Now let's sell out Derby away

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 pm

If that performance doesn't get fans wanting to go I don't know what else can be done. Just 10 quid a ticket too. If we don't sell out it is worrying how much our fan base has dropped. I cannot wait
boyo1927
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Now let's sell out Derby away

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby Llantwit Blue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 pm

Have to be quick last batch on sale
Llantwit Blue
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:29 am

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:07 am

How many sold what's the last batch total?
boyo1927
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby Llantwit Blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:54 am

I believe it’s 700 taking total to 2900

Asked yesterday when renewing my season ticket.
Llantwit Blue
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:29 am

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby CFS25 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:20 am

We should sell out every away game! Arguments aside there is loads of out and out city fans who love the club they just don’t go much! It’s time......the players and manager deserve it!

£10 a ticket can’t go wrong!
CFS25
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 am

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby RV Casual » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:42 am

I keep beating the same drum but I'll say it again, the Club can help on games like this by putting tickets on general sale after a certain point, that way, people like myself can entice and take friends/family who wouldn't ordinarily go, these people maywell end up becoming regulars.

When this game was initially announced a few family of mine showed an interest in going as a family, 12 in total but we can't get the tickets, I asked and was refused so only 3 of us going in the car now, was 4 one dropped out yday for family reasons.

Sell tickets to ST Holders/members as a priority and then after a certain point just stick them on general sale.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby RV Casual » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am

CFS25 wrote:We should sell out every away game! Arguments aside there is loads of out and out city fans who love the club they just don’t go much! It’s time......the players and manager deserve it!

£10 a ticket can’t go wrong!


You are correct, but these people can't get tickets cos the club won't relax their selling criteria
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am

RV Casual wrote:
CFS25 wrote:We should sell out every away game! Arguments aside there is loads of out and out city fans who love the club they just don’t go much! It’s time......the players and manager deserve it!

£10 a ticket can’t go wrong!


You are correct, but these people can't get tickets cos the club won't relax their selling criteria



these people can buy membership? how much is it?
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 11013
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby adamt958 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am

RV Casual wrote:I keep beating the same drum but I'll say it again, the Club can help on games like this by putting tickets on general sale after a certain point, that way, people like myself can entice and take friends/family who wouldn't ordinarily go, these people maywell end up becoming regulars.

When this game was initially announced a few family of mine showed an interest in going as a family, 12 in total but we can't get the tickets, I asked and was refused so only 3 of us going in the car now, was 4 one dropped out yday for family reasons.

Sell tickets to ST Holders/members as a priority and then after a certain point just stick them on general sale.


this. it absolutely fries me as to why the club would rather see less people giving the team support.
"It's Andy Campbell, it's in!" "Up,up and away to division one!"
User avatar
adamt958
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby RV Casual » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:48 am

paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
CFS25 wrote:We should sell out every away game! Arguments aside there is loads of out and out city fans who love the club they just don’t go much! It’s time......the players and manager deserve it!

£10 a ticket can’t go wrong!


You are correct, but these people can't get tickets cos the club won't relax their selling criteria



these people can buy membership? how much is it?


Think it's a tenner at the moment but why would they, just dilutes the attraction of the 10 quid ticketand if your a family of four why would you want to pay an extra 40 quid out, it puts people off
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:54 am

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
CFS25 wrote:We should sell out every away game! Arguments aside there is loads of out and out city fans who love the club they just don’t go much! It’s time......the players and manager deserve it!

£10 a ticket can’t go wrong!


You are correct, but these people can't get tickets cos the club won't relax their selling criteria



these people can buy membership? how much is it?


Think it's a tenner at the moment but why would they, just dilutes the attraction of the 10 quid ticketand if your a family of four why would you want to pay an extra 40 quid out, it puts people off


Steve, but my point is the memberships will be more expensive in the Prem like last time and yet they bought the away tickets every other week in there thousands.

If the fans really want to go,they go.

I reckon 2,500 will go to Derby and that proves my point 12:30pm on a Sunday, live on Sky. But we are now on the final run in and its taken nearly 8months to finally get a decent away following, very sad to see.


