Now let's sell out Derby away

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Now let's sell out Derby away

Postby Real_Blue_Really » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:
RV Casual wrote:A simple fix would be to allow season ticket holders and members to buy additional tickets.

I love our club and our fans and defend them to the hilt, but to have only sold 2200 at ten quid a ticket for Sunday given our position is shocking isn't it?

We took that to Darlington last day of season on the chance of nicking a play off place in div 3. If I running that Club I would have put the tickets on gemetal sale.

Secondly, I would be looking ahead to Sheff Utd and Norwich and thinking how I could help our support for two long trips.

We have 3 away games in 12 days, 2 of which are on Sky, you can't expect fans to go to them all, loads will go to Villa in the middle but I can see poor turnouts at Sheffield and Norwich so why don't the Club subsisize one or both. Norwich are charging Reading 25 quid so if they subsidised it to ten quid and we took 2000 it would cost them 30k a weeks wages for a couple of players.

Some will disagree but I wish our club would do this type of thing, other Clubs do it

Good ideas but watch out. i recently got laughed at on here for suggesting fans be subsidised to go to the match. :o

Don't get why you would be laughed at mate.

To go to Norwich, Sheffield and Villa would cost the best part of £100 for tickets alone, same at the very least for the travel, add on spending money your looking upwards of £300 in 12 days to watch us on the road, gooder luck to anyone who can afford that.

With the money that's in football what's so funny with a Club or its players subsidising it's SUPPORTERS once in a while?

I'd love to do all 3 but will only be doing one and as the other two are on Sky in going to go to Norwich

It'll cost even more in the prem. Pricing out the working class. This is why i have a love/ hate relationship with modern football.
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell
Real_Blue_Really

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby nubbsy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 pm

adamt958 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
RV Casual wrote:I keep beating the same drum but I'll say it again, the Club can help on games like this by putting tickets on general sale after a certain point, that way, people like myself can entice and take friends/family who wouldn't ordinarily go, these people maywell end up becoming regulars.

When this game was initially announced a few family of mine showed an interest in going as a family, 12 in total but we can't get the tickets, I asked and was refused so only 3 of us going in the car now, was 4 one dropped out yday for family reasons.

Sell tickets to ST Holders/members as a priority and then after a certain point just stick them on general sale.

Same. As I'm in Manchester, this is quite a local game for me. So was tempted to take the whole family. I'm not buying memberships for all 4 of us just for one game!

Oh well, just bought my Wolves tickets for us lot in the family stand. If the boy likes it I'll commit to a season ticket with him for next year!!

https://www.change.org/p/cardiff-city-f ... responsive

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Get this link in its own thread on the home page and make it a sticky!
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:14 pm

rossblue wrote:How many have we sold so far???

Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194017
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skiprat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm

I don't believe it prices anyone out.premier league comes to to town all the excuses seem to evaporate.
skiprat

Postby JJ1927 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:48 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:
RV Casual wrote:A simple fix would be to allow season ticket holders and members to buy additional tickets.

I love our club and our fans and defend them to the hilt, but to have only sold 2200 at ten quid a ticket for Sunday given our position is shocking isn't it?

We took that to Darlington last day of season on the chance of nicking a play off place in div 3. If I running that Club I would have put the tickets on gemetal sale.

Secondly, I would be looking ahead to Sheff Utd and Norwich and thinking how I could help our support for two long trips.

We have 3 away games in 12 days, 2 of which are on Sky, you can't expect fans to go to them all, loads will go to Villa in the middle but I can see poor turnouts at Sheffield and Norwich so why don't the Club subsisize one or both. Norwich are charging Reading 25 quid so if they subsidised it to ten quid and we took 2000 it would cost them 30k a weeks wages for a couple of players.

Some will disagree but I wish our club would do this type of thing, other Clubs do it

Good ideas but watch out. i recently got laughed at on here for suggesting fans be subsidised to go to the match. :o

To go to Norwich, Sheffield and Villa would cost the best part of £100 for tickets alone, same at the very least for the travel, add on spending money your looking upwards of £300 in 12 days to watch us on the road, gooder luck to anyone who can afford that.

With the money that's in football what's so funny with a Club or its players subsidising it's SUPPORTERS once in a while?

I'd love to do all 3 but will only be doing one and as the other two are on Sky in going to go to Norwich

I agree. It wouln't harm the club or players to subsidise the travel as goodwill gesture. I seem to remember the club did this to Norwich one year. In fact given the money awash at Sky they could give the clubs some money to do this. Helps their product if there is a good away following. By the time we go to Villa, 7 of our last 10 away games will have been on Sky.

However have to disagree with those that say 2200 is a poor following. I think its not bad. They could let people in free and you wont get many more. What is putting some people off its the fact that its on a Sunday morning and on tv. I am going but I will have to be up before 5 am and had to think long and hard about it.
JJ1927

Postby RV Casual » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:06 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:

I agree. It wouln't harm the club or players to subsidise the travel as goodwill gesture. I seem to remember the club did this to Norwich one year. In fact given the money awash at Sky they could give the clubs some money to do this. Helps their product if there is a good away following. By the time we go to Villa, 7 of our last 10 away games will have been on Sky.

However have to disagree with those that say 2200 is a poor following. I think its not bad. They could let people in free and you wont get many more. What is putting some people off its the fact that its on a Sunday morning and on tv. I am going but I will have to be up before 5 am and had to think long and hard about it.

Your right mate, it's not poor, my choice of words was a bit off there when I said 'shocking', dissapointing would have been better, that's just my view though, but it's stI'll not bad all the same
RV Casual

Postby Wayne S » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:11 pm

skiprat wrote:I don't believe it prices anyone out.premier league comes to to town all the excuses seem to evaporate.

Or totally fresh faces, who are just in it for the Premier League, turn up with the cash to pay.
Wayne S

Postby RV Casual » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Wayne S wrote:
skiprat wrote:I don't believe it prices anyone out.premier league comes to to town all the excuses seem to evaporate.

Or totally fresh faces, who are just in it for the Premier League, turn up with the cash to pay.

Correct. We all know plenty who went in the PL season who havnt been swen since bar the odd game like Man City.
RV Casual

Postby norms76 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:59 pm

Been told that we’ve sold close to 2500 as of today.
norms76

Previous

Return to General Chat