Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock Considers Request For Cardiff City Postponement

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Neil Warnock Considers Request For Cardiff City Postponement

12th March 2018

by Graham Thomas

Neil Warnock is threatening to demand a postponement of Cardiff City’s Good Friday match against Burton Albion.

The Cardiff City manager is angry that the Football League have scheduled a full afternoon Championship fixture list for March 30 – just two days after a number of his players could be travelling back from international duty.

Warnock’s fear is that the tight turnaround and fatigue may effect his possible four-strong international contingent and could undermine their promotion bid.

Promotion rivals Aston will be gaining an extra day’s rest since their game against Hull City is not being played until the Saturday.

“I think we are going to have to write to the Football League,” raged Warnock.

“I don’t think any team in the Championship going for promotion should have to play on a Friday, having come back from the international break.”

Warnock could have Neil Etheridge, Callum Paterson, Marko Grujic and Kenneth Zohore jetting home some time on Wednesday.

“We’ve got lads coming back on a Wednesday. And we’re playing Burton on a Friday? It’s absolutely ridiculous.

“I’ve got lads coming back from Hungary on a Wednesday. They’ll be travelling through the night and then they’re playing on Friday.

“You wouldn’t put your animals through that. It’s ridiculous. I wish those people (Football League officials) would come with me and train with me, while they’re doing that. They haven’t a bloody clue what they’re doing.”

“I know television rule, but they’ve got to use some common sense. Gee whizz.

Cardiff could have Etheridge (Philippines v Tajikistan), Paterson (Scotland in Hungary), Grujic (Serbia v Nigeria) and Zohore (Denmark v Chile) involved in midweek as well as Sol Bamba (Ivory Coast in Togo) and Junior Hoilett (Canada v New Zealand) playing the weekend before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.