But I do agree, no need for it by City,just an extra money making scheme by them.

NO CLUB HAS TO DO IT AND MANY CLUBS DONT.

Millwall/Leeds do it.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 108449
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:54 am

The away membership should have been disbanded years ago, it was originally brought in because of the hooligan problem and to address the demand outstripping the supply of away tickets. The hooligan problem is no longer an issue and the demand has dropped off. So there is no reason for the scheme.
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
User avatar
Leytonstoneblue
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: London

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:The away membership should have been disbanded years ago, it was originally brought in because of the hooligan problem and to address the demand outstripping the supply of away tickets. The hooligan problem is no longer an issue and the demand has dropped off. So there is no reason for the scheme.

Totally agree with this and RV Casual's point.

It seems crazy that so close to the fixture we bomb out 8 potential converts because they are not members.
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby epping blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:13 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:The away membership should have been disbanded years ago, it was originally brought in because of the hooligan problem and to address the demand outstripping the supply of away tickets. The hooligan problem is no longer an issue and the demand has dropped off. So there is no reason for the scheme.



Like a lot of taxes etc. their brought in for a specific reason but they quickly become an income stream you don't want to give up. A couple of thousand a year at £ 20 goes a long way to paying 3 or 4 part time staff in the ticket office. The booking fee on all tickets goes someway to paying the rest of the staff costs in there.

Perhaps an extra quid or two booking fee per ticket for those without membership may help those purchase who are unlikely to go to more than a couple of away games in a season.

5 critical away games coming up and we need every last seat filled if that can help us over the line. Derby will be full. Villa will be full. Not sure Sheff Utd will be with it live on the box and an evening game. It is of course Bank holiday Monday so no work / school should help. I'll be surprised if there's 2000 in Norwich with it being 4 days after Villa, itself only a week after Sheff Utd. Hull depends on where we're at by then but at least there's a fortnight to get ready for that.
epping blue
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby nubbsy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:13 am

RV Casual wrote:I keep beating the same drum but I'll say it again, the Club can help on games like this by putting tickets on general sale after a certain point, that way, people like myself can entice and take friends/family who wouldn't ordinarily go, these people maywell end up becoming regulars.

When this game was initially announced a few family of mine showed an interest in going as a family, 12 in total but we can't get the tickets, I asked and was refused so only 3 of us going in the car now, was 4 one dropped out yday for family reasons.

Sell tickets to ST Holders/members as a priority and then after a certain point just stick them on general sale.




100% agree. I wonder if there's some regulation meaning we have to do it? Or do not all other clubs do it..
nubbsy
 
Posts: 8270
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby epping blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 am

nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:I keep beating the same drum but I'll say it again, the Club can help on games like this by putting tickets on general sale after a certain point, that way, people like myself can entice and take friends/family who wouldn't ordinarily go, these people maywell end up becoming regulars.

When this game was initially announced a few family of mine showed an interest in going as a family, 12 in total but we can't get the tickets, I asked and was refused so only 3 of us going in the car now, was 4 one dropped out yday for family reasons.

Sell tickets to ST Holders/members as a priority and then after a certain point just stick them on general sale.




100% agree. I wonder if there's some regulation meaning we have to do it? Or do not all other clubs do it..



I think some clubs have an away membership schemes that even season ticket holders have to pay to be in. Cant actually think of any just now but I'm sure I read an article about it somewhere.
epping blue
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 am

RV Casual wrote:I keep beating the same drum but I'll say it again, the Club can help on games like this by putting tickets on general sale after a certain point, that way, people like myself can entice and take friends/family who wouldn't ordinarily go, these people maywell end up becoming regulars.

When this game was initially announced a few family of mine showed an interest in going as a family, 12 in total but we can't get the tickets, I asked and was refused so only 3 of us going in the car now, was 4 one dropped out yday for family reasons.

Sell tickets to ST Holders/members as a priority and then after a certain point just stick them on general sale.


Same. As I'm in Manchester, this is quite a local game for me. So was tempted to take the whole family. I'm not buying memberships for all 4 of us just for one game!

