A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BURNLEY COULD GET CARDIFF CITY STAR ON A FREE TRANSFER

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
norms76 wrote:I personally think we’ll need better than Gunner if we do make it. He’s basically saying if we miss out he’s gone, if we go up he signs a Premier League contract with us.

Can’t blame him chasing the money as it’ll probably be his last big contract.

But I feel we need better.

honestly dont believe its a money thing, not like he can go and earn 50/60k elsewhere.

hes certainly paid his dues in the championship, being a combative player in a very difficult division for 10 seasons or so. good luck to him i say, and if we go up, id definitely keep but mostly as a squad player.

Who's guna pay him that?

thats my point :occasion5:

I disagree mate, if he went on a free to Burnley he would earn at least 25k in the premier league. Turkish clubs were interested and if he has a stormer of a World Cup then they’d pay silly money. Not saying he’ll earn 50/60k but it would be significantly higher than we could pay him.

Is 25k a lot more than we would or could pay him ? I doubt he’s a million miles off that now

He’d probably is but he knows if we stay in the Championship he’s not going to get that off us if he stays.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:38 pm

I wouldn't want him on 25k a week tbh.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:04 pm

He's far better than MLS and LA Liga. That said He would be much better paid in Germany or Turkey; even Italy.

Wasn't overly impressed with him in the Premier League season. Got overrun by more technically proficient Midfielders.

Championship more his level...and with the Premiership demanding more fitter, faster Midfielders-he would be more a liability.

Give him two more years with a Sell-on Clause for £2 if he wants to move in January.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:31 pm

I think we need better if we go up ,i think the defence is ok ,wingers might be ok but need better in the middle of the park and definelty need a top class striker to partner zohore and madine