minimum 6 points on his licence, according to new Laws introduced early this year? The guy is bang to rights!

However, what Carragher did was disgraceful and seems to sum up his character to a tee (he has previous for being a hot head) and Sky Sports need to evaluate both their pundit standards and their morals when considering Carragher's future on their channel

Sadly, I doubt Carragher will genuinely see what he did was wrong and there will be the usual charm offensive to minimise the effects of what is some pretty bad publicity for both him and his employers, Sky Sports

Thankfully, no more Max Clifford to deflect to wrong-doings of the so-called elite! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sloper Road » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:53 pm

He spat at the dad and not the girl although she did catch some. He knows hes done wrong. The dad also did wrong in the first place, needs to concentrate on driving with a child in the car rather than winding people up.
Sloper Road

Postby Sven » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Sloper Road wrote:He spat at the dad and not the girl although she did catch some. He knows hes done wrong. The dad also did wrong in the first place, needs to concentrate on driving with a child in the car rather than winding people up.

Spot on, fella :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Sven wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:He spat at the dad and not the girl although she did catch some. He knows hes done wrong. The dad also did wrong in the first place, needs to concentrate on driving with a child in the car rather than winding people up.

Agree - I hate Carragaher but i'm on the fence with this one.. didn't look like anything went in the car but on the other hand spitting towards someone is wrong.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby nubbsy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Agree - I hate Carragaher but i'm on the fence with this one.. didn't look like anything went in the car but on the other hand spitting towards someone is wrong.

What's there to be on the fence about mate? Anyone that spits out of anger is a filthy c**t. Whether the spit went in the car or not it's disgusting behaviour, they only gave him some light banter - wasn't like they were abusing him. And like he couldn't see the girl Sat there????
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Sven wrote:

Not spot on. How can you say he spat at the guy and not the girl? She's Sat there clear as day and he spits through the window.
nubbsy

Postby Real_Blue_Really » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:

Not spot on. How can you say he spat at the guy and not the girl? She's Sat there clear as day and he spits through the window.

So you want Carragher banned from sky?
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell
Real_Blue_Really

Postby Igovernor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm

29067239_10156562671439131_2130521728157474802_n.jpg
29067239_10156562671439131_2130521728157474802_n.jpg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
Igovernor

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:

Put it this way, Carragher's spitting is far worse than what Richard Keys and Andy Gray were sacked for. What Keys and Gray were caught saying was just words, but this is footage of Carragher assaulting someone (yes, spitting directly at someone is an act of assault). If Sky are to be consistent, they have no alternative but to sack Carragher in my opinion.

There is no way Carragher can be defended for this and also, I don't think there is any way Sky can be defended if they turn a blind eye to this and allow Carragher to keep his job.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby norms76 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm

He’ll be on BT Sport with Gerrard in a week or two.
norms76

Postby ThomasC » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Anyone want to defend Carragher? Really?? :o :shock:
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:55 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:

Exactly, nobody denies the father is a scumbag but you just can't spit at a kid ffs
ThomasC

Postby Real_Blue_Really » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:57 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell
Real_Blue_Really

Next

Return to General Chat