Oh well, just bought my Wolves tickets for us lot in the family stand. If the boy likes it I'll commit to a season ticket with him for next year!!
User avatar
jimmy_rat
 
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby adamt958 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:01 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
RV Casual wrote:I keep beating the same drum but I'll say it again, the Club can help on games like this by putting tickets on general sale after a certain point, that way, people like myself can entice and take friends/family who wouldn't ordinarily go, these people maywell end up becoming regulars.

When this game was initially announced a few family of mine showed an interest in going as a family, 12 in total but we can't get the tickets, I asked and was refused so only 3 of us going in the car now, was 4 one dropped out yday for family reasons.

Sell tickets to ST Holders/members as a priority and then after a certain point just stick them on general sale.


Same. As I'm in Manchester, this is quite a local game for me. So was tempted to take the whole family. I'm not buying memberships for all 4 of us just for one game!

Oh well, just bought my Wolves tickets for us lot in the family stand. If the boy likes it I'll commit to a season ticket with him for next year!!


https://www.change.org/p/cardiff-city-f ... responsive

:thumbright: :thumbright:
"It's Andy Campbell, it's in!" "Up,up and away to division one!"
User avatar
adamt958
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:15 am

adamt958 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
RV Casual wrote:I keep beating the same drum but I'll say it again, the Club can help on games like this by putting tickets on general sale after a certain point, that way, people like myself can entice and take friends/family who wouldn't ordinarily go, these people maywell end up becoming regulars.

When this game was initially announced a few family of mine showed an interest in going as a family, 12 in total but we can't get the tickets, I asked and was refused so only 3 of us going in the car now, was 4 one dropped out yday for family reasons.

Sell tickets to ST Holders/members as a priority and then after a certain point just stick them on general sale.


Same. As I'm in Manchester, this is quite a local game for me. So was tempted to take the whole family. I'm not buying memberships for all 4 of us just for one game!

Oh well, just bought my Wolves tickets for us lot in the family stand. If the boy likes it I'll commit to a season ticket with him for next year!!


https://www.change.org/p/cardiff-city-f ... responsive

:thumbright: :thumbright:


Signed. Don't think they'll take notice though.

Anyone find out if all clubs do it this same way?
User avatar
jimmy_rat
 
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby RYANBLUE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:24 am

I would love to go, and was intending to. But like a lot of games this year been moved to a time that makes getting there more problematic..... trains wont get there its pathetic
RYANBLUE
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby RYANBLUE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:24 am

I would love to go, and was intending to. But like a lot of games this year been moved to a time that makes getting there more problematic..... trains wont get there its pathetic
RYANBLUE
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby RYANBLUE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:25 am

I would love to go, and was intending to. But like a lot of games this year been moved to a time that makes getting there more problematic..... trains wont get there its pathetic
RYANBLUE
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Away memberships should have been scrapped years ago. Its not like we are selling our away allocation every away game and city fans have been pretty well behaved for years now.

Paying the membership fee or trying to get a fan number to use puts people off going. I usually do 7 or 8 away games a season and pretty much every time I do go away someone is interested in going but doesn't go because they don't have a fan number.

I have signed the petition but cant see anything changing, especially if we get promoted as there will be more of a demand for away tickets.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Agree with many most clubs out away tickets on general sale at some point. Facts are this was brought in initially due to out reputation as fans. This reputation has long since died out. I have loads of on the fence city fans who would go to the odd away game but won't pay 20 quid member ship for odds few games. Scrap it city....

If we do go up no way it will be scrapped...
boyo1927
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby Real_Blue_Really » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Agree with many most clubs out away tickets on general sale at some point. Facts are this was brought in initially due to out reputation as fans. This reputation has long since died out. I have loads of on the fence city fans who would go to the odd away game but won't pay 20 quid member ship for odds few games. Scrap it city....

If we do go up no way it will be scrapped...


Membership is no longer 20 quid. It's ten pound until the end of the season. :thumbright:

Still too much and needs scrapping if the club want higher gates.
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell
Real_Blue_Really
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Agree with many most clubs out away tickets on general sale at some point. Facts are this was brought in initially due to out reputation as fans. This reputation has long since died out. I have loads of on the fence city fans who would go to the odd away game but won't pay 20 quid member ship for odds few games. Scrap it city....

If we do go up no way it will be scrapped...


Membership is no longer 20 quid. It's ten pound until the end of the season. :thumbright:

Still too much and needs scrapping if the club want higher gates.


I was aware of that but same principle for me. A tenner for 1 or 2 games is No need. If we don't sell out a week before the game put on general sale. I'm sure a few hundred extra would end up going without the membership scheme
boyo1927
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby rossblue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:23 pm

How many have we sold so far???
rossblue
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby RV Casual » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:31 pm

A simple fix would be to allow season ticket holders and members to buy additional tickets.

I love our club and our fans and defend them to the hilt, but to have only sold 2200 at ten quid a ticket for Sunday given our position is shocking isn't it?

We took that to Darlington last day of season on the chance of nicking a play off place in div 3. If I running that Club I would have put the tickets on gemetal sale.

Secondly, I would be looking ahead to Sheff Utd and Norwich and thinking how I could help our support for two long trips.

We have 3 away games in 12 days, 2 of which are on Sky, you can't expect fans to go to them all, loads will go to Villa in the middle but I can see poor turnouts at Sheffield and Norwich so why don't the Club subsisize one or both. Norwich are charging Reading 25 quid so if they subsidised it to ten quid and we took 2000 it would cost them 30k a weeks wages for a couple of players.

Some will disagree but I wish our club would do this type of thing, other Clubs do it
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby Real_Blue_Really » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:A simple fix would be to allow season ticket holders and members to buy additional tickets.

I love our club and our fans and defend them to the hilt, but to have only sold 2200 at ten quid a ticket for Sunday given our position is shocking isn't it?

We took that to Darlington last day of season on the chance of nicking a play off place in div 3. If I running that Club I would have put the tickets on gemetal sale.

Secondly, I would be looking ahead to Sheff Utd and Norwich and thinking how I could help our support for two long trips.

We have 3 away games in 12 days, 2 of which are on Sky, you can't expect fans to go to them all, loads will go to Villa in the middle but I can see poor turnouts at Sheffield and Norwich so why don't the Club subsisize one or both. Norwich are charging Reading 25 quid so if they subsidised it to ten quid and we took 2000 it would cost them 30k a weeks wages for a couple of players.

Some will disagree but I wish our club would do this type of thing, other Clubs do it


Good ideas but watch out. i recently got laughed at on here for suggesting fans be subsidised to go to the match. :o
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell
Real_Blue_Really
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby RV Casual » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
RV Casual wrote:A simple fix would be to allow season ticket holders and members to buy additional tickets.

I love our club and our fans and defend them to the hilt, but to have only sold 2200 at ten quid a ticket for Sunday given our position is shocking isn't it?

We took that to Darlington last day of season on the chance of nicking a play off place in div 3. If I running that Club I would have put the tickets on gemetal sale.

Secondly, I would be looking ahead to Sheff Utd and Norwich and thinking how I could help our support for two long trips.

We have 3 away games in 12 days, 2 of which are on Sky, you can't expect fans to go to them all, loads will go to Villa in the middle but I can see poor turnouts at Sheffield and Norwich so why don't the Club subsisize one or both. Norwich are charging Reading 25 quid so if they subsidised it to ten quid and we took 2000 it would cost them 30k a weeks wages for a couple of players.

Some will disagree but I wish our club would do this type of thing, other Clubs do it


Good ideas but watch out. i recently got laughed at on here for suggesting fans be subsidised to go to the match. :o


Don't get why you would be laughed at mate.

To go to Norwich, Sheffield and Villa would cost the best part of £100 for tickets alone, same at the very least for the travel, add on spending money your looking upwards of £300 in 12 days to watch us on the road, gooder luck to anyone who can afford that.

With the money that's in football what's so funny with a Club or its players subsidising it's SUPPORTERS once in a while?

I'd love to do all 3 but will only be doing one and as the other two are on Sky in going to go to Norwich
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 66 